Always get a player injured when making 3 substitutions?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just perception. The human mind when playing FM for some bloody reason only remembers when bad stuff happen.

For every instance you've made three subs then had an injury, you've had a situation when you've only made two subs and had an injury.

It's just perception. The human mind when playing FM for some bloody reason only remembers when bad stuff happen.

For every instance you've made three subs then had an injury, you've had a situation when you've only made two subs and had an injury.

Made 2 subs and never got an injury so far when final sub is put on after 75mins. Seems a little weird in my opinion. When all subs are put on before the 75th minute i get an injury, all but 1 has been a defender (the other was a striker).

It's perception. You never remember the sitations where you get an injury and have subs available. Nor do you remember the times you made 3 subs and didn't get an injury. you only remember the really bad moments because, ironically, they're so rare.

rare?

I'd say at least 75% of the time if you use all 3 subs together then you will end up with an injured player who has to go off before the 90 is up...

I agree with the OP, it does seem suspicious... (it happens to AI teams too...)

rare?

I'd say at least 75% of the time if you use all 3 subs together then you will end up with an injured player who has to go off before the 90 is up...

I totally agree with OP too, this has happened an awful lot in my save to.

Anyone else noticed this or is it that I'm just unlucky when every game I play and make 3 subs before the 75min I get a player injured - which always seems to be a defender for some reason.

I noticed the same thing, but it could just be a series of factors like fatigue, tackling, etc combined with the fact that i make all the substitutions before the 75th minute almost always.

Every game that I'm losing, I make 3 subs at HT, and never in 7 months of game-time has one of my players been injured in the second half of these games, crazy I know.

Must be with teams in lower divisions then. Seems unrealistic the amount of injuries though after 75mins when all subs are made. I checked fatigue etc and players have 85%+ after 75mins and get injured which too me is weird and strange since it is happening consistently.

I very often use 3 subs at the same time around the 70th minute. In 10 seasons I honestly can't remember the last time I went down to 10 men because of an injury... Red cards sure, I like my players giving it their all and sometimes that means diving twice and getting red carded after 10 mins (grrrr). **** happens though, and we are good at remembering it when **** does happen.

There is a solution - don't make 3 subs, save one just in case.

Thats how it should be, and thats probably how one would think i an actual situation as a manager. However, the OP has a point, I noticed this myself, it's been this way as long as I can remember.

There is a solution - don't make 3 subs, save one just in case.

Yea but that's no good if you need all three for a tactical change!

I think you're making a valid point here J-P, I'm in Evo Stick so maybe it does only happen in lower leagues. Either way, it is very unrealistic and very annoying.

I think it's more like others have said, you notice it when it happens but not when it doesn't. I would go back through all your games for a season and check how many times you have made 3 subs and how many times you have had an injury after those subs. I reckon it will be lower than you'd expect.

It keeps happening to me which is bizarre. Yes of course I notice, why wouldn't I? It keeps happening, I paid attention when I made a sub after 80mins and got no injuries. Played a new game and in the Euro Cup qualifiers with Celtic got a player injured when I made all subs before the 75th min.

This is very strange. I do not recall a game making all subs before the 75th min and getting no one injured.

I don't believe there's anything sinister happening, it's perception but there may be a correlating factor. As a rule, I'm more likely to make substitutions early if I'm in a fixture congestion situation, and my players aren't 100% fresh coming in, just because their condition drops to a lower level faster - and in these situations, the players who aren't substituted are likely a little more tired than usual, and thus the injury risk is higher than if your squad came into a match fully fit.

I don't believe there's anything sinister happening, it's perception but there may be a correlating factor. As a rule, I'm more likely to make substitutions early if I'm in a fixture congestion situation, and my players aren't 100% fresh coming in, just because their condition drops to a lower level faster - and in these situations, the players who aren't substituted are likely a little more tired than usual, and thus the injury risk is higher than if your squad came into a match fully fit.

Player was fully fit when he started the game and got injured. He was a 18 year old so hardly much fatigue at that age when your fully fit.

got a good sugggestion for you. If it KEEPS happening, dont use your third sub until after the 80th minute (or 85th!) that way at least you wont play for 15 minutes with 10 men.

I've already said why you can't always do this, above. To be honest I find the whole 'injury' thing very, very annoying and unrealistic, everyone just takes it in turns getting injured.....example - my leading scorer gets nobbled and he's out for 3 weeks, first game back my second striker gets nobbled and he's out for two months then in the very next match one of my full backs and my best centre mid get clobbered and they're out for 3 and 4 weeks. I eventually get my number 2 striker back but guess what? Next one of my wingers gets it and is out for a few weeks.... This sort of thing goes on in every other match in my save and it's got nothing to do with over training or tired players because I only train on light/medium part-time and I never use anyone under 95% fitness, I'm only about 7 or 8 matches in to a new season and I'm already struggling to make a team up because FM has decided my division is full of Joey Bartons. SI need to tone down these silly life threatening tackles because it's just taking an awful lot of fun out of this game.

Anyone else noticed this or is it that I'm just unlucky when every game I play and make 3 subs before the 75min I get a player injured - which always seems to be a defender for some reason.

lol omg i have the same situation as you!!! why does this happen to me? I make 3 subs right after 75min or before 75min & my player got injured :( But i would usually make a sub at 60min mark, then 2nd sub at 75min then at 80min, but in this particular game i had to make an immediate impact to get a win so put 2 players on after 75 min....Luckily in that the game i was plying at that time i just managed to held on a 1-0 win :p

got a good sugggestion for you. If it KEEPS happening, dont use your third sub until after the 80th minute (or 85th!) that way at least you wont play for 15 minutes with 10 men.

Why are people saying this? People aren't dumb, Nobody will make three subs if not for a desperate situation or when you need a result at all cost and certain players are performing extremely poorly. This happens especially in CL games.

Why are people saying this? People aren't dumb, Nobody will make three subs if not for a desperate situation or when you need a result at all cost and certain players are performing extremely poorly. This happens especially in CL games.

This is a reply for everyone who is saying this in the thread.

Look at real life football - managers DO NOT use all their subs up at 60-70minutes. Sure, occationally when its going so badly manager do make 3 changes at 50-60 minutes - but its called gambling for a reason.

Lets look at todays premier league matches

Birmingham :69, 82, 85

Man United: 73, 90

Man City: 58, 63, 77

Villa: 56, 56, 81

Stoke: 55, 69, 79

Fulham: NONE

Sunderland: 31, 58, 61

Blackpool: 19, 81, 81

Spurs: 46, 66, 72

Newcastle: 67, 79

West Brom: 66, 74

Blackburn: 46, 52, 82

West Ham: 34, 56, 85

Everton: 62, 90, 90

So, looking at that, out of 14 teams only 2 teams used all their subs by the 75th minute. 7 teams still had a sub to make after the 85th minute and 3 of those finished the game having not using all their subs.

Basically, if you are finishing the game having used all your subs by the 75 minute then you are asking for trouble - they dont do it in real life, over half the managers still had a player to spare up and till 5 minutes to go.

This is a reply for everyone who is saying this in the thread.

Look at real life football - managers DO NOT use all their subs up at 60-70minutes. Sure, occationally when its going so badly manager do make 3 changes at 50-60 minutes - but its called gambling for a reason.

Birmingham :69, 82, 85

Man United: 73, 90

Man City: 58, 63, 77

Villa: 56, 56, 81

Stoke: 55, 69, 79

Fulham: NONE

Sunderland: 31, 58, 61

Blackpool: 19, 81, 81

Spurs: 46, 66, 72

Newcastle: 67, 79

West Brom: 66, 74

Blackburn: 46, 52, 82

West Ham: 34, 56, 85

Everton: 62, 90, 90

So, looking at that, out of 14 teams only 2 teams used all their subs by the 75th minute. 7 teams still had a sub to make after the 85th minute and 3 of those finished the game having not using all their subs.

Basically, if you are finishing the game having used all your subs by the 75 minute then you are asking for trouble - they dont do it in real life, over half the managers still had a player to spare up and till 5 minutes to go.

And your point is? pointless from what I can see. Your theory makes no sense at all. People may make 3 subs before the 75th minute for various reasons, injuries, poor performances, change of formation etc. Don't tell people what they should and shouldn't do! You also contradict yourself saying managers don't make all 3 subs before the 75th minute yet you have just thrown up games showing they do.

There seems to be a lot of injuries in this game. I'm testing this theory out and so far I'm on key, paying perfect attention to every game and then going back to analyse when players get injured. Not sure if there is a bug or just bad coding in this department.

rare?

i would LOVE to see you back this up with some actual proof.

Ive never found a problem with this, yes it can happen but dont rush all three subs through at once and your always covered. IRL teams very rarely make 3 subs at once, and very often teams will not use all 3 subs during a game.

And your point is? pointless from what I can see. Your theory makes no sense at all. People may make 3 subs before the 75th minute for various reasons, injuries, poor performances, change of formation etc. Don't tell people what they should and shouldn't do! You also contradict yourself saying managers don't make all 3 subs before the 75th minute yet you have just thrown up games showing they do.

He doesn't contradict himself at all, and if you can't see his point then it seems you're not really interested in discussing the issue at all.

The info Maidel has provided is an excellent example of constructive debate. Some people made a claim that they should be able to use 3 subs fairly early in the second half. Maidel provided data showing that real life managers avoid doing this. We can't know why they do this in real life, but covering for injuries is probably one reason.

If you're making 3 subs before the 75th minute you should be prepared for the possibility of picking up injuries. I understand you may feel you need to make the changes, but real life managers don't do it so it seems odd to complain about the drawbacks in the light of this data.

Incidentally, I also agree with Milnerpoint and would love to see the data to back up the Lazaru5's claim. This is the problem with making silly claims - someone will eventually ask for proof or provide evidence to the contrary.

He doesn't contradict himself at all, and if you can't see his point then it seems you're not really interested in discussing the issue at all.

I was about to respond to defend myself, but, evidentally someone else has done it very nicely for me.

:)

To add to the point about contradicting myself. Well I never said that manager DONT do it, just that on average they dont. They also run the same risk as we do as managers, make those subsitiutions to try and win the game and leave yourself open to late injuries.

For me, the very telling stat is that 12 out of 14 managers still had at least 1 sub left at or around the 80th minute. Thats 85% of professional managers who ensure they have at least 1 covering subsitute upt till the last 10 minutes, and then 50% who still have one at 85minutes.

If you are making regular changes in every game using all your subs before the 75th minute then you are simply asking for trouble - the proffessionals, as a rule, dont do this - and with good reason.

I was about to respond to defend myself, but, evidentally someone else has done it very nicely for me.

:)

To add to the point about contradicting myself. Well I never said that manager DONT do it, just that on average they dont. They also run the same risk as we do as managers, make those subsitiutions to try and win the game and leave yourself open to late injuries.

For me, the very telling stat is that 12 out of 14 managers still had at least 1 sub left at or around the 80th minute. Thats 85% of professional managers who ensure they have at least 1 covering subsitute upt till the last 10 minutes, and then 50% who still have one at 85minutes.

If you are making regular changes in every game using all your subs before the 75th minute then you are simply asking for trouble - the proffessionals, as a rule, dont do this - and with good reason.

I think you have a very good point here - I sometimes make all 3 subs around 65 mins and on occasion it has cost me, so more often than not I will save one sub until the last 10 minutes and only then use it if I really have to. You just have to get the balance right and take the risk only when it is necessary.

Oh right! So because a manager has decided to use all three subs early in the game it's perfectly OK for the opposing team to kick **** out of everyone until someone has to leave the field injured then?

Maybe we could get SI to add it to the tactic shouts then, something like....'he's used all his subs, kick the **** out of 'em'!

i would LOVE to see you back this up with some actual proof.

Ive never found a problem with this, yes it can happen but dont rush all three subs through at once and your always covered. IRL teams very rarely make 3 subs at once, and very often teams will not use all 3 subs during a game.

I'd provide screenshots but you'd still say it doesn't happen... I suppose you think that Saddam had WMD's too, huh?

Oh right! So because a manager has decided to use all three subs early in the game it's perfectly OK for the opposing team to kick **** out of everyone until someone has to leave the field injured then?

Maybe we could get SI to add it to the tactic shouts then, something like....'he's used all his subs, kick the **** out of 'em'!

isn't that the 'get stuck in' shout?

I'd provide screenshots but you'd still say it doesn't happen... I suppose you think that Saddam had WMD's too, huh?

No I don't think so mate, I've used that one loads of times and never injured anybody.

i would love to see screen shots that proves this, please post the results screen from the past 1 or 2 seasons :)

What the hell has Saddam got to do with FM??????

i would love to see screen shots that proves this, please post the results screen from the past 1 or 2 seasons :)

What the hell has Saddam got to do with FM??????

1 or 2 seasons!?!? I'm still at bloody Christmas 2010! I'd got into January 2011 but a crash-dump has sent me back to Christmas Day (which I only saved because of the double media comments so I could upload if required) - not even bothered reloading the game yet either... thinking of removing and re-installing as I heard that that fixes the 'current' bug...

I'd have to load 3 different saves just to get your screenshots, and I cba right now... If I bother loading the current game again I'll grab the ones from that, just for you milnerpointless, k?

1 or 2 seasons!?!? I'm still at bloody Christmas 2010! I'd got into January 2011 but a crash-dump has sent me back to Christmas Day (which I only saved because of the double media comments so I could upload if required) - not even bothered reloading the game yet either... thinking of removing and re-installing as I heard that that fixes the 'current' bug...

I'd have to load 3 different saves just to get your screenshots, and I cba right now... If I bother loading the current game again I'll grab the ones from that, just for you milnerpointless, k?

i see what you did there, very witty........

Anyway your the one making these statements which i believe to be complete rubbish. If your going to make these wild untrue statements at least have some evidence to back them up.

I can promise you, you do not lose a player 75% of the time after you make 3 subs, not unless you are doing something very very wrong and not subbing the players who require it the most.

A wise approach that is equally recommendable in FM, I suspect.

Im sorry this has to be THE most awful get out arguement in history. It takes 10 seconds to load FM - if you want to make your point, do it, otherwise stop posting.

Ill be SHOCKED if you can find more than a couple of examples - and that is to be expected anyway.

Im sorry this has to be THE most awful get out arguement in history. It takes 10 seconds to load FM - if you want to make your point, do it, otherwise stop posting.

Ill be SHOCKED if you can find more than a couple of examples - and that is to be expected anyway.

how about 3 examples in 11 games played? There'd have been 4 in 14 before my crash dump as I'd played the 1st game in January and the 1st leg of the cup game had also had an injury after all subs were used...

fixtures

Persika%20Karawang%20%28Persika_%20Fixtures%29.png

example 1

Persires%20v%20Persika%20%28Stats_%20Player%20Ratings%29.png

example 2

Persiraja%20v%20Persika%20%28Stats_%20Player%20Ratings%29.png

example 3

Persika%20v%20PSBS%20Bangkinang%20%28Stats_%20Player%20Ratings%29.png

all you fanboi's can now be shocked... oh and STFU! More than 25% of games played result in what the OP said...

I'll not bother loading up the other games, I believe the point is proven categorically

hahahahaha you've proven nothing, 3 examples from preseason when you have crammed far too many games into a very short space of time does not prove your point at all, no wonder you are dropping players like flies. Play a season then come back with some actual stats that might hold up.

The op said this was specifically happening to the PLAYER, from what I can see its happened to you once...

If you look at the middle game the opposition had made 3 subs by the 69th minute - and - shock - no injury.

Also in your middle game where you did get an injury - you hadnt made your subs by the 75th minute - you made them at the 81st minute.

So what you have shown is that SOMETIMES if every sub is used by the 75th minute there is an injury - and sometimes not.

Trying to work out what you thought you were proving here really.

rare?

how about 3 examples in 11 games played? There'd have been 4 in 14 before my crash dump as I'd played the 1st game in January and the 1st leg of the cup game had also had an injury after all subs were used...

fixtures

all you fanboi's can now be shocked... oh and STFU! More than 25% of games played result in what the OP said...

I'll not bother loading up the other games, I believe the point is proven categorically

You said earlier it was 75%, now you are changing to 25%, that's a big difference...

Does it matter how many people uses 3 subs or not? I have the right to use it. Stop being fan boys and at least have your minds open to the idea of a bug.

Btw I always use 3 subs, well at least when winning by a good margin. Cause I want to get youth some experience. I don't understand why managers that are leading 3-0 never use their subs to get youth some experience. Even 2-0. Thats what they are there for. Need to rest players.

Archived