who wants the option to own a club in fm12

would you like the option of being an owner in m12  

276 members have voted

1. 1. would you like the option of being an owner in m12

• yes i would like the owner option put in to 2012
    • no i don't want an owner option

i would this this feature added it would be great to have the choice to start a carrer as either a manager or owner.

being an owner would be great i think it would take the game to another level there no loss in trying it out. football is big today with owners being in the spotlight more.

this is football manager not football mogul. will never happen, guarantee you that

by the way, go check out the poll you created

yes i would like the owner option put in to 20012

maybe the owner option will be included by 20012 he he

this is football manager not football mogul. will never happen, guarantee you that

by the way, go check out the poll you created

yes i would like the owner option put in to 20012

maybe the owner option will be included by 20012 he he

The 2 that have voted yes are probably happy for it to be included in 20012, but don't want it next year!

The 2 that have voted yes are probably happy for it to be included in 20012, but don't want it next year!

whoever the clowns are who voted for it to be in for 2012, most likely want the ability to spend your managerial wages also and lets not forget the option to have different hardness levels (easy, medium, hard) :D

whoever the clowns are who voted for it to be in for 2012, most likely want the ability to spend your managerial wages also and lets not forget the option to have different hardness levels (easy, medium, hard) :D

While I like this idea, difficulty levels are a stupid stupid idea

:p

I've had this idea before.

But this is how I always saw it work.

You are a manager and you make earnings. So you have a career that spans say 40 seasons. And you accumulate wealth. Then at the end of your career you have the choice to RESIGN and then you can use your accumulated wealth to purchase a club within your accumulated wealth.

After you buy the club you enter the game as a new manager, young and fresh, but your club is owned by your former self.

This could mean that I end up buying say a club and they have a bit of wealth due to new owners. And you as a fresh young manager can use this wealth.

I've had games before that I get to 100 years of age. Which is not realisitic. I'd like to be able to Resign and add a new manager, but there is no reason why I can't use my accumulated wealth to purchase a club. This would only mean that the wealth I've built up is injected into a club and you get to start a new career.

I've had this idea before.

But this is how I always saw it work.

You are a manager and you make earnings. So you have a career that spans say 40 seasons. And you accumulate wealth. Then at the end of your career you have the choice to RESIGN and then you can use your accumulated wealth to purchase a club within your accumulated wealth.

After you buy the club you enter the game as a new manager, young and fresh, but your club is owned by your former self.

This could mean that I end up buying say a club and they have a bit of wealth due to new owners. And you as a fresh young manager can use this wealth.

I've had games before that I get to 100 years of age. Which is not realisitic. I'd like to be able to Resign and add a new manager, but there is no reason why I can't use my accumulated wealth to purchase a club. This would only mean that the wealth I've built up is injected into a club and you get to start a new career.

im not a big fan of the whole 'owning a club' thing on f,-

but if you did this i think it would work quite well

wow.... never thought id be saying that!!

yes yes and yes. it would be a superb feature etc. but I wanna see director of football and player career first. and lol @ ppl saying its Football Manager.

well, obviously, we have a few idiots in SI forums.

im 100% sure football manager means manager of football, owners are huge part of football management these days, but owners modes jadajada would take a few years I guess, because it would be completely different game...

yes yes and yes. it would be a superb feature etc. but I wanna see director of football and player career first. and lol @ ppl saying its Football Manager.

im 100% sure football manager means manager of football, owners are huge part of football management these days, but owners modes jadajada would take a few years I guess, because it would be completely different game...

There's no way you can be serious.

Yeh but the point in doing it my way is that it would encourage career games. Where someone actually manages until they are 70 years of age. Or when they have enough wealth to buy a club they like.

Then when they retire - the clubs chairman is your former self with your profile attributes. And you start as a new manager at the club you love which has new investors and a little more cash to splash.

I think it's a novell ideal.

well in support of the OP...

Barry Fry - Peterborough

but I'm not sure I'd like it... I have thought it would be nice to earn boatloads as a manager and then buy a club and owner/manage them (perhaps not on a Michael Knighton @ Carlisle level though - I don't know any aliens for one ;) )

I sometimes think that I'd like to be able to bet a few quid on games too, especially when my team are 30/1 to win away from home (and we win 1-0 :p )

BUT

I'd rather we didn't get any new features in FM12 - just tweaks/improvements to the current features would suffice (IMHO)

Yeh but the point in doing it my way is that it would encourage career games. Where someone actually manages until they are 70 years of age. Or when they have enough wealth to buy a club they like.

Then when they retire - the clubs chairman is your former self with your profile attributes. And you start as a new manager at the club you love which has new investors and a little more cash to splash.

I think it's a novell ideal.

And do what exactly? The manager in FM already controls wages, staff and transfers. So what's left to do apart from hire a manager, and occasionally say yes or no to their requests?

You wouldn't control match decisions, you wouldn't be involved in tactics etc.

Basically, FM already allows you to do the interesting aspects that a chairman deals with (at the expense of realism I might add), so I honestly cannot see any reason why a "Be A Chairman" feature should be added in this series. If you want to build your own stadium and have a shedload of useless gimmicks thrown at you, FIFA Manager is in your local gaming shops bargain bin as we speak.

Unbelievably stupid idea. Next one will be Groundskeeper Manager 2012 I guess. Keep the grass short, organise the sprinklers, cover the grass if snow is forecast...

Yeah you're right there are a few idiots on these forums. I mean some people basically think anyone who doesn't agree with them are idiots. Worse than that are the ones who cover their insults in spoiler tags :thdn:

And i voted no, as I have done everytime this gets asked.

One thing I would like, is if the team you put as your favourite side ever enter financial trouble you can give them money. Various people have done discreet things for the clubs of their choice in the past, managers more rarely but thats because in the past managers have been paid much, much less. However, if Aberdeen were in need of a few grand to stave of administration I think Ferguson would put his hand in his pocket to stump it up.

I'd love more depth added to ownership structures, boards, chairmen, etc., if only for making the simulation of that side of the game more realistic, but not at the expense of other features of the game. It's probably best if they keep manager as the only playable job, though.

Come on, I think you're a bit hard on those who would like to see this option, there are quite a few of them considering how often these kind of threads are created. What would you lose if this was actually implemented? You wouldn't have to use it. You could say that the development time could be invested elsewhere but come on, how many features are there that you never use? It won't make that big a difference but it would add something to the game for those who want this feature.

No, because it would be really boring.

Day 1, hire a manager, set a transfer budget.

Days 2-365, do nothing.

Day 366, set a transfer budget.

etc.

why are people so stupid on this thinking there would be nothing to do there would be you have meetings ect and you watch the matches just like you do as the manager acept you have a manager to pick the team ect.

And do what exactly? The manager in FM already controls wages, staff and transfers. So what's left to do apart from hire a manager, and occasionally say yes or no to their requests?

You wouldn't control match decisions, you wouldn't be involved in tactics etc.

Basically, FM already allows you to do the interesting aspects that a chairman deals with (at the expense of realism I might add), so I honestly cannot see any reason why a "Be A Chairman" feature should be added in this series. If you want to build your own stadium and have a shedload of useless gimmicks thrown at you, FIFA Manager is in your local gaming shops bargain bin as we speak.

Unbelievably stupid idea. Next one will be Groundskeeper Manager 2012 I guess. Keep the grass short, organise the sprinklers, cover the grass if snow is forecast...

in football manager the chairman sets the budgets.

why are people so stupid on this thinking there would be nothing to do there would be you have meetings ect and you watch the matches just like you do as the manager acept you have a manager to pick the team ect.

People aren't stupid, they simply recognise within the limits of FM an owner would have very little to do and if you want to just watch matches there are plenty in RL.

Watching matches would be a poor second best to actually managing. My main FM11 save is with England, so I watch a load of matches to get an idea how the young players are doing. I tend to get bored if there isn't an English player doing well, and leave at half time. I think I'd get bored even quicker if I wasn't going to do anything with the information I received.

As for board meetings, I really can't see this being exciting enough to string a game together.

I used to support this idea, but as soon as I realised how little there is to do, I stopped supporting it. I remember once pushing someone on what features would be included, and he suggested "doing the paperwork".

I'd like there to be an addition in 2012 for the role of stadium car parking manager.

You have to make sure that the car park is nice and clean before the match, then you can watch the match, then you have to make sure that the car park is nice and clean when everyone leaves. Sometimes you might have to hire/fire some car park attendants and raise the price of parking every now and then. And you would also have to make sure that the bronze plaque in the chairman's parking space is nice and shiny so everyone can see his name. And you would have to think of the best place to locate the burger van.

I think this would really add to the game and I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

I'd like there to be an addition in 2012 for the role of stadium car parking manager.

You have to make sure that the car park is nice and clean before the match, then you can watch the match, then you have to make sure that the car park is nice and clean when everyone leaves. Sometimes you might have to hire/fire some car park attendants and raise the price of parking every now and then. And you would also have to make sure that the bronze plaque in the chairman's parking space is nice and shiny so everyone can see his name. And you would have to think of the best place to locate the burger van.

I think this would really add to the game and I'm surprised it hasn't been implemented yet.

+1 :thup:

hehe :D

I'm not stupid, I have a job and go to meetings already. I don't want to do this in a game because meetings are boring. How exactly do you envisage these meetings going anyway?

Would you really watch all the games? I would also find that frustrating because I have no control over the proceedings.

I'm sure this type of game would be a novelty at first, but people will get bored quickly because there really isn't much that can be done with it.

Archived