League Fixture order, why?

Why do you play teams in the same order, 1st and 2nd half of the season?

Since when has that happened in real life? Was confused as to why Arsenal were playing Chelsea so soon today but then realised it's only in FM

Since... always? O_O

At least in La Liga, it's been that way forever

Yeah this has been one thing thats always bugged me.

Ive notivced that maybe three fixtures next to each other simply change order and thats it.

Obviously more important things to look at but please SI? Just one little problem to fix for the future? Please?

agree with above

I always tick 'use real fixtures when available ' but never actually get them so dunno when/if they're available

also, you can virtually guarantee that if you have a scheduled league game against a potential QF/SF opponent at around the time of the QF/SF you will ALWAYS be drawn against them! (so you end up with 2/3 games v the same team in a couple of weeks)

I believe that every season the intention is to play them in the same order and I'm sure thats how they are announced. However once Sky/ESPN are factored in along with cup fixtures, and other postponements we often end up with a very jumbled fixture list.

Surprised to see that you hate something AF7 ;)

EDIT: and Lazaru5, real fixtures are only available in licensed leagues, which the EPL is not.

I believe that every season the intention is to play them in the same order and I'm sure thats how they are announced. However once Sky/ESPN are factored in along with cup fixtures, and other postponements we often end up with a very jumbled fixture list.

Surprised to see that you hate something AF7 ;)

EDIT: and Lazaru5, real fixtures are only available in licensed leagues, which the EPL is not.

The fixures do seem to be 'blocked' in groups of games, but not in the places you'd expect them. You can see it here on the Blackpool fixture announcement, there are runs of games that are mirrored elsewhere in the list but the blocks are not in the same order. You can also see that a few of the big club games look out of place, so perhaps the CL/EL calendar is take into account.

This is worth a read, after reading it you can probably understand why FM needs to simplify the way fixture lists are created.

The fixures do seem to be 'blocked' in groups of games, but not in the places you'd expect them. You can see it here on the Blackpool fixture announcement, there are runs of games that are mirrored elsewhere in the list but the blocks are not in the same order. You can also see that a few of the big club games look out of place, so perhaps the CL/EL calendar is take into account.

This is worth a read, after reading it you can probably understand why FM needs to simplify the way fixture lists are created.

Hmm. I looked at one of last seasons fixture announcements and it was pretty much mirrored. Anyway. Not the biggest deal.

And i've read that article before, not an easy job is it :D

Archived