Which career should I start?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Which career should I start?

• Rosenborg FTW!
    • Top Leagues
    • Climbing the ladder
    • "Unusual" countries
    • LLM (lite)

After the unfortunate loss of my glorious FM10 save, I think it's time to give a fair shot at the (hopefully) improved 11.2 version...

The fact is, however, I haven't yet found a type of career that can make me want to start a new game and play it for "one more match" for hours and hours...

Here are a couple of options I'm pondering, complete with pros (+) and cons (-) ...

* Monogamous Rosenborg career: pretty much my "launch-day choice" and often my one and only actual save...

+ Somewhat challenging, and the DLR is something I've been waiting for years...

- I played it for one season on 11.0/11.1, and it was disappointingly easy [reached EL final...]. Also, I know who I can/must buy... A "been there, done that" feeling is always a chance.

* Top Leagues career: like the majority of FM'ers play... EPL, La Liga, Serie A etc...

+ I haven't started in a Top League since CM3, so it could be fun working at a level were "all-around 13" is a backup and not a top player...

- It'll get laughably easy/boring after a while, and I don't particularly care about any club there.

* Climbing the ladder: starting unemployed and bringing to the top (or as higher I can) whatever club hires me. Loading a nice blend of top and second-rate nations

+ Somewhat realistic and compelling.

- Tendency to stick with the first club when/if achieving something. Also, many original players will be gone by the time I'm getting a top job... It's less fun with newgens.

* Out in left field: no "conventional" Top Leagues for a change.

+ Plenty of interesting scenarios...

- ... but with few familiar faces it can get boring quickly.

* LLM

+ The mother of all long-term saves

- Its rules are too draconian for my liking. Even a "LLM lite" version would get tedious due to the amount of suckitude to deal with season after season.

Archived