The injuries are really annoying me now

Its just the description.

Out for a month after trying to sprint. Back strain lifting weights.

I've sprinted thousands of times, and I've lifted heavy weights hundreds of times. Never once have I been out for even a day after doing any of that. It's a joke. My best 2 players are out now for no good reason.

Unless you are a complete idiot, how do you put yourself out for a month lifting weights? It's outrageous. My mate is tiny and deadlifts 150 kg, and he has never done his back in. No one I know ever has. And they don't have profession AC Milan physios and coachs telling him how.

Unless you are a complete idiot, how do you put yourself out for a month lifting weights? It's outrageous. My mate is tiny and deadlifts 150 kg, and he has never done his back in. No one I know ever has. And they don't have profession AC Milan physios and coachs telling him how.

Yes, but your 'mate' isnt trying to impress world class coaches and actually improve his strength and stamina.

I can lift weights until I get bored without ever hurting myself, but unless im actually lifting a weight that is going to 'improve me' its never going to help or hurt.

Come on Sheva, have you run out of real issues? you are really scraping the barrel now.

Yes, but your 'mate' isnt trying to impress world class coaches and actually improve his strength and stamina.

Of course he is trying to improve his strength. He has gone from really skinny to pretty strong. As have everyone that does a bit of weight training. It's not hard.

And even if you did over do it, the most you'd be in pain for is about 3 days. ANd even then you could still play football, it would just ache a bit.

These injuries really are ridiculous. It says my central defender damaged his knee ligaments watchng TV!

My reserve goalkeeper dislocated his shoulder putting his ironing board away!

My first team goalkeeper knocked out both his front teeth with a golf club!

And the opposition goal keeper had his kneecap shattered because he colided with a dog.

http://www.safesport.co.uk/got-hurt-15-freakiest-sports-injuries.html

Yes Sheva - you are REALLY hard done by because your player put his back out while lifting weights.

Its just the description.

Out for a month after trying to sprint. Back strain lifting weights.

I've sprinted thousands of times, and I've lifted heavy weights hundreds of times. Never once have I been out for even a day after doing any of that. It's a joke. My best 2 players are out now for no good reason.

Thats funny because I have been out for two months after hurting my shoulder lifting weights and have been out for a few weeks after sprinting and I'm not an idiot at all.

It's called bad luck and players sprinting day in day out for years and lifting weights day in and day out for years, it takes a toll on your body after awhile.

These injuries really are ridiculous. It says my central defender damaged his knee ligaments watchng TV!

My reserve goalkeeper dislocated his shoulder putting his ironing board away!

My first team goalkeeper knocked out both his front teeth with a golf club!

And the opposition goal keeper had his kneecap shattered because he colided with a dog.

http://www.safesport.co.uk/got-hurt-15-freakiest-sports-injuries.html

Yes Sheva - you are REALLY hard done by because your player put his back out while lifting weights.

This is quality!

8 Red Sox pitcher Clarence Blethen had a habit of taking his false teeth out to intimidate opposing batsmen, storing them in his back pocket. Unfortunately, he forgot to put them back in one day, and sliding in to second base while fielding, he suffered lacerations to his backside from the dentures

He bit himself in the ass!! :D

Thats funny because I have been out for two months after hurting my shoulder lifting weights and have been out for a few weeks after sprinting and I'm not an idiot at all.

It's called bad luck and players sprinting day in day out for years and lifting weights day in and day out for years, it takes a toll on your body after awhile.

How did you hurt your shoulder?

How did you hurt your shoulder?

I know you arent asking me - but I will answer for myself with a similar event.

As a teenager I was a Junior International rower. I had international coaches watching me all the time, explaining how to lift weights, training me on the water etc. I ruined my 'career' as I lifted weights in the wrong way, aggravating a previously sore back caused by 'catching a crab' while rowing at race speed. I was lifting probably slightly more than I was capable, trying to do clean and jerk sets (a weight lifting exercise that closely mimics a sculling motion) and I overbalanced, took all the weight on my lower back rather than on my arms and shoulders and BANG tore my lower back muscles clear off the bone.

It wasnt fun, it wasnt pleasant, and I was out of training for 2 years, by which time I was no longer a junior and the previous 3 years had been wasted. Was it my fault - yes. Was I being 'stupid' no - it was an accident.

No offence but you was being an idiot.

Clean and Jerk is a difficult movement to master. Completely silly to put on more weight than you can manage.

Plus as a football player their is no need at all to do clean and jerks. He can just do power cleans if he absolutely has to.,

Clean and Jerk is a difficult movement to master. Completely silly to put on more weight than you can manage.

Plus as a football player their is no need at all to do clean and jerks. He can just do power cleans if he absolutely has to.,

Oh right.

Yes - I was being an idiot - doing exactly the routine that a olympic gold medalist (and olympic coach) had set out for us.

Yes - I was being an idiot, sorry silly me, I forgot that Sheva is god and knows best about everything, ill make sure to email my old coach and tell him, Im sure he will be so interrested.

Ok after a good thread earlier today I thought you had learned a little but then you stumble back into your old ways.

Lets clear injuries up first, not particularly for your benefit but for other people reading the thread - They are random, this is a computer game, no-one lifts weights, no-one does sprints. The game calculates an injury occurs and picks one at random. The name given to an injury is simply that, a name - It could be called Bob if you like.

its is simple, players gets injured... nothing wrong in that except the method by which they get injured... however I think it should not be more than 4 player at a time...

Why?

http://www.physioroom.com/news/english_premier_league/epl_injury_table.php

Thats the current premiership injury list - only a couple of clubs have LESS than 4 injuries at the moment.

Since i rotate and rest players a lot i normally can keep the injury list to a minimum.. still have a couple of issues with them:

-On pre-season friendlies i take the care of reducing forward-runs,closing down and set tackling to easy to avoid any injuries.. the problem is that the AI doesn't seem to play those friendlies in a "friendly" way.. i could say the same about the reserve league..

-Injuries from weights.. now i understand that strength training is needed on game to keep those attributes from decreasing but somehow i just can't see smaller players like Xavi,Iniesta,Modric,Sneijder pulling weights.. i could be dead wrong though!

-Small knocks and condition decrease on a match seems to happen a little too often.

Oh right.

Yes - I was being an idiot - doing exactly the routine that a olympic gold medalist (and olympic coach) had set out for us.

Yes - I was being an idiot, sorry silly me, I forgot that Sheva is god and knows best about everything, ill make sure to email my old coach and tell him, Im sure he will be so interrested.

The routine may have been OK. But you did the routine wrong.

You either didn't learn the technique properly, or you did, but got way too ambitious.

This reply is out of order- you continue to ask questions and raise issues then refuse to accept any responses that you dont like. Learn how to use these forums and respect others and their opinions

The routine may have been OK. But you did the routine wrong.

You either didn't learn the technique properly, or you did, but got way too ambitious.

I dont disagree entirely with any of that.

Firstly, I had been doing it for months, it wasnt like I was 'new' to it. Secondly, I didnt get 'overambitious' so to speak, rather I over estimated how much I had improved. Everyone else had increased their load on that afternoon, so I did the same.

I didnt want to be left behind. Sounds exactly like what any footballer might do - want to impress their manager, try that bit harder...

Of course he is trying to improve his strength. He has gone from really skinny to pretty strong. As have everyone that does a bit of weight training. It's not hard.

And even if you did over do it, the most you'd be in pain for is about 3 days. ANd even then you could still play football, it would just ache a bit.

Really? You just said your mate is tiny? Come on mate....

for me the injuries happen every time i have a really big game coming up. 3 years on the trot a week before my champions league second round game a couple of my best players always get injured. 3 years a coincidence or just "random"?

Really? You just said your mate is tiny? Come on mate....

He's about 5 7. He used to be very skinny, no muscle. Now he is pretty strong.

As I say this, another player has hurt his wrist on the weights. What exactly happens in my weights room. I swear they are just chucking them at each other.

As I say this, another player has hurt his wrist on the weights. What exactly happens in my weights room. I swear they are just chucking them at each other.

What they are actually doing is they are trying to get you sacked. They all have this little pact to get injured so you have no team to pick from so you wont be their manager anymore.

What do you actually want people to tell you?

I ruptured nerves in my back lifting a bin, and couldn't do my bar job for over a year! I even lifted "properly" (knees bent, back straight), but these things happen.

Being out for a month after lifting weights is not absurd at all.

Should be a "like" button for the above ;)

indeed :D

I've strained all the tendons in my arm by picking up an empty box...

I also pulled all the muscles in my back once, but I honestly have no idea how I did that - it just hurt like hell one day and that was the diagnosis... I was out of action for weeks :(

What they are actually doing is they are trying to get you sacked. They all have this little pact to get injured so you have no team to pick from so you wont be their manager anymore.

What do you actually want people to tell you?

Should also be a like button for this comment :p

well.... how about me having dislocated my knee (the fibula and tibia in the calf were slightly dislocated from the femur in the thigh) virtually doing nothing !!!

i was playing with my little brother and just passing the ball around and then suddenly my left knee was up in flames.

it took 6 months for me to be able to run normally again. even now 8 years later, my knee still gives me fits when i don't warm up for like an hour :|

I think all you guys most have very low natural fitness!

I have never had any sort of injury my entire life. And I've played 11 a side all my life pretty much. I life weights 3 times a week on and off. Never had an injury doing heavy squats, deadlift etc.

you're amazing. Im suprised the premier league hasnt come calling

can we be friends?

I have never had any sort of injury my entire life. And I've played 11 a side all my life pretty much. I life weights 3 times a week on and off. Never had an injury doing heavy squats, deadlift etc.

Touch wood of course :p

Injuries can happen to the best and fittest of people. It doesn't mean that they have low natural fitness it means that they were unlucky to get the injury. Would you say Rooney has very low natural fitness because he spent a while out with injury. You're lucky that you can play football Sheva. I'd love to be able to play as often as you unfortunately I have no cartilage in my left knee which makes playing football almost impossible except in small bursts.

Sheva this is a friendly piece of advice. Don;t presume anything at all about people you've never met. Touch wood you'll never get an injury but it could happen. An innocuous little challenge could end your football playing days.

is breaking your arm because you tripped and fell while walking down the street an outrageous injury? it takes a long time to recover from that and it was cause by something extremely silly like doing power cleans or sprinting.

people tear and pull muscles while sprinting and lifting weights. Any sort of activity that strains muscles has the potential to cause some kind of injury

After reading this thread, I really wish I was Sheva.

I'm not even kidding, how awesome would it be going through life as him? Nothing's ever my fault, if something goes wrong then someone else was being an idiot. I would always be happy.

I envy you. Right now I have this thing called 'humility', it's a bitch.

Archived