Starting Unemployed - FM11 - Patch 11.2.1

Hi,

I read a few threads about starting unemployed in FM11 and some people have been saying they are experiencing problems trying to find a job with the new patch. I have to concur that I am also struggling. Of course it depends on what leagues you select and how many, and what your past experience is.

I chose "automatic" for my past experience and got Sunday league player - which seems to be the same from previous versions when I select automatic.

I selected 5 leagues, of which 2 of them had the most possible leagues selected; Scottish 3rd Division and upwards for example. I chose, the French / English / Scottish / Spanish / German leagues (with both the Scottish and German having the most leagues playable). Even in those two countries alone I cannot get employed. 1 year had gone before I got offered a job in the Blue Square Premier. This to me seems realistic-ish taking that amount of time and this type of job. I have to give thumbs up to SI for making it more realistic this time.

It seems extremely difficult (to the point of impossible) to get a job in FM11, especially with the past experience selected at Sunday league. Anyone else managed to get a job starting with Sunday league past experience?

Yeah, but only after much trying. Before the patch, I had to wait 'til November to get a job offer (with automatic experience), and my offers were Woking or Celta Vigo B. Unfortunately, I chose Celta B, and found my game wasn't playable due to a bug with player registration (which is now fixed ^_^).

On the new patch, I started again, and around November time again I got an offer from Catanzaro in the lowest playable Italian league, which I'm really enjoying.

Moral of the story? If you're going to start unemployed with auto experience, be prepared to wait a while, and also have lots of very low ranking leagues loaded, or you could be waiting forever. It's a hell of a lot tougher to get a job than in previous games, but that kind of makes it more fun (for me at least).

I started unemployed on 11.2.1 with Sunday League footballer status and 14 countries running and got a job at Bromely in the Blue Square South as the new consortium sacked the manager after the opening round of the BSS.

When trying on previous updates normally took a whole season to go by before landing a managerial post.

I started unemployed on 11.2.1 with Sunday League footballer status and 14 countries running and got a job at Bromely in the Blue Square South as the new consortium sacked the manager after the opening round of the BSS.

When trying on previous updates normally took a whole season to go by before landing a managerial post.

I got offered Bromlay also and what a woeful team they are. I cleared the team got in new players buy they are still atrocious and I keep getting tanked.

I started off as unemployed and got offered the Bury job, the Dundee job and the Hamilton job with Sunday League footballer as my rep.

That to me is unrealistic. SI need to improve this area to make it more realistic in my opinion. A non-league side fare enough or a trash Scottish League side who in the previous season were terrible and the chairman is looking to take a gamble fair enough, but not Dundee or Bury.

The issue isn't getting the first job, the issue is that once you get that job and want another, it's absolutely impossible unless you're managing in a league that has a decent rep (like an English league).

If your first job is in, say, South Africa, and you resign from that job in order to get another one, you're absolutely screwed. You also don't get job offers in the lower rep leagues either.

The issue isn't getting the first job, the issue is that once you get that job and want another, it's absolutely impossible unless you're managing in a league that has a decent rep (like an English league).

If your first job is in, say, South Africa, and you resign from that job in order to get another one, you're absolutely screwed. You also don't get job offers in the lower rep leagues either.

Correct. Getting the first job is not the problem.

Archived