Thoughts on 11.2.1 bugs after 6 seasons in.

I just wanted to share what I feel is still wrong with FM11 after playing 6 seasons, these are the ones I've experienced:

- Your contract negotiations with the board

You can not accept an offered deal to extend your contract. Mentioned this in an another thread.

- Free transfers

Computer teams are not protecting their best players with long term contracts. I'm playing French league, and Lille has lost 4 players out of the starting 11 on free transfers in one summer (!). I've gotten several steals on free transfers, including Sergio Aguero. I repeat, I signed Sergio Aguero on a free transfer, what is the chance of that happening in real life?

- Red cards

Worst disciplined teams, about 3-4 of them, still get around 10 red cards every year. Then you have teams with 7-9 red cards. Way too much!

- Own goals

Still not fixed. Own goals happen all the time.

- Central defender scoring like insane

My center back is scoring 20-25 goals every single year. He's one of the best scorers in the league, even Batistuta would have been proud of this guy's scoring prowess. My defender is scoring more goals than Sergio Aguero and another world class regen striker I have. Aguero scored 16 goals, my center back 25 goals. See something wrong here, SI? Epic ME bug, one of the silliest I've ever seen.

- Corners and IFK goals

I'm getting around 15 goals per year on corners (no instruction set on corners in my tactic) and loads more from indirect kicks. In real life, defenders who are the best headers of the ball in the world (like Nemanja Vidic) get only a handful of goals each year. So why am I scoring practically every match like this? My defender (see above) gets 2 goals in a match all the time.

Transfers seem fixed, I havent been offered Pastore for 10m or C. Ronaldo for 30m in 6 years I've played, like in 11.1.

Players getting unhappy seems fixed, I havent had 10 of my starters demand a transfer because I've treated a fringe player unfairly. Nor have I experienced 5-6 players demand a transfer because they dont get along with one player, like in 11.1. Seems fixed.

My center back is scoring 20-25 goals every single year. He's one of the best scorers in the league, even Batistuta would have been proud of this guy's scoring prowess. My defender is scoring more goals than Sergio Aguero and another world class regen striker I have. Aguero scored 16 goals, my center back 25 goals. See something wrong here, SI? Epic ME bug, one of the silliest I've ever seen.

this is funny but true

fm11.x.x = one of the worst game ever

fm10.3.0 = one of the best

way to go SI, pathetic...

I just wanted to share what I feel is still wrong with FM11 after playing 6 seasons, these are the ones I've experienced:

You can not accept an offered deal to extend your contract. Mentioned this in an another thread.

What? Is this true??

Yes. They offer you a contract which you cannot accept, because it is less than the minimum wage(it shows an asterisk). => your contract expires.

Never had this.

I have about 7/8 longish saves and have had contracts extended without problem on all of them, some of them more than once.

And to the OP.....

1)Contracts..... see above.

2)Free Transfers ...... Ive had no problems with this. There have been one or two big stars moving on free's everynow and then,,,, But that is actually realistic.

3)Red crads. Over 20 reds in the prem already this year. And please remeber this is a game. If a player like Lee Catermole has high aggression/dirtyness, the AI will act acordingly and send him off on a regular basis, AI is artificial inteligence and unable to think like us or accept the meaning of reality or realism.

How do SI fix this??? Make Lee Catermole a pussy cat???

4)Own Goals. Yeah theere seem to be a lot but if it's ruining your game, dont ever go watch footie live,,,, You'll comit suicide if you see an OG in the flesh.

5) CB's scoring 25 a season. I have two of the worlds best CB's in a few of my saves and they usually get about 20 between them. Yes it's unrealistic slightly but If I win the league, I win because I had the best team, not because my CB scored a lot of goals. I can live with it until SI can tone them down somehow.

6)I think you'll find teams quite often score for real in the prem from set pieces. Dunno what the percentage is but this is still not a game breaker.

There is only one major problem with this game now, 48 month payment for transfers. As West Ham manager, with the club in massive loan debt, I can spend 30/40 mil in my first season with the 48 month payment plan and there is no penalty. In all the time Ive played this game Ive never had a club get into finnancial trouble because of this. Ive never had a game where the board blocked a massive transfer fee and Ive never had to pay back any of the money out of future transfer funds.

The center alf scoring thing annoys me. I played a newcastle and and Mike Williamson was my top scorer, 26 in one season. He even banged in a couple of hat tricks which for a defender is bonkers. I mean a CB getting a couple of goals in a game might happen, but a hat trick is mental.

Never had this.

I have about 7/8 longish saves and have had contracts extended without problem on all of them, some of them more than once.

And to the OP.....

1)Contracts..... see above.

2)Free Transfers ...... Ive had no problems with this. There have been one or two big stars moving on free's everynow and then,,,, But that is actually realistic.

I haven't seen it=it's not happening=people are making up bugs=conspiracy. An insight into the weird world of a fanboi.

I haven't seen it=it's not happening=people are making up bugs=conspiracy. An insight into the weird world of a fanboi.

someone doesn't agree with me=must try and discredit them to make myself look correct/better=call them a fanboi

anyway, onto business...

i'm 7 seasons in and i haven't experienced your contract problem. can't say i've seen too many people going for free, no more than in real life.

cards and og's seem ok to me and the other active leagues. i actually think set piece's are pretty ineffective besides the scoring cb's thing, which is pretty annoying, i'll give you that.

Are defenders scoring only from set pieces? Or are they scoring from open play as well? This is awfull. I remember in FM08 with the 8.0.2 patch scoring hattricks from corners with my defenders because of that awful corner bug.

Yep my centre back at the far post picked up over 10 goals from corners

- Corners and IFK goals

I'm getting around 15 goals per year on corners (no instruction set on corners in my tactic)

I wonder, is it just that the default corner settings are too effective? I set mine up properly and have scored what I would say is a realistic number to date

It always makes me laugh when people claim a solid game to be the worst ever... '11 is by no means perfect, there are plenty of little quirks, inconsistencies and head in the sand elements, but I'm still enjoying it. My CB gets around 8-10 goals from standing on the far post for corners. Does seem a little high... but that can be toned down I'm sure and definitely needs looking at if people are getting 20+ goals from their defenders every season! Free Kicks however... I never get any DFK goals! :D

The series does come across, still, as developed by a small team used to doing things a certain way but that may well be part of the magic. Looking forward to the next patch (just hope the guys get time to fix problems the test team alert them to...).

someone doesn't agree with me=must try and discredit them to make myself look correct/better=call them a fanboi

anyway, onto business...

i'm 7 seasons in and i haven't experienced your contract problem. can't say i've seen too many people going for free, no more than in real life.

cards and og's seem ok to me and the other active leagues. i actually think set piece's are pretty ineffective besides the scoring cb's thing, which is pretty annoying, i'll give you that.

Who says he doesn't agree with me? I was passing comment on his post not his argument. The tongue in my cheek was far too subtle, obviously.

SI, an IQ test on registration? just an idea.

Less of the handbags please ladies. rant2.gif

Wtf are you on pal??

I made a post about my experiences in the game with concearn to the OP and Im a fanboi???

The game has problems which I admited in my post but we've seen enough of these threads now,,,, OK we get it!! the game isn't perfect.... But it's the best we got, so if you can't be constructive and post how you would fix the issues you have with the game, take your drugs elswhere man.

Wtf are you on pal??

I made a post about my experiences in the game with concearn to the OP and Im a fanboi???

The game has problems which I admited in my post but we've seen enough of these threads now,,,, OK we get it!! the game isn't perfect.... But it's the best we got, so if you can't be constructive and post how you would fix the issues you have with the game, take your drugs elswhere man.

The reason I called you a fanboi was because of your post, nothing to do with the game. The new patch has fixed many of the issues I had with my game but i don't just dismiss those issues because I don't see them any more. Get it now?

Calling you a fanboi was slightly harsh, apologies for that, but the point I was trying (and obviously failing) to make stands.

Cheers.

Past few FMs the defenders have been reaching double figures every season. Usually because of the high amount they score from corners.

I was going to come on the forum and ask about how to go about downloading FM11 but I think I'll wait a little longer. I have read alot of other things that put me off 2.

This game has become a patch 3 purchase for me these days. No point beta testing it for 5 months first.

I've played a few more seasons (I play only 1 league, and I go through seasons quickly), so here's more:

- Loaned out players with option to buy

They always reject when the club tries to buy them. We're talking about reserve team players, low wages, not needed - and they refuse to sign with the club they're on loan with. They come back from loan, I sell them three days later, they have no objections about leaving then apparently. BUG.

- Feeder clubs

Better than 11.1.1 (15 seasons, not one feeder club), but still not correct. Played 13 seasons now, got 2 extra loan feeder clubs and 1 commercial link. I ask all the time about more feeder clubs, boards always gives me the run around - they accept, they tell me they will find a club, and then they report they were unable to find a suitable club. In previous FM games, I never had any trouble getting feeder clubs, now it's a nightmare.

- Best 11 statistic (in your club history)

Completely messed up. In best 11 for a single season, it is correct, it shows the correct formation (4312 for me) - but, when you look at best 11 overall (in club history), it defaults at 442 formation (I use 4312 for 13 seasons), and it even shows in there a player who's played only 9 matches for the club?!

Now two pictures to prove 2 bugs:

Best 11, current season, look at the goals from my defender. Best 11 formation here is correct, no problems with the best 11 here.

FM1121-best11---season-2021-22.jpg

Now watch the best 11 overall - look at the number of goals from my defender (165 goals for a defender, ridiculous!), look at the incorrect formation (442 instead of 4312), and look at the player selected here who's only played 9 matches for me.

FM1121-best11---season-overall.jpg

I only play lower league so I haven't seen problems with contracts or free transfers.

I haven't had an excessive number of red cards, even with more aggressive tackling. An average player on average tactics with an average referee should get an average number of cards. I don't see how else SI can do it.

There are certainly more own goals. Does anyone know how many are scored irl vs game?

The corner thing is a real problem but hardly a game breaker. I hear that it's going to be fixed.

And I'm not a fanboi. In fact I stopped playing weeks ago from boredom and frustration but that had nothing to do with these fairly trivial points.

oops, edit: obviously the manager contract thing is a bad bug.

i have noticed that when my players try to lob the keeper it always hits the bar or gos wide i have not scored a lobbed goal in the new patch, I'm not worried tough my new years resolution is to be more understanding;);)

Personally, never had this issue.

- Free transfers

Computer teams are not protecting their best players with long term contracts. I'm playing French league, and Lille has lost 4 players out of the starting 11 on free transfers in one summer (!). I've gotten several steals on free transfers, including Sergio Aguero. I repeat, I signed Sergio Aguero on a free transfer, what is the chance of that happening in real life?

Again, never knowingly encountered this issue. Had a look around my game currently (season 2017/18) and saw nothing of note.

- Red cards

Worst disciplined teams, about 3-4 of them, still get around 10 red cards every year. Then you have teams with 7-9 red cards. Way too much

Agree with this one. Prior to 11.2.1, never had any issues with cards. In fact was always one least carded teams in my league. But now, with no tactical changes at all, suddenly at the top of the card scoring charts.

- Own goals

Still not fixed. Own goals happen all the time.

I wouldn't say "all the time", but they do seem to happen more often than should be expected. But, it also goes both ways. I think often, goals are called "own goals", whereas in real life they would be called for the shooter. But because they took a deflection, they game does not have the same recognition procedures. Probably impossible for the game to achieve balance in this.

I seriously must be doing something wrong here? Not even come close to this problem. Ever!

- Corners and IFK goals

I'm getting around 15 goals per year on corners (no instruction set on corners in my tactic) and loads more from indirect kicks. In real life, defenders who are the best headers of the ball in the world (like Nemanja Vidic) get only a handful of goals each year. So why am I scoring practically every match like this? My defender (see above) gets 2 goals in a match all the time.

Read above comment. Ditto!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would add, that I find it difficult to believe, that in six seasons, you did not notice what I believe to be the major problem with 11.2.1. The issue with the tactics screen. And tactics not resetting to your saved version, unless you happen to be on a certain screen. And Team Set Piece orders resetting to default with any alteration. It is becoming increasingly frustrating to work with . Yes, not a game breaker, but such a pain in the a**, just such a silly problem. And so easy to fix, but SI does not seem to bothered by it.

If you think your centre backs are scoring a lot from corners, try sticking a centre forward with high jumping/heading/strength attributes on the far post and see what happens! Guillheme Hoarau is well on his way to become an absolute legend in my PSG team, mainly because he scores braces and hat-tricks from corners so often.

I have contemplated changing my corner routine to not take advantage of this exploit, but I would feel kind of stupid. Like trying to mess my corners up, just so that other things appear realistic.

With regards the other stuff, I'm 4 seasons in and quite happy with the game. I haven't tried to get a new job yet so can't really comment on that, but I'm able to enjoy the game, which is a VAST improvement from previous patches!

• 3 weeks later...

I got another one:

- Players wanting a new challenge

I like to sign youngsters, that's how I like to play. I have a lot of players who I brought in when they were 18 years old, and by the time they peak (mid-late 20s) - they all want a new challenge. Every single one, without exception.

IRL, this is the equivalent of a half of Barcelona team demanding a transfer - are Xavi, Iniesta, Puyol or Valdes demanding to leave every chance they get? Of course not.

I'd agree with the OP on two of the problems.

Board offering contract that doesn't meet the minimum wage - Happened to me around season 6, but I manage to get a workaround by going on a holiday for a day. End up getting another 5 years contract at the same amount of $$$.

Players wanting a new challenge - Happened to me too. At season 12, my entire squad seems to want a new challenge. 5 players become unhappy within 2 months time frame and all of them want a new challenge. I say they are just greedy IMO and 2 of them get sorted out after i talked to them. I promised the other 3 that the team will grow and hand out a new contract and problem solved. But it's a problem when 5 players want a new challenge at the same time.

As for goals from corner, I did see my DC scoring a lot around 11.1 but it seems to tone down in 11.2, so I wouldn't say it's a problem.

I wonder, is it just that the default corner settings are too effective? I set mine up properly and have scored what I would say is a realistic number to date

Its getting a bit silly if we have to set up tactics so that they can produce realistic results. It's surely the role of the programmer to develop a game which represents what it aims to represent ie a realistic football manager sim.

Having said that, I haven't noticed anything like that.

With relation to the contracts, it is definatly happening and I have reported it in the bugs forum

I was noticing that in the lower leagues virtually every player on a short term contract was being released - Walsall for example released Jimmy Walker and continued season with 17yr old GK who conceded all the time, Amdy Faye left Leeds etc all these players left regardless of how many games they played for the club and went to lower league teams once released

As a tester I put Rooney on a contract until Jan and United released him even though he was featuring all the time for them, no one else offered him a contract either

On the 48 month transfer thing, something else that annoyed me.

I DID manage to get into financial trouble due to massive wages and these transfers in my 3rd season at Liverpool. At season end when I got all my cash etc, I was still around 10m in the red and was thinking of selling some key players to get cash and wages down. And then the board came in and give me £178m to help with running costs. Not a loan, no clauses just give me all that cash that is far too much for me to need.

I would add, that I find it difficult to believe, that in six seasons, you did not notice what I believe to be the major problem with 11.2.1. The issue with the tactics screen. And tactics not resetting to your saved version, unless you happen to be on a certain screen. And Team Set Piece orders resetting to default with any alteration. It is becoming increasingly frustrating to work with . Yes, not a game breaker, but such a pain in the a**, just such a silly problem. And so easy to fix, but SI does not seem to bothered by it.

This is far and away my #1 problem with 11.2.1 and is totally infuriating. Occasionally and for absolutely no reason the game will just reset all your set piece instructions, both at the player level (ie removing the instruction for someone to stand on the far post for corners) and at the team level (ie randomly wiping the instruction for corners to be delivered to the far post). Entirely too many times my team have gone on an indifferent run of form with corners and FK/IFKs going unscored for a few games, I've checked the appropriate screens and realised that the game has altered my tactics by itself. Then you're faced with the choice of reloading an old save and playing through all the games again while keeping a close eye on the tactics, or just editing them back to the way you want them and living with the fact that you lost or drew a bunch of matches because the game threw a load of your setpiece goals away.

I'm not saying that it is a problem that shouldn't be fixed but the defenders scoring can be toned down by the manager of they choose to. I went from my DCs scoring a total of 24 goals in one season to a total of 11 the next season, just by swapping two of my players in my routine.

The contract problem sounds like a bad one, but luckily I have not encountered it and have signed many contracts without any problems. I hope I'm lucky enough never to encounter this problem.

As soon as Michael Dawson scored a hatrick in one game i knew it was time to stop sending him up for corners. I have no idea how this would be fixed, but it's funny seeing my Centre Back getting a header in when he's surrounded by 6 opposition players.

Otherwise i will agree with everything you've written. The players leaving on free is not cool. Also, it seems to me that AI clubs can get any player to sign a new contract on reduced or same terms, but for us it's impossible! Always a massive hike is demanded.

A major problem i have within the game is the manager merry-go-round. I facepalm everytime i see Shearer getting the Chelsea job, McLeish going to arsenal or Tony Mowbray getting the man city gig. I really wish this was sorted out

Archived