Idea about fan interaction

I wish you could tell fans when a player is refusing to be reasonable with a new contract, i had an ageing striker, who wanted his contract doubled to 160,000 a week and signing on fees of about 9 million, which would make his salary double that of my star players and his signing on fees be worth more than I could sell him for.

He got into his final year of contract and did not want him to go for free so got rid of him for 7mil. Because he was a fan favorite, mainly due to his accomplishments before I took over the club two years ago the fans are outraged by the decision.

This is really frustrating, I have brought the club two league titles and the champions league in the two years and am building for longevity and at the player got two big for his own boots.

Worst thing is he has now left and has accepted a three year contract worth 53,000 a week.

So to get back to the original idea, I wish you could explain in more detail in a press conference reasons for selling a player.

For example

Player is ageing and looking to give some for the younger players some first team experience

Player wanted to break the clubs wage structure

We needed the money to bring in a player of better quality.

Archived