Too many goals/too easy?

Is anyone else finding it rather too easy to rack up crazy amounts of goals a few years down the line? My team have averaged about 4 goals a game since applying the patch 2 and a bit seasons ago. :confused: It's rather killing the fun to be able to stick 8 goals past your title rivals.

A few screenshots:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/4356/35346343.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/8374/85192201.png

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9901/85250013.png

http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7169/63807562.png

Hey Hersie, first of all, well done with your game. I hoped you would give a small insight on how you play your game, like what tactical approach do you have (classic/tc/shouts/singular or multiple) and do you handle all your press conferances/team talks/player interaction?

I am not asking for specifics and mean it more in a gerenal sense. How much detail a manager goes into during games will, of course, make things easier/better - but the question still is if it is hard enough...

Hey Hersie, first of all, well done with your game. I hoped you would give a small insight on how you play your game, like what tactical approach do you have (classic/tc/shouts/singular or multiple) and do you handle all your press conferances/team talks/player interaction?

I am not asking for specifics and mean it more in a gerenal sense. How much detail a manager goes into during games will, of course, make things easier/better - but the question still is if it is hard enough...

Tactical approach is pretty much stick to my one tactic, tweak it during games where neccessary and shout at players when they don't perform. Touchline shouts I almost always use are to work the ball into the box and pressure the opposition, with others depending on the situation.

I've probably done 20 press conferences in 10(?) seasons - mostly after defeats.

How about repeating that in a real league like Brasileirão, Serie A or EPL? La Liga has terrible defenses.

Seriously? :rolleyes:

Could you upload a pkm of one of your bigger wins, especially one in which your goalscorer got a hatful? Would be useful to look through it and see if you've discovered an ME flaw or two.

I can't find a specifically ridiculous game, and I don't think my striker has managed more than 4 in any game. I'm not sure what to upload.

why don't you upload your tactics here?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/mrkri6 :)

That's because he had seasons where he averaged around 6.6's which has dragged it down..

I almost sold him. :o he scored about 2 in his first 20 games.

There isn't an ME flaw, it's just that the game is generally easy if you get the basics right tactically, and you pay attention to player form, morale etc.

I initially found 11.2 harder than 11.1, but then I've just gone and won every single competition possible in my first season as Everton so I'm guessing it's not.

I'm also guessing the game gets even easier when you start poaching the regens.

The only way to make the game harder is to consciously not use certain features in the game to make life difficult for yourself, but that's like having a roast dinner in front of you and just eating the vegetables e.g. I can't do it!

BTW Hershie, just downloaded your tactic there out of sheer curiosity, and it's similar to the one I've been developing to incorporate Ganso as an AMC. Do you find you get success out of him with that Advanced Playmaker role?

(I realise the tactics forum might be best for this question but the last two threads I've started in there have been spectacularly ignored xD)

I've had Pastore there for most of the last 7/8 seasons and he has been largely excellent, although the main threat he's posed is perhaps as a goalscorer rather than as a creator. 20-30 goals a season, bar the last, with assists about the same. 167 goals and 165 assists over 7 seasons (383 appearances).

The MRC is the playmaker in my team, although most assists seem to come from AMR/AML.

I've had Pastore there for most of the last 7/8 seasons and he has been largely excellent, although the main threat he's posed is perhaps as a goalscorer rather than as a creator. 20-30 goals a season, bar the last, with assists about the same. 167 goals and 165 assists over 7 seasons (383 appearances).

The MRC is the playmaker in my team, although most assists seem to come from AMR/AML.

Ahhh right :D Yeah seems to work well, so I've stolen it :p Hope you don't mind!!!

As I say, I had pretty much the same thing, except the two CM's were default midfielders and I had the full-backs on support.

Might experiment with Ganso as a Trequartista in the hole and see how that goes.

For me there are a lot of goals on the new patch yet oddly many CCCs are missed. Strikers are very hot and cold, they'll go on runs of 3 goals per game and then have long goal droughts.

Defenders score a lot from headers from corners/IFKs

Wingers and midfielders score a fair amount

Tactical approach is pretty much stick to my one tactic, tweak it during games where neccessary and shout at players when they don't perform. Touchline shouts I almost always use are to work the ball into the box and pressure the opposition, with others depending on the situation.

I've probably done 20 press conferences in 10(?) seasons - mostly after defeats.

So that means, in other words, that you are not doing anything out of the ordinary to gain such success. Just by the descriptions of your Tactical gameplay it doesn't seem that there is any 'exploit' within your tactical settings, so you can't really point any fingers there - if I understand it correctly then you are basically using the TC, so... I think it is interresting as I haven't played that many seasons as of yet, but did as Tubey where I played an Everton game - and with little effort I did manage to go 20+ games undefeated 1st season. I did use more than one tactic to achieve it, but still if things are like this now with the current squad then the future looks a little too bright.

When you look around the forums some struggle and some vastly overachieve, I am leaning more in your direction as I definately think you have a point...

After a bit of experimenting I've got a feeling that if there's any issue it's to do, somehow, with how the game uses your tactics when you holiday a match. Find I've got a lot of big scores when holidaying games that I'd otherwise probably have not, for instance 8-0s when I'd expect 2-0s, and levels of dominance in the stats that I can't seem to replicate when taking control myself.

Should probably stop holidaying matches so much, but it's something to look at I think.

Archived