Really struggling with FM11

I did play the demo and decided not to buy the game based on poor experiences and lack of enjoyment, but my sister-in-law bought me the game for Christmas so decided to install and give it a go.

I've played for about 5 hours and am thoroughly frustrated with numerous bugs, glitches and UI issues. I was hoping after a couple of patches the game would feel more polished than the Demo, but I can't myself getting into it.

I can forgive the layout being completely different, and I'll get used to that over time, but nearly every screen that I used to be able to get to in two clicks, now takes 3 or 4 clicks. I'm inundated with spam emails in my inbox letting me know that the Chinese u21 team have placed an ad for a new manager etc. (I don't care! and Id on't have any subscriptions enabled)

I've holidayed through two seasons to take charge of a newly promoted team, both times the holiday ended ona different date to the one I specified.

When I mark all my emails as read it shows -54 emails in my inbox.

I keep getting returned to random screens after looking at a screen. For example when adjusting my assistant's responsibilities and clicking confirm I am returned to the profile view of one of my strikers, whereas previously I was looking at my squad selection page.

I asked my board for a parent club, we have a little discussion about why and they agree it would be financial benefical to the club and they'll start the search. A week later they come back saying they don't see any point in making a link at this time.

So before I've even got a chance to see what the match engine is like, the other features that are the most important aspect of this game, I have to go through a really difficult, bug filled UI experience. I have to say I'm disappointed.

I'll stick with it for a bit longer, but get the feeling I'll uncover more annoyances as time goes on and I'll end up falling back to FM09.

Archived