Am I doing something wrong?

The last three games as Spurs, I played Real Madrid, Middlesbrough who are in the championship and sunderland.

Each game has been 0-0 at half time. I lost 3-0 to Real Madrid, 4-0 to Middlesbrough and 3-0 to Sunderland.

What's happening?

Thanks.

My first point of call would be team talks but its possible partly tactical as well.

At the start of the match you are doing well but I would say its a combination of your teamtalks lacking an edge while the opposition get a kick up the arse during the break. They raise their game in the second half scoring the first goal and as you chase the game they pick you off at the back as space opens up.

your half time team talks must be terrible. Another aspect would be the use of your 3 subs per match, either you are using the wrong 1's or at the wrong time. Also as a last resort maybe the fitness of your players needs to be improved.

Would you say it be better to chat to each player individually at half time or a general talk?

At the moment my players differ on morale, all the way from best to worst for some reason.

Really depends on the player.

I always set a general talk and then look for any players whose morale or performance is significantly different to others.

Be mindful of opponents changing tactics too.

Keep an eye on what they've changed and respond accordingly. If an opponent is suddenly becoming effective down the flanks for example, you might want to drop the mentality of your full-backs back to "defend" instead of "automatic", "attack" or "support". Get them to focus on their defensive responsibilities more.

That's just one example, but do pay attention to what your opponent does, so you make any necessary changes yourself.

Other than that, as others have said, think carefully with regards to motivation and half-time team-talks, along with the condition of your players.

Archived