ticket sales down?!!! hmmmm

not too sure why my season ticket sales are "significanlty down" on previous years. i have just had my best year, am unbeaten in the EPL in 46 games and won the fa,cup, league cup and EPL...on top of that brought in C ronaldo so if these things repel fans im confused. or is it just random? in my 6th season now so bit confused after years of growth?

also... asked to have stadium expansion and board agreed but it wasnt alowwed due to residents opposing. can you get around this? or is it simply, your at your max...if so its annoying as im arsenal and havent expandedssnc emirates constructed.

not too sure why my season ticket sales are "significanlty down" on previous years. i have just had my best year, am unbeaten in the EPL in 46 games and won the fa,cup, league cup and EPL...on top of that brought in C ronaldo so if these things repel fans im confused. or is it just random? in my 6th season now so bit confused after years of growth?

also... asked to have stadium expansion and board agreed but it wasnt alowwed due to residents opposing. can you get around this? or is it simply, your at your max...if so its annoying as im arsenal and havent expandedssnc emirates constructed.

Dont think Emirate's has any expansion capacity. They had to pick up that site because we weren't allowed to expand highbury. Getting Planning permission in London is pretty impossible.

Unless you work for the Goverment.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johno:

also... asked to have stadium expansion and board agreed but it wasnt alowwed due to residents opposing. can you get around this? or is it simply, your at your max...if so its annoying as im arsenal and havent expandedssnc emirates constructed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have this problem. you're kind of stuffed if your stadium is at it's max, at least until the board decide to build a new stadium. I doubt Arsenal will be doing that any time soon!

Also, how much is sig down? Because, it could be an displaying error and its said sig down when really its only by a few, which is just a random number variation because your basically at the max s.ticket limit for that capacity stadium, so the season ticket level is down.

Other then that... more problems with confidence probably. Like, since you've done amazing, then even better, then match it, but the fans arent really impressed by that anymore so decide to not buy a ticket in protest. Even though you won everything, the fans are less happy with your performances or something.

Just clutching at straws now really lol.

thanks all. it is the final number and around 4000 down if i remember correctly. so is around a 10% drop! it made a point by giving me a news item telling me sales were significantly down. weird really...cos im winning and not losing, all confidence good etc so not too sure

lol petrol prices.... dont care really...having my best season so far (ok will be hard to beat last seasons EPL with no losses but thanks to some guides on here about phycology ive been able to up my teams rating by about 0.5 each!)... so screw the fans. it is the year 2012 so maybe everyone spent their money on goingto the london olympics and not coming to the emirates lol

ST sales could be down as the board may have increased the price a fair bit due to your sucess. As a result not all your fans have wanted to renew/purchase season tickets.

Have a look in your finances and if the season tickets revenue isn't too much lower than the previous season then the price increase could be the reason.

maybe it was deliberate by the board. sell less season tickets and you can have more normal fans at each game paying a lot more for their tickets. so initial revenue will be less but over the course of the season you make more in gate receipts. just an idea because i had something similar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by johno:

thanks all. it is the final number and around 4000 down if i remember correctly. so is around a 10% drop! it made a point by giving me a news item telling me sales were significantly down. weird really...cos im winning and not losing, all confidence good etc so not too sure </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did the board raise the season ticket prices that year after a bumper success year? Or because you presumably forked out 'mega waddage' for Ronaldo?

Other than that, all I can say is its the price you pay for wanting to fill a big stadium. There's only a certain number of hardcore fans, so eventually you'll move from them to the prawn sandwich brigade who are traditionally fairly fickle.

• SI Staff

One of the reasons the season ticket sales have gone down is that now you have achieved so much, it is harder for the team to overachieve and now the fans are therefore less likely to buy season tickets. There is also an issue currently being looked into regarding season tickets.

Archived