Trained in nation

Can someone clarify the home grown rule in the champions league?

I have a young (21 now) player which I brought to my club at 16, he's been on loan at my feeder clubs nearly all that time. Now, I believe he's ready to start playing in the first team but he doesn't count as a player trained at club for 3 years up to 21! Is this right?

Oh ye he's English and i'man English club if that helps.

Actually just checked my squad out and I should have 6 players with 3 or more years at the club at under 21 level but none of them are eligable under this rule. All have been loaned out at some point.

This seems like quite a nasty bug i've found!

they have to spend 3 full seasons at your club/in your country before the age of 21 to qualify for the home-grown rule.

if you loan a player to another club in another country that time will not be counted as time at your club/in your country

they have to spend 3 full seasons at your club/in your country before the age of 21 to qualify for the home-grown rule.

if you loan a player to another club in another country that time will not be counted as time at your club/in your country

What if the loan is in your country?

the rules are clear.

3 years AT YOUR CLUB (no loan) = Home-Grown AT CLUB

3 years IN YOUR COUNTRY = Home-Grown IN NATION

less than 3 years (e.g. loaned to another club in another country) and you get nada, zip, nowt! (except the player gets match experience ;) )

Archived