The fun factor is slowly fading away..

First of all, yes i am going to complain about a few things .. please let go of the pitchforks and let's try to be civilized :thup:

I think we're all in a love-hate relationship when it comes to this game, one day its the greatest game ever made (usually when we're winning ..), the next day it's broken, and bugged, and annoying and bla bla bla... doesn't matter.

But the incredible amount of bad luck that i've been having its what made me come here with all this, i like to think it's just bad luck anyway..

Just a few examples of what is making me want to punch someone:

1. In one of my saves i'm managing Chile and a portuguese team, just a few minutes ago i was playing a friendly match and three of my players got injured. Okay, maybe some of them will be alright, right..? Wrong

Player nº 1: 3 months injured

Player nº 2: 3 months injured

Player nº 3: 7 days inj... no, i'm kidding .. 3 months injured

One is annoying enough but three? Come on now..

2. Second game of the season, one of my central defenders got the red card. It happens, no big deal.

Third game of the season, the other first team central defender got another red card, my striker who by know has scored two goals in this match and i'm winning 2 - 0 gets an injury, the other team ties the game but whait .. i get a penalty almost at the end of the game, lucky me ..he missed it...

Click "space" .. and i find out my striker broke his foot and is off for 5 months. Awesome.

3. Friendly match with Chile, 28 shots and 10 .. yes 10 .. clear cut chances and it ends with a 0 - 0.

4. Fed up with all of this, i tell two of my friends to come and play our online save. Making a long story short, an hour later i have 3 disallowed goals in three games.

Real life already does a great job of ****ing me off, games should be fun first and then whatever people want them to be .. it's getting harder and harder to see the fun in this game. It is there, i know it is, but it seems it doesn't want to be found.

Anyway, wether you agree or not, please, don't start with the usual crap, it's just an opinion and this is just a game. :thup:

PS: One thing i would like to see, it's the amount of CCC's being lowered, and the chance of scoring one-on-ones higher.

imo, there are several games/series im playing that im growing tired of, the new releases will usually satisfy me for alittle while, then i'll grow bored as i do with many games.

FM is an example of this, happened with gta, fifa & pes, and several other games. im not saying this is why u are getting bored, bt its why im gettin more bored on a quicker basis on several games. unlike the 3 other games i mentioned, i will continue to buy fm cos i know i can get atleast 100 hours outta every version that are enjoyed, and not tedious

you think that's bad?

Yesterday:

my wife said she was divorcing me because she felt like a "footballing widow"

my teenage daughter told me she was pregnant but she wasn't sure which of the local 7 ruffians was the father (she's still at school)

my son told me he was gay and his best friend Ronnie was really his boyfriend AND he's a taker not a giver

the turkey was still frozen even after being left out to defrost for a week

my kettle blew up and I've had to go and buy a new one today

and then, to make my Christmas complete...

my FM game decided to give me a crash-dump 2 days before I was due to save it meaning I had to play a full month again!!

you think you've got problems? Ha! want to swap?

Actually I'm feeling quite the opposite. I feel like I can take the game seriously on 11.2 rather than just destroying everyone with my megastar team of awesomeness. I'm actually taking pride in removing the deadwoood at Liverpool and building a young, talented squad. FM is actually engaging to me again for me.

you think that's bad?

Yesterday:

my teenage daughter told me she was pregnant but she wasn't sure which of the local 7 ruffians was the father (she's still at school)

my son told me he was gay and his best friend Ronnie was really his boyfriend AND he's a taker not a giver

my FM game decided to give me a crash-dump 2 days before I was due to save it meaning I had to play a full month again!!

Not funny.

Start of the season, 3 strikers. I bring up 1 from the reserves. 1 month in 3 are injured, bring in 2 on free transfers. 2 months in 5 out so promote a youth player who looks crap but its something. 3rd month, all 7 are out injured with 4 long-term (6 months+). Its a game, I have to remember that.

Lazaru5 - Ask your son if Ronnie has gone anywhere near your daughter, just a thought.

What I found weird for me was the amount of sending offs when setting my team to Hastle Opponents. Now based on the Tactical and Theorems book this simply translates as 'close down' as opposed to get stuck in which is essentially close down and hard tackle. So even though my players were simply closing down they were getting sent off all the time. Strange.

What I found weird for me was the amount of sending offs when setting my team to Hastle Opponents. Now based on the Tactical and Theorems book this simply translates as 'close down' as opposed to get stuck in which is essentially close down and hard tackle. So even though my players were simply closing down they were getting sent off all the time. Strange.

There's way too many straight red cards for nothing tackles early in games. 2011 match engine is just unplayable

imo, there are several games/series im playing that im growing tired of, the new releases will usually satisfy me for alittle while, then i'll grow bored as i do with many games.

FM is an example of this, happened with gta, fifa & pes, and several other games. im not saying this is why u are getting bored, bt its why im gettin more bored on a quicker basis on several games. unlike the 3 other games i mentioned, i will continue to buy fm cos i know i can get atleast 100 hours outta every version that are enjoyed, and not tedious

The problem is that you have too much. Try spending Xmas with just an apple and an orange. I bet FM will seem fantastic after a week

you think that's bad?

Yesterday:

This just CAN'T be real!

3. Friendly match with Chile, 28 shots and 10 .. yes 10 .. clear cut chances and it ends with a 0 - 0.

PS: One thing i would like to see, it's the amount of CCC's being lowered, and the chance of scoring one-on-ones higher.

This :thup:

10.3 had the chances to goal ratios perfect and it felt realistic. Seems like they've gone backwards again and we will have to wait until the final patch for it to be back to where it left off...wait, how does that work?

I don't really care if anybody agrees with me or not as I know it's not realistic at the moment. I've stopped playing until the last patch as I'm sick of the amount of chances missed in some games.

11.2 is unbelievably hard.The transfers are f-up again,i mean ai clubs want double for transfer-listed players,yet they never pay more than face value for yours.The tactic i created and became Serie A winner in my first season with Juve is now useless,i mean petty teams like Nancy,Bari and Brescia just dominate me no matter the instructions or the motivation which btw is fired up and motivated.I have the feeling that after the last update narrow formations are extremely overpowered.I can't score for ****,almost every match i hit woodwork,yet they always score.If the defence is deep they score with longshots,if push-up - through balls.It's just ridiculous.

When luck is on your side, it's great fun. When it's not, I think it's best to take a little break - when this happens to me, I go and play FIFA 11, stick it on amateur, 20 minute halves and play Barca v Accrington Stanley.

To me it's the opposite.

I"m terrible at fifa in online matches but I'm doing more then okay in fm.

This just CAN'T be real!

well, I might have exaggerated a little bit... for example, my son didn't tell me he was a taker but with a mincing walk like he has it's not hard to guess (knowing the facts) and we didn't have a turkey cos I don't like it..

but having to face the Boxing Day sales crowds just to buy a kettle is not recommended!!

and i forgot to add in the fact the my team seem to have been taken over by Sheva on the sly...

here's the Boxing Day match stats:

town_stats.png

the result? We lost 1-0 (I'm a Huddersfield fan)

well, I might have exaggerated a little bit... for example, my son didn't tell me he was a taker but with a mincing walk like he has it's not hard to guess (knowing the facts) and we didn't have a turkey cos I don't like it..

but having to face the Boxing Day sales crowds just to buy a kettle is not recommended!!

and i forgot to add in the fact the my team seem to have been taken over by Sheva on the sly...

here's the Boxing Day match stats:

town_stats.png

the result? We lost 1-0 (I'm a Huddersfield fan)

Dont understand your problem. Them stats and end result happen day in day out in football.

it was meant to be a joke... :)

but actually, it was their on-loan keeper Jake Kean playing a blinder that gave them the result (although their sub striker missed an open goal from 2 foot just a few minutes after coming on). We 'dominated' (as Sheva would say) but couldn't beat their keeper... just like FM is at times ;)

you think that's bad?

Yesterday:

It's your tactics.

I just dont get some of the contradictions in the game .....ie: my team are pants ( prediction end of season, 8th in league of 10 ) came to face the top team ( who are top and running away with the league) everyone saying im gonna get pummeled...... yeah i know this, not fussed either. Draw 2-2 away with them, they pumped me all over the park, we got 2 shots 2 goals, it was backs to walls all game except the two breaks we got (70% 30% to them possession wise) . After the game, its says in the lines of " should have beaten the top team" I just dont get it?

Another one is ....... got a youth player who has one of my star players as his fave personnel.......... ask the star to tutor him and the youngster basically says " do one" Somehow i dont think that would happen in real life.

Dont even start me on the tactics with red cards in the game.........3d game of the season, 1st 25 mins i get my whole back 4 sent off and my tackling was on "SOFT" if i remember rightly there was like 16 yellows in that game too, the refs need sorting in the game, bring back the option to tell the F.A that the ref was rubbish, i liked that even although 9/10 times the board would get grumpy with ya for doing it :D Oh yeah, that brawl fest of a game, i ended up gubbed 11-1, lol :)

There are a few more i think been posted elsewhere, just plain stupid and unrealistic i feel, putting me off this game

1. Injuries happen, and there's no reason why they should be spread out for convenience. What is well-known is that a heavy training schedule focusing on Aerobics and Strength and drastically increase the chance of an injury.

2. Bad luck basically. It happens in football.

3. See above.

4. See above.

Basically, I'm afraid to say that you're complaining about simulating the job of being a football manager, in a game that focuses solely on simulating a football manager...

If you want a "God Mode" straight off the bat without worrying about the problems you have, play as Barcelona or buy FIFA. I know that sounds harsh, but I really don't know what else to tell you!

One more thread about CCC's and people misunderstanding what it means will make me explode, I swear...

I have always said since FM09 that the fun factor is slowly fading for a number of reasons. For me it is too in-depth now and needs to show some fun into the game. Not just stats and more stats but clever ideas to make it fun. I dislike the new layout in FM10 & FM11, I preferred the previous layout and this new one puts me off playing the game. There's a lot of options hidden away and I like to see all the options in one window no keep plowing through different screens to keep finding new ones.

I agree to an extent. To me football is about players, hence why we get the top Clubs as they are with once in a while a team playing above themselves, but by at large it's the quality you have that wins football matches. With FM it seems that you are a Manager that rarely exists in Football now. 20 years ago yes Managers were running the Club from the top to the bottom but these days you will rarely get that. I doubt Alex Ferguson runs half of what he did in the 80's and 90's and certainly Harry Redknapp won't look after as much with Spurs as he did with Bournemouth. Yet with FM every little things seems to have a possible effect on a result.

Example : I started my second season with West Ham and won 2-0 at home v Man United and then went away to Fulham and won 4-1. Morale and confidence should be great but I then go and lose the next 3. Same team and tactic. Why? No idea, that's the thing. Did I say something wrong in a team talk, did I not make the correct comment at a Press conference or should I have worked on my defence during Match Preparation rather than team blend?

There is too little consistency with results. Fine if you are on a bad run obviously something has to change but likewise on a good run why change it if it ain't broke, yet you can win 3 matches wihout conceding a goal and then easily lose the next 3 conceding 10 goals.

I also seem to be penalised for not bothering with Press Conferances. I'm considered a Media Shy Manager who lets his Assistant do his talking and yet I just can't be bothered because it's all so repetitive. An I can't get a good Assistant anyway because the board won't pay the componsation on his contract if I ask to mutually terminate it so I am stuck with him until 2014!!

What would really help if you could install various staff members like a Director of Football and a decent Assistant so you could if so wish just concentrate on Team and Tactics. You could then just say to the Director of Football that you want Player X,Y,Z and off he goes and tries to sign them etc etc.

In a nutshell give options to allow the gamer to be as in depth or as casual as he wishes to be.

Archived