Changing Agents

If only I could figure out how to get my keeper to ditch his agent.

Unfortunately he has one of those agents who both refuses to negotiate and is impatient. He demanded (not ask or request... demanded!) 1,400 quid a week new contract for my goalie (36 year-old from Réunion) who's currently on 250 per week, plus he wanted about 15k agents fees. Umm... I'm AFC Telford... not flippin' AC Milan!

Needless to say, talks broke down and he won't even enter into negotiations now. :(

Now he has six months to run on his contract and needless to say, other clubs are sniffing around. Dearly hoping I can either re-negotiate at some point, or he sees the light and ditches his awful agent. ;)

when players get old and are considering retirement they ditch their agents. sometimes you can get a couple of years out of them before they quit.

young players also switch agents quite a lot. ideal when trying to poach star prospects from other clubs.

as for anything inbetween... the only time i've seen players sack their agents is when they have been unattached for a few months (and also considering quitting the game)

i'd like to think that in the future there will be some scope for improvements with agents. i'm pretty sure that some clubs refuse to deal with certain agents (man utd iirc) and this could play another angle when trying to sign a player.

Archived