contract

my old old old 38yo RB is also a very good coach,

now his contract is running out and i reckon his football days are over and he should only focus on coaching...

fact is i would like to renew his contract ONLY as a coach but allowing him to finish the season as a player-coach...

is there any option to renew his contract only as a coach from the end of his contract but letting him playing till the end of the season as a player-coach?

cos if i renew him now as a coach i will have a RB less bt also im afraid that if i wont renew him till end of season some other team will offer him a contract and i will lose a very competent coach...

SUGGESTIONS?

As far as I know you cant offer a player who has no intention of retiring a purely coaching role. Offer him a player\coach role as underwater sunlight suggests and when he eventually does retire he should continue at your club in the coaching role.

As far as I know you cant offer a player who has no intention of retiring a purely coaching role. Offer him a player\coach role as underwater sunlight suggests and when he eventually does retire he should continue at your club in the coaching role.

i did manage it with a player i had in one of my saves. he hadn't played a lot and was clearly 5th or 6th choice in his position. only 28 as well, but yeah it is uncommon

Archived