At the end of the match players should shake hands not run towards the tunnel

It's a bit like the suggestions for teams to be presented trophies and such and a little "minnie me" manager on the touchline.

The animations and details have kept improving since the 3D ME was introduced, so you never know. Things like this might make it in future releases.

As heathxxx says, I think the 3D system is still in the infant stages. I wouldn't be surprised if this was introduced in the next few years. Not just shaking hands, but going to celebrate with the fans, cup celebrations etc.

Basically, an extension of the goal celebrations as they currently stand.

As heathxxx says, I think the 3D system is still in the infant stages. I wouldn't be surprised if this was introduced in the next few years. Not just shaking hands, but going to celebrate with the fans, cup celebrations etc.

Basically, an extension of the goal celebrations as they currently stand.

Infant stages? It's been in the infant stages for years now, while the world produces 3D epics. They way you say that the new animations will probably be introduced in the next few years, someone would think you were talking about a major revolution... lol...

SI is so archaic in that department that it's not even funny to talk about it.

Let them fix the bugs first though so we can actually play the game without being frustrated all the time.

Infant stages? It's been in the infant stages for years now, while the world produces 3D epics. They way you say that the new animations will probably be introduced in the next few years, someone would think you were talking about a major revolution... lol...

SI is so archaic in that department that it's not even funny to talk about it.

Let them fix the bugs first though so we can actually play the game without being frustrated all the time.

But to be fair, the graphics aren't what's driven this game to the success it's enjoyed over the years. They are indeed a recent edition and therefore still in their infancy with relation to FM.

Personally, I prefer the depth of the game, over the quality of the graphics. Indeed, there's only a few graphically "epic" games where I've felt the gameplay itself is the best facet of the game. Flashy graphics are great and all... but if that's all a game has going for it, it quickly loses my interest.

So whilst games like FIFA Manager might be considered graphically superior by some, they're of no interest to me if the depth and quality of gameplay isn't there. :)

But to be fair, the graphics aren't what's driven this game to the success it's enjoyed over the years. They are indeed a recent edition and therefore still in their infancy with relation to FM.

Personally, I prefer the depth of the game, over the quality of the graphics. Indeed, there's only a few graphically "epic" games where I've felt the gameplay itself is the best facet of the game. Flashy graphics are great and all... but if that's all a game has going for it, it quickly loses my interest.

So whilst games like FIFA Manager might be considered graphically superior by some, they're of no interest to me if the depth and quality of gameplay isn't there. :)

I am so tired of this stupid argument. We are not clueless children, we know that depth is what drives the game.

Why should better graphics mean less depth? Wake up please, this is 2010.

Besides, no one is asking for FIFA quality graphics. But a little better animation, better physics, pitch details and weather effects are not THAT hard to make and would add immensly to the atmosphere.

For God's sake, they haven't even changed the commentary for years, now!

But as I said in my previous posts, fixing the bugs and numerous design problems of the many features should come first.

I am so tired of this stupid argument. We are not clueless children, we know that depth is what drives the game.

Why should better graphics mean less depth? Wake up please, this is 2010.

Besides, no one is asking for FIFA quality graphics. But a little better animation, better physics, pitch details and weather effects are not THAT hard to make and would add immensly to the atmosphere.

For God's sake, they have even't changed the commentary for years, now!

But as I said in my previous posts, fixing the bugs and numerous design problems of the many features should come first.

the more man time spent messing about making the graphics look better the less man time spent on everything else

the more man time spent messing about making the graphics look better the less man time spent on everything else

Possible. But unlikely. You assume that there is a preset, unchanging amount of time and work in general to be distributed and done. That a person responsible for animations and 3d models doing more work will be detrimental to the programming of the match engine. Somehow, I do not think that is the case.

With my new bazzing laptop I am very impressed with the 3D and the fact I can actually see it.

As the OP said I would like the players to be shaking hands at the end as well as the managers and coaches. Also when a player scores he should be mugged and jumped on by his team mates if its a vital goal whilst the 5th in a 5-0 win may well be handshakes all round. Would also like to see the occasional player having a paddy at being subbed, spats between the 2 managers, handball never seems to be in the game, neither does retaking of penalties.

What no crowd violence?!?!?! Or flares being thrown from the crowd? Shout buttons for shouting at the ref might be a good idea. Try and intimidate him too much and the manager may be sent into the stands :)

The 3D environment is excellent but it has the potential to be so much better.

I would have thought the reason the 3D feature isn't FIFA-esque is obvious - the game is data driven and a management simulation, thus keeping down the technical requirements needed to run the game allows the game to store more key data for the management side of the game, as well as allow more consumers to run the product on older PCs.

That's why I say the 3D feature is in its infancy because a few years from now SI will be able to branch out and improve the feature in correlation with current technology. Five years down the line, FM will be able to run a 3D engine similar to FIFA probably, yet people will still moan about the graphics as the actual FIFA will be improved beyond recognition by then and make FM look ancient.

SI can't win, but I have to say I'm very satisfied that the focus is on the game itself rather than what I consider as a nice side addition in 3D rather than a focal point of the game.

What no crowd violence?!?!?! Or flares being thrown from the crowd? Shout buttons for shouting at the ref might be a good idea. Try and intimidate him too much and the manager may be sent into the stands :)

Probably be a bit too contraversal to have crowd violence these day. Add the fact that its nowhere near as common as the 70's and 80's

But there was a game called The Double that was out on zx Spectrum and Commador 64 in mid 80's. I used to play it alot as a kid and was one the best at this time with other classics such as Football Director and the original Football Manager. You would see teams getting fined all the time for crowd trouble. You had to guess the amount of attendance you need for the match so you have enough police. If you got it wrong problems with the crowd could occur.

You play it here http://www.zxspectrum.net/ along with other old football manager games on zx spectrum.

And I just got fined £5000 for crowd trouble!

Archived