A developing nation progressing..

We all know about the new dynamic leagues in effect in FM11, but could one important factor in your League rising up the rankings be the status of your nation?

I'm managing in Brazil (5 years) and our League has fallen down a few notches, despite my Santos team winning the biggest South American club competition every year, the Super Cup every year and appearing in every World Club Cup final, winning one.

The Argentine Premier Division has overtaken us, despite their clubs not being as successfull in winning competitions. I'd summise that the collective performance (similar to European co-efficients) is what's dragging our League down; collectively, the Argentine clubs must be performing better with more wins/draws and collectively progressing further in competitions (but not winning them). I'd therefore imagine that the Brazilian clubs need to progress further in the Copa Libertadores and Copa Sudamericana to make any strides in the League rankings.

One aspect of the dynamic leagues that i'm really interested in, is the ability for a developing nation to progress into a developed nation. This is what i believe will effectively hold Santos back overall. No matter how successfull the Brazilian League becomes, we'll hit a "glass ceiling" because Brazil isn't as developed as the European nations and as such, we won't be able to attract players from European Leagues.

And so the question, has anyone seen their nation move from developing to developed?

Is it even possible? If it's not possible in FM11, then dynamic leagues on a worldwide scale might be a disappointment for some.

I've noticed a similar thing when managing a team in Finland. The league reputation has rised huge amounts, but it seems (yes I checked with FMRTE) that the clubs' reputation is capped to the same level the reputation of the nation or I guess national team is and that number I think is fixed, but I'm not sure. Therefore the whole dynamic league reputation system is kind of pointless since it's not really dynamic at all it seems. :/

Look at it from this point of view, "developing" and "developed" have nothing to do with leagues, because it has to do with a country's GNP. We are just managing an individual club in a nation we aren't producing and materials for export or have nothing to do with the national treasury. Dynamic League Reputation is just that, league reputation, nothing to do with the nation developing.

Look at it from this point of view, "developing" and "developed" have nothing to do with leagues, because it has to do with a country's GNP. We are just managing an individual club in a nation we aren't producing and materials for export or have nothing to do with the national treasury. Dynamic League Reputation is just that, league reputation, nothing to do with the nation developing.

Yes, I agree with this.

That is quite true. Lots of country are considered "developed" but their football is rubbish, and vice-versa.

From my point of view, Dynamic Leagues are "kept in check" by the state of your national country.

A League in Brazil, no matter the quality of the teams, no matter their success, will never be able to attract European players in FM, because the state of the nation, i.e. developing will mean the players aren't interested because the clubs aren't on an equal footing. Brazilian teams might wipe the floor with European teams, but they'll never be able to use the dynamic league system to move ahead of them.

Unless nations can progress from Third World > Developing > Developed, then we'll always see Europe leading, followed by the Americas, Asia and Africa. Unless it changes, the only real benefit of the system is being able to progress a club from Iceland, Ireland, Wales etc to the top of the European leagues and therefore, the World.

If you've ever managed in a developing nation and messed around with a save-game editor you'll notice this. I've edited nations in FM09, FM10 and now FM11 and found that European players are reluctant to move to similar leagues in developing nations, even to better clubs. As soon as you change the nation, they're happy to move.

Archived