Will the 8.0.2 patch allow 7 substitutes to be named in the Premiership as of 2008/09?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MuppetMaestro:

I'm not an expert but I don't think it would be too difficult to change the rules for a league (Is it something that can be changed on an Editor???) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would guess it's pretty easy for SI to do, the only potentially difficult aspect will be making it kick in after a season (so you get 5 subs in the first season, and then 7 from then on). I would guess it's possible that they won't do it for that reason though, it'll be a lot easier to just have 7 subs all the time in the next version. Plus any code for delaying the change will just be wasted as it won't apply to the next version.

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Can't you change it in the editor before starting a new game? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No, you can't edit competitions

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I doubt it, it would probably break saved games or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

perhaps. not being able to test it myself i wouldn't know for sure. but they already did the difference in the amount of home grown players for euro games.

dont knwo if its the same with the current game but the previous game the first year allowed less home grown players than the 2nd and all the following years.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ter:

I doubt it, it would probably break saved games or something </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really can't see any reason for why it would break savegames =/ as the patch would be in effect after the last time you saved. And all the other stuff already happened so it's pretty much ignored =/

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jehanzeb:

When all over Europe we are fighting to reduce fixtures ... here comes a rule increasing it to 39 ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

why would 7 sub increase number of games?

• SI Staff

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really can't see any reason for why it would break savegames =/ as the patch would be in effect after the last time you saved. And all the other stuff already happened so it's pretty much ignored =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it would be weird if your current game was half way through season 2 and suddenly there were an extra two subs.

What would happen when you click on a previous match, would there just be two empty slots, would the game crash?

I don't think there is any code for changes to the English league after a season so that would have to be written as well.

We don't normally implement rule group changes like this until the next game as it has the potential to cause a lot of problems.

I hate this idea of 7 subs, because 5 subs meant you could have 1 forward, defender and midfielder, goalkeeper and the last one would be your joker (usually a second midfielder or a very versitail player)

5 subs was more about tactics, now you can have a player to cover every position on the fieldicon_frown.gif

I mean it's easier for managers but it's for the opposition aswellicon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I really can't see any reason for why it would break savegames =/ as the patch would be in effect after the last time you saved. And all the other stuff already happened so it's pretty much ignored =/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, but it would be weird if your current game was half way through season 2 and suddenly there were an extra two subs.

What would happen when you click on a previous match, would there just be two empty slots, would the game crash?

I don't think there is any code for changes to the English league after a season so that would have to be written as well.

We don't normally implement rule group changes like this until the next game as it has the potential to cause a lot of problems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Isn't this why there's a whole testing team?

1. Create a new peice of code that allows 7 subs to be used in 2008/9.

2. Test it on games saved in the 2008/9 sesaon, amongst other things.

3. If successfull then add it to the patch, if unsuccessfull then go back to step 1 and try again.

4. If after a lot of time and effort you still cant get it to work, then just leave it at 5 subs.

I hope Si at least try and implement the rule change for 2008/9

I think maybe it's a little late now to begin writing new code to implement in the patch. I would imagine that it takes more than just a couple of hours to knock this up and I'm sure that, if the 8.02 patch is delayed, even for a day or two, people will just continue to bitch and whine and ask 'Where's the patch?' in ever increasing tones of urgency and disgust.

Realistically, we won't even notice that the 7 Sub rule is missing until the new season starts IRL, by which time we'll probably all be into that 'eagerly awaiting the next version of FM' mindset. We'll have to slum it for a while until release, but I think I can live with that...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jehanzeb:

When all over Europe we are fighting to reduce fixtures ... here comes a rule increasing it to 39 ! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...and I'd really like to know what this means? Maybe there's a new 'bonus' match being added to the calendar?

dont you just love how the change was only announced yesterday yet there are already calls for it to make the next patch....

Give the coders some chance, they are still trying to get the current patch ready for us as soon as possible (which we shoudl all be thankful and patient for), they will hardly have been given chance to think about how to code any changes, yet alone test them...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I hope Si at least try and implement the rule change for 2008/9 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't think it really matters until next year's version. Particularly as there would be very little time to get it right prior to the usual Feb/March patch.

OK, spoken to a couple of people about it and we're looking into it. No promises though icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's great! Hope it does make it in.

Although on topic, I feel 7 substitues is a bit much, 5 is fine. Like someone mentioned earlier 5 is more about tactics although I guess I can see the point about it being a bit more about luck as well. Plus how often do you need a GK substitute, although guaranteed if you drop your sub GK you'd need him the next game :p

I would just like to echo really what some others have said.

It would be great if this could be added with the next patch, however we could easily live without it. If its to much effort, or it risks breaking certain parts of the game then leave it for next year.

Cheers, and keep up the good work. icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by betterspud:

...and I'd really like to know what this means? Maybe there's a new 'bonus' match being added to the calendar? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Haven't you heard? Apparently the F.A is considering a proposal to have each team play an extra premier league match abroad, I hope it doesn't happen though

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">OK, spoken to a couple of people about it and we're looking into it. No promises though icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thankyou, that's all that I ask.

Plus if doing this looks likely to delay the 8.0.2 patch, than you could always release the patch without the 7 subs update, then release a 8.0.2(beta) patch a couple of weeks later, when the 7 subs update had been properly tested. If SI did this, and put in this much effort to please there loyal customers, then I would personally fully forgive them for the 8.0.1 patch icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James.Clench:

Plus if doing this looks likely to delay the 8.0.2 patch, than you could always release the patch without the 7 subs update, then release a 8.0.2(beta) patch a couple of weeks later, when the 7 subs update had been properly tested. If SI did this, and put in this much effort to please there loyal customers, then I would personally fully forgive them for the 8.0.1 patch icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Moon on a stick..."

OK, spoken to a couple of people about it and we're looking into it. No promises though icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well I for one will be very annoyed if the Patch gets delayed for adding a couple of substitutes in a league I never play in & which doesn't come into play until next season. I presumed the patch was in final testing by this time, but if they start putting this in, it could be weeks more, plus might effect other areas of the game.

icon_eek.gif

England

=======

- Extra time now played in the Final of the Johnstone's Paint Trophy.

- Johnstone's Paint Trophy games now kick off at 1945.

- Added loan restrictions for the Blue Square North and South divisions.

- Removed the rule saying the match will go to a replay for cup replay games.

- Only two games are shown on tv for the first two rounds of the FA Cup.

- Added AFC Bournemouths and Luton Towns 10 point deduction.

- Made sure FC Hayes, Farnborogh and Solihull Moors can play in the FA Cup from the first season.

- Fixed fixture pile up the Blue Square Premier League in April 2012.

- All play-off games are televised for the Championship, League One, League Two and the Blue Square Premier divisions.

- 7 subs allowed for Premiership from 2008/09 season.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amaroq:

icon14.gif to SI.

I'd predicted the news was too close to the release date for you guys to pull it off, so I'll publicly eat my words now.

Anybody got a good recipe for crow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by copperhorse21:

I hear crow works well with haggis too. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that sounded like you were finishing ungface's words

boil em, mash em, stick em in a stew

i hear crow works well with haggis too icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by James.Clench:

Woo Hoo, we got it added!

Here's proof to all those who doubt the power of the forum, and believe that no one listens.

Well they do! and I for one would like to say thankyou for all the hard work that SI have done! icon14.gif

thankyou icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Would I be a total killjoy if I said "This would have been changed whether this forum asked or not"?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Solkarnar:

Im in year 2011 now and my premiere league matches still allow only 5 subs, does anyone has any problem with the 7 subs thingy? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

as has been stated god only knows how many times since the patch was released, the change to number of substitutes will kick in at the start of the next new season in pre-existing save games.

Archived