Team Talks

Lets be honest getting the choice of saying like the same 5 things every game gets very tedious and repetitive.

I think there should be options like this:

Scenario 1: Half-time and one of your players is having a quiet game- "You've got to get yourself into the game more"

Scenario 2: Full-time after gaining a draw/ win against a much higher reputation team- "You're proving why we are in this league." (or something like that!)

Scenario 3: Kick-off and your striker is demoralized due to a goal drought despite playing well- "Keep playing how you're playing, the goals will come."

Also add something like in the private chats with preferred moves. I think you should be able to tell or players "come and collect the ball," or "make runs up the wing." Stuff like that. Anyone else think this??

I agree. I really want to see team talks given a massive overhaul for FM12. Actually I've mentioned it in another thread, I think all versions for the foreseeable future should take existing features and improve/expand them. Team talks are currently shallow, repetitive, and feel too limited, and it's been like this for years. Every game it's basically "for the fans!" yawn...

We definitely need more dynamic individual player talks based on circumstances of their performances and motivation. If a player is playing with confidence and playing well you should have different options to a player playing without confidence/nervously/complacent and not playing well etc.

totally agree! :thup:

If a player is playing nervously, I normally say 'There's no pressure on you tonight/today'. It doesn't seem to have any effect on this version, but did on the others. :(

I cant recall ever having the the option 'There's no pressure on you' at half-time only before the game. Though I think I'm probably wrong. I've had some big games where players that I've never seen being nervous, playing nervously. Though this might be the result of the press conference.

you can say 'no pressure' at half-time if you're subbing the player on, but i don't think you can do it for players who were on in the 1st half.

dynamic team talks are exactly what im on about and when they sort it i think the game will be pretty much sorted all round. (when they kill all the bugs! ;))

I'm on FM10 and you can definitely say 'No Pressure' at half time to players who are already on the pitch. FM11 might be different, i don't know.

The thing about team talks is the current way, though simplistic, it covers the majority of scenarios with generalised options. For the ones you put up, read...

Scenario 1: Disappointed

Scenario 2: Pleased/Delighted

Scenario 3: No Pressure

I do however agree with you that the team talk aspect could be expanded upon, for sure, but the current way does work even if it feels constraining in its simplicity. You don't need context specific team talks and until SI can think up something more complicated then i'm happy with how it is.

If anyone has any ideas how they could revamp team talks then go ahead...

I'm on FM10 and you can definitely say 'No Pressure' at half time to players who are already on the pitch. FM11 might be different, i don't know.

The thing about team talks is the current way, though simplistic, it covers the majority of scenarios with generalised options. For the ones you put up, read...

Scenario 1: Disappointed

Scenario 2: Pleased/Delighted

Scenario 3: No Pressure

I do however agree with you that the team talk aspect could be expanded upon, for sure, but the current way does work even if it feels constraining in its simplicity. You don't need context specific team talks and until SI can think up something more complicated then i'm happy with how it is.

If anyone has any ideas how they could revamp team talks then go ahead...

an obvious one would be "don't get careless" as an individual instruction (especially useful for those players who think they can turn up and win ;) )

others I'd like to see include "nice goal, go and get another!" (for players who have knocked in an especially sweet strike...)

"encourage" team-talk at 0-0/1-1 etc v a bigger team especially if away from home and conversely a "I want to see more from you" v a weaker team at the same score

"earn the shirt!" for fringe players coming in to cover for injuries/suspensions

I could probably go on for ever so I'll stop there for now ;)

Archived