SI why cant i...

why cant i change a strip on the editor from a licenced league well i know you can change it on the editor you can make it bright pink but when i go to the match it does not show up, i know this is due to if the league or the team is licenced, but my real question is why it would harm no one if i changed the kit,

most of the kits are spot on in this years FM but there are a few things i would like to tweak myself but i cant because that league is licenced or the team is, the team in particular i would like to change is Internationale i think there strip looks very dark in real life there is more white in it due to the sponsor and the bold white numbers and the sponsors

please give me a reply Si it is Christmas or anyone of my FM family, all the best anyway if no one replies regards rich74

You are unbelievable

Don't you think that the SI guys might be on holiday like yourself???

If I was you I had have search in the Editor's Forum and you may find what you want there

whats wrong with you there is no need for that, i was not having a go at them i was just asking, why do yo feel the need to make such a aggressive reply

im afraid not i have done quite a bit of research on it and i dont believe there is a way to change a licenced league or teams strip so it shows on the 3d match, i kind of remember one of the Sega guys saying before that its not possible, but i just thought there must be a way round it

I wasnt sure which inter you meant so i just tried it myself with Internacional (Brazil), Inter Milan and West Ham.

I had Internacional and West Ham playing in some truly disgusting hooped pink yellow and green kits -so it is definitely possible to change their kits.

With Inter Milan I was able to change the kits in the editor, and they appear to have been changed on the tactics screen, but when I start a match they are playing in their normal kits.

I presume therefore that with Inter Milan, and some other clubs, we are not allowed to change their kits for legal reasons. I probably wont be able to give you a definitive answer until everyone is back from the holidays next week.

I wasnt sure which inter you meant so i just tried it myself with Internacional (Brazil), Inter Milan and West Ham.

I had Internacional and West Ham playing in some truly disgusting hooped pink yellow and green kits -so it is definitely possible to change their kits.

With Inter Milan I was able to change the kits in the editor, and they appear to have been changed on the tactics screen, but when I start a match they are playing in their normal kits.

I presume therefore that with Inter Milan, and some other clubs, we are not allowed to change their kits for legal reasons. I probably wont be able to give you a definitive answer until everyone is back from the holidays next week.

yes it was inter Milan i had the same thing when i tried, i had it last year with FM 10 benfica were wearing red shorts instead of there white shorts and i could not change it i made the changes on the editor but it would not change when it came to the 3d match, Brock from Sega promised he would sort it out for fm11 and he was a man of his word benfica are now wearing there white shorts, i look forward to next week it will be nice to know the official reason, thank you very much for looking into this:thup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it can be done - I've done something similar myself.

I can't remember the specifics of how I did it, although it was not through the Editor. I had to extract the kits from the graphics.fmf file using the Resource Archiver, change the kit then rearchive and replace the graphics.fmf file with the new version. Hope this gives you something to go on.

Archived