Really Attacking Tactic (3-2-1-1-3)

Ive developed this tactic for my AZ side and managed to score 99 goals in the 34 game league season and win the league. This tactic is not as good at defending as I think could be possible but I find I outscore teams majority of the time. I dont think that it can be used at really low standard football but I've only tested it with my current AZ side. The wide strikers require high pace and ignore team reports saying strikers cannot play in this position. I would be grateful if anybody could help me find improvements or test this out with different teams. Screenshots are below

http://rapidshare.com/files/439009044/AZ_MEGA-ATTACK__AZ__Aug_2014_.tac

http://www.filefront.com/17704046/AZ Mega Attack.tac

Here are a few results :

Genoa 4-0 Europa League

azgenoa.th.png

NAC Breda 4-1 League

aznacresult.th.png

Vitesse 5-1 League

azvitesse.th.png

I often make over 7 clear cut chances a game but sometimes struggle to take full advantage but due to the high number of chances I do score regularly. Pace is essential for winger strikers as if this is not used your team ends up on the end of being dominated for possession and although the defence is solid you struggle to create as many chances.

I've only just signed both them players and didnt have them for the season i scored that many goals, the Vitesse game was at the start of the season I have just begun but I still think 7 clear cut chances in a league game is decent. Also, I am not bragging I am asking for help to develop the tactic and stating how many goals I scored is not bragging, just providing a statistic. I have also only been using the tactic a season so the previous 4 seasons are not really so important. I am also now starting a Blackpool game and do more testing :)

Here is my first result with Blackpool against Sunderland winning 4-2 I also hit the woodwork 5 times and conceded from a corner ( I have not set specific set piece instructions) and a longshot although they did have one good chance.

blackpool42sunderland.th.png

2nd game against Blackburn at home drew 3-3. The first own goal was rather odd and I dont think would happen every game. I think this tactic would be suited to a team with a good defence but I am testing with Blackpool to show its attacking qualities as it is similar to how they play.

blackpool33blackburn.th.png

I would like help specifically on the defending aspect of the tactic and would like help on closing down the opposition full backs without changing my 3 strikers positions. With Blackpool I found the attacking play of the strikers and overlapping of midfielders worked very well and I also defended very well on occassions with limited possession but against the better quality teams that where very attacking towards me such as Arsenal and Man City the defence struggled against the fullbacks pushing forward. When a better side this does not happen as the centre backs are often stronger and either stop the crosses or the AI fullbacks do not push forward as much due to the threat of your attack. I can stop the wingers easily even when a weaker side such as blackpool but when the opposing fullbacks are attacking my centre backs arent strong enough in the air to deal with every cross when a weaker side.

I admit that it is much better suited to a team with strong defenders or you end up conceding too many and once morale drops very low it has a tendancy not to work but i think this tactic is suited better to teams challenging for the title but 7 places above the prediction in a league of 18 teams is respectable.

I test it with TELSTAR dutch second division media prediction: 16

Holiday mode

Finished 9th away results like 0-6 and 0-4 lose

Won 14 draw 7 lose 13

A lot of yellow cards

doing a hoilday test dunt really gi it ago really does it?

• 1 month later...

Archived