Problem With Game

To uninstall a game from Steam, highlight the game (Demo in your case) and right click and 'Delete local content'

The demo doesn't appear on my list of games I would have thought it just went when I installed the proper game? The fact that the demo was running perfectly for me is really confusing me!

Get a program called CCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/

Install that

This will list programs you can uninstall. Then uninstall both the demo and the game.

Using CCleaner clean the Registry.

Now install FM as normal.

I use CCleaner all the time - never a problem with it. I'm an IT guy and a graphic designer + the CCleaner was recommended to me by a Moderator on the Windows Forum.

Get a program called CCleaner - http://www.piriform.com/

Install that

This will list programs you can uninstall. Then uninstall both the demo and the game.

Using CCleaner clean the Registry.

Now install FM as normal.

I use CCleaner all the time - never a problem with it. I'm an IT guy and a graphic designer + the CCleaner was recommended to me by a Moderator on the Windows Forum.

I installed that but CCleaner doesn't list the demo in the list of applications.

Are you sure the Demo is still installed???

Delete any folders in C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Sports Interactive

Including the Sports Interactive folder

No Im not fully sure the demo is installed it was just Miles told me to delete it in a previous post.

I have already tried re-installing the game but I will try this again now.

After you've uninstalled everything possible to do with FM then delete all folders in the Program Files.

Use CCleaner to clean the registry.

Reboot and then reinstall the game.

Unfortunately having just tried these steps the problem hasn't been fixed. Is there anything I could possibly be missing that is resulting in the blanks?

I tried there to install the game without using the Steam way and it worked completely fine. I am not sure why this would fix the unusual problem I was having. I will continue using it this way as its working, I had always liked using Steam until now because the way the patches updated automatically. Thanks again for anyone who offered advice.

Archived