Hat Trick Preference for Penalty?

Just saw something I've never seen before.

Playing as Barcelona, Pique has two goals (from corners). There was a penalty, and even though Messi, who is set as the top penalty taker, is on the pitch, the AI still had Pique, who is not a penalty taker at all, take it. Could be a realistic feature -- thinking that it'd be neat to get him a hattrick -- or just plain weird.

That feature was in FM10 too. I don't like it at all .Could have happaened easily that Pique would need to score like that for you to win CL!! And he would miss. I would like a pop-up box where you could choose will he shoot the penalty or the regular taker.

That feature was in FM10 too. I don't like it at all .Could have happaened easily that Pique would need to score like that for you to win CL!! And he would miss. I would like a pop-up box where you could choose will he shoot the penalty or the regular taker.

Agreed. :thup:

• 1 month later...

I've just experienced a CB on a hattrick in a friendly, steps up to take the pen and misses, funnily enough, he went on to complete his hattrick, but if that was in a competitive match and cost me the game I'd be so annoyed, it needs changing so only players in the penalty takers list take them

I actually quite like this feature. I do think though that there should be a way to say that you want your star striker to take the penalty especially if your in a crucial match and it means the difference between winning the league or a cup final or not.

Maybe a touchline shout could be added saying you want your striker to take the penalty irespective of who is on a hat-trick.

Archived