Returning to the lower leagues

Gday all.

I took Hampton & Richmond Borough to win the Premiership, rule Europe, shatter records, and maintain a healthy bank balance, it was all such good fun. However there isn't a challenge any more, and I wanted to move again to a lower league team and do it all again, an opportunity arose when Hendon FC were without manager. I applied and was rejected, I was curious and tried many times, even made new managers, take over teams, retire the new manager then apply .

Now I assumed this was because they assume with my reputation I'll want too much money, but I would like to be given the opportunity to reject them if they can't offer me enough money, and to tell them that I'm not in it for the money, but rather the challenge, I have enough money.

Is that the reason or is it something else?

Also as a less important aside, when I reached the Championship a new stadium was built, and over the years expanded to it's maximum of 33750, yet naturally as time went by this became quite inadequate for a big successful team, yet there isn't any indication of a willingness to either build a new one or use those hundreds of millions of pounds I've accrued to take the local council aside, bribe them up, knock down some council homes and expand the stadium beyond the 'official' expansion capacity. Is there a preset time to elapse before a new stadium will be considered, or do I need the success to pile up? I think it's been about 5 years since I maxed the stadium out, is more time needed?

Thanks for any advice, and merry Christmas.

Archived