Football Manager Christmas Day/Boxing Day Playing Thread

Since there will obviously be a few Merry Christmas threads floying around the forums, thought I would start one up about FM2011 gaming over this festive period.

Anyone going to be playing this great game over the next couple days ? if that's a Yes then this thread is for you.

So Merry Christmas from Melbourne Australia to you all :)

P.S - on a side note, I ordered a Kansas City Matt Cassel jersey from NFL Shop, Paid for the good delivery, around $36AUS it said 2-4 business days. I then find out via email I should receive it by not later than 21st January 2011, around the 30 day mark. I ordered this Jersy online last Tuesdays just gone, yes I know its Christmas/New year period and it'll arrive a bit later because of it.

The arrival of the Jersey started in Cincinnati Ohio late 22nd December their time around 11:30pm, and since then, it has arrived in Kentucky and most recently in Hawaii around 6 hours ago, it is around 2:35pm Christmas Eve local time there or is that local time in Ohoio, dunno. But I am hoping it atleast leaves for its next part of the journey before Midnight their time, If I look on the world map, the Package has travelled around almost 1/3rd so far, so I got my fingers crossed I may get the jersey before New Years. I doubt it though

I'll be playing as I work through the night so I'll take the double time and also get through a few months over Christmas and Boxing day mornings.

Also Wil good choice of a players Jersey though. Always had a soft spot for Cassell from when he filled in well for Brady at the Patriots a couple of years ago.

I'll be playing as I work through the night so I'll take the double time and also get through a few months over Christmas and Boxing day mornings.

Also Wil good choice of a players Jersey though. Always had a soft spot for Cassell from when he filled in well for Brady at the Patriots a couple of years ago.

Yeah Cassel is good, he played a week after having his appendix out. He's Awesome

Probably I will...

I've just lost my FM2010 journeyman save forever, so I kinda lack motivation to start all over again, possibly on FM11 this time around...

Should I go for another "from rags to riches" career, or just break the ice with 11.2 with a throwaway save at medium-high level?

how good is this ? my jersey left hawaii this morning and is now in Sydney, all set to leave sydney in under an hour of me typing this, Looks like i'll get it this coming week before New Years Day, impressive considering its wih UPS over christmas from America

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope everybody has a great day. I'm in sunny Cyprus, savouring my first Christmas in the sun (yes it does feel a little weird). Done all the good stuff this morning and enjoyed opening my socks and Haribo! The little one has 7 different princess dolls all singing as type this, hence the reason for my escape to the computer!

Maybe one of you guys could help? I'm intrested in starting up a game in the Cypriot league. I've been to watch a few games over here and the standard is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I went to the Limassol derby to watch AEL Vs Apollon Limassol. To say it was a bit hairy would be an understament, but the atmosphere made for a really good game. Would love to have a crack at this on FM and if anybody could either tell me how I could set this up or has a link to somewhere it's already been done I would be most greatful.

Once again, Merry Christmas and happy Football Managing!

Must be weird in australia christmas with no snow

Can hardly imagine it any other way mate. :D

30-35 degree heat, sitting by the pool, cold ham and turkey, prawns, fantastic day.

Except for today, where it drizzled nonstop. Still a solid 25 degrees though, haha.

I'm still playing my long-term save on FM10. My objective right now is to finish a season in Premiership with 38 wins from 38. Never had that with my Man city regen team and I'm in 2032. Gonna have a nice boxing day, watching Premiership games on TV and playing FM all day and night.

The Christmas period has just coincided with probably my most satisfying win on any version of FM.

leaguecupwin1.png

leaguecupwin2.png

The Everton side you start with, first season (except Faubert on loan) and I thump the Middle-Eastlands billionaires 5-0 in the League Cup final!

Merry Christmas to one and all ^^

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope everybody has a great day. I'm in sunny Cyprus, savouring my first Christmas in the sun (yes it does feel a little weird). Done all the good stuff this morning and enjoyed opening my socks and Haribo! The little one has 7 different princess dolls all singing as type this, hence the reason for my escape to the computer!

Maybe one of you guys could help? I'm intrested in starting up a game in the Cypriot league. I've been to watch a few games over here and the standard is not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I went to the Limassol derby to watch AEL Vs Apollon Limassol. To say it was a bit hairy would be an understament, but the atmosphere made for a really good game. Would love to have a crack at this on FM and if anybody could either tell me how I could set this up or has a link to somewhere it's already been done I would be most greatful.

Once again, Merry Christmas and happy Football Managing!

Go into the data editor and add nation rules and leagues for cyprus, save it and load it up at the start.

I was 2 days from saving (29th Nov) and had a crash dump... back to the 1st of November for me :(

(still, I know now that the GK that is unhappy with his training workload is going to whinge when I give him a rocket up his arse for it and can change my response ;) )

edit: only this time he responded with "I admit I've not been good enough" :confused:

In that season, my top striker scored 60 goals in the league. It was insane. Most of the goals were scored from through balls, some free kicks but none from corners or penalties.

Here's the screenshot to prove it. He never scored more than 40-45 goals per season, but in that season he was a lethal beast.

fm2010122616540213.jpg

Also here's a screenshot of Hauck in his prime, when he was 27 years old. I've got him when he was 15 from Dresden and now he's 32 years. He's moving to Real Madrid in January 2032 for 41m euro. I'm sad to loose him, but I've got some hot youngsters comin' through the ranks.

fm2010110522074158.jpg

Archived