Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo in same team. Have anyone here managed to do it ?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Messi is the classier player all round. I think he's one of the best players ever to grace a football field. Better than Pele, better than Maradonna, better than Socrates, better than Dixie Dean.

Messi is simply amazing. No other player is better and no other player can be better.

Messi is the classier player all round. I think he's one of the best players ever to grace a football field. Better than Pele, better than Maradonna, better than Socrates, better than Dixie Dean.

Messi is simply amazing. No other player is better and no other player can be better.

Zidane, Brazilian Ronaldo were better than Messi.

how dare you comparing that midget to those legends? he's just good in spanish football, he wouldn't last 2 weeks in the premier league.

anyone remember holland vs. brazil in 1970, cruyff tackled every single time he had the ball? where was messi against internazionale last season? footballers nowadays tend to spend more time rolling on the ground moaning to the refs... fookin fairies. ie: busquets.

Back to the in game Messi and Ronaldo, I have to say, I prefer Ronaldo. He's a god for me in my Liverpool game, while in my Barca game Messi is merely excellent, though still being head and shoulders above all but one of the players in the game.

Can't compare in real life as I've only ever seen Ronaldo play regularly.

Messi is 10 x the player Cryuff was. Heck 100 x.

It was a different game then - you were allowed to cream players back then. That doesn't happen now. For safety reasons. Makes sense.

When is the last time you saw Messi cream a player??? Where is the last time you saw Messi rolling round the floor like a big girls blouse????

Messi is a million billion times better than anyone ever to grace the field.

WTF has Zindane ever done? He's a muppet!!! :O

Actually - it's very hard to compare stars from different eras. I love Zidane. I think he was amazing. I think Messi is just as good, if not better. I really enjoy Messi's performances because I'm a little young to remember all of Zidane's. Pity really.

But I have huge respect for both players. I just think Messi is a new breed. An awesome talent that can't be reckoned with. Sure he may not show up in big games. But he's not the first. It's hard to be at your best when creamed from every angle and have 2/3 players marking you. But that's football. But when Messi is being Messi, he's brilliant, amazing, eye-watering!!!

Messi is 10 x the player Cryuff was. Heck 100 x.

It was a different game then - you were allowed to cream players back then. That doesn't happen now. For safety reasons. Makes sense.

When is the last time you saw Messi cream a player??? Where is the last time you saw Messi rolling round the floor like a big girls blouse????

Messi is a million billion times better than anyone ever to grace the field.

get a life loser please i love messi problery the best i seen but go away if your slagging off the old greats in 40 years we will have your gran kids and friends saying football in messis time was not as good.

Actually - it's very hard to compare stars from different eras. I love Zidane. I think he was amazing. I think Messi is just as good, if not better. I really enjoy Messi's performances because I'm a little young to remember all of Zidane's. Pity really.

But I have huge respect for both players. I just think Messi is a new breed. An awesome talent that can't be reckoned with. Sure he may not show up in big games. But he's not the first. It's hard to be at your best when creamed from every angle and have 2/3 players marking you. But that's football. But when Messi is being Messi, he's brilliant, amazing, eye-watering!!!

If you're too young to remember Zidane properly then please stop giving an opinion on him, it's embarrassing. I absolutely loved watching Zidane, he was immense for both club(s) and country. Messi hasn't performed very well for Argentina and he's only had a couple outstanding seasons for Barcelona. That's hardly enough to rate him above one of footballs greatest ever player's.

The fact you're comparing a diminuitive dribbler from an Inside Forward position which Messi is to the old fashioned yet effective "number 9" English battering ram like Dixie Dean suggests you're very much out of your depth here.

Socrates was a completely different type of player again. So is Fat Ronaldo. The only valid comparison you can make to Messi is with Maradona.

If you don't rate Zidane there is a doco you should watch that focuses on him for an entire match. It's really an excellent doco, probably the best pure football doco I have seen. It really shows his movement, touch and class very clearly.

It's called Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait.

WARNING: It is purely the match and nothing else and has received fairly poor ratings for its 'conceptial' approach, but that being said it's a must watch for any avid fan of good football.

But I have huge respect for both players. I just think Messi is a new breed. An awesome talent that can't be reckoned with. Sure he may not show up in big games. But he's n

ot the first. It's hard to be at your best when creamed from every angle and have 2/3 players marking you. But that's football. But when Messi is being Messi, he's brilliant, amazing, eye-watering!!!

I was about to answer you pretty harshly, but then I saw your "too young to remember all of Zidane" line and I decided not to.

Zidane and Brzazilian Ronaldo are more accomplished players thatn Messi, so calm down. They have the silverware to prove it, they both survived one of the strongest (surely the dirtiest) league, the Serie A, they had successes in every team they went, even on their national teams. Don't forget that Ronaldo returned to win first scorer of the WC (and the WC) when everyone thought he was finished. Zidane won WC and CL final simply by his superlative genius.

Messi is amazing and has the potential to be just as great, if not better. But he is still not up there with Zidane or Ronaldo, he hasn't survided the test of time yet.

As for the other Ronaldo, he is not up there with Messi. He just tries too hard. He uses too much force when all that's needed is a gentle push.

But both of them should be amazing in an FM game. I have only managed Ronaldo when he was 29 and he was really great. He couldn't score a header though because SI had decided to nurf them for 10.3. :)

Im gonna ignore the obvious troll and answer the OP question.

Messi and Ronaldo together....I did it in FM09....i already had ronaldo at united it took me like 3 seasons to get messi.

Right now in FM10, I am in the process of doing it again. I got ronaldo back from real and from the looks of messi is about a week away from putting in a transfer request cuz he wants to come to united.

I had both players for my all concerquing Arsenal team in FM 09. Together they used to rip teams apart in a 3 man attack, headed by Robin Van Persie, with Messi on the right and Ronaldo on the left each cutting in from wide positions. At it's best it was breath taking football and I loved watching the games. I've never since been close to replicating that sort of football I had, but then again I've never had them sort of players all in the same side.

As for the guy who says Messi is better than Zidane/Ronaldo (Brazillian) etc.....

If you want to look at technique, then Zidane was streaks ahead of Messi. Look at his goal in the CL final against Leverkusen, simply breathtaking tekkers! Without Zidane, France would not won the World Cup in 98. He made a very good team a great team.

Ronaldo in his hay day was simply the ultimate complete forward. Go on You Tube and type in his name. I could watch the lad all day he was that good. He could dribble, he could head, he was capable of scoring 30 yarders or simple tap ins. His touch was first class and he was so strong and powerful. The only thing IMO that stopped him becoming the greatest player of all time (including Maradona, Pele, Best, Cryuff etc) is the fact that he had two VERY serious injuries during his career. He is the all time top goalscorer in World Cup history and has proven himself in Holland, Spain, Italy and Brazil. Bobby Robson described him as the best player he's ever worked with! He's played for some of the greatest clubs in the world, Barca, R. Madrid, Inter, PSV. My lasting memory of him was a hat-trick he scored at Old Trafford in the CL, think it was Beckhams last ever European game for United? Check that game out for what I'm talking about. The Old Trafford faithful were up on their feet applauding him when he scored his 3rd goal. You can't deny class!

Ronaldo has played in the 2 best leagues in the world and smashed them both. He scores for fun in both, he's put up with the rough and tumble of the prem (eventually) and hes graced Spain with his skills and power. Messi, although sensational in spain, has yet to prove it around the world constantly, but i dont think he ever will leave and why should he. He is as Wenger put it, a playstation footballer. The things he does with that football are out of this world. Having both of them in one team would be crazy. Imagine Iniesta and Xavi feeding Messi and Ronaldo down the wings to the instinctive David Villa in front of 92000 Catalans....im off to FM Editor!!!

A very sweeping statement! When Messi ends his career and he has won a world cup or two, pretty much single handedly or at least been a top player in one, then you can compare him to the greats, until then he is just a quality player with his whole career ahead of him.

On topic - Nope, not that I haven't tried.

We should probably stay on topic here. All I would say is that the person who made reference to Messi rolling around is waaaay off track. The guy doesn't dive, rarely falls over, is pretty hard to knock off the ball. Perhaps that is why he scores so many goals.

Nope, never managed to sign Messi and/or Ronaldo for Gillingham/Crawley/other crappy teams that I manage.

zidane has won everything messi has and then some refering to the World cup. eugene you just made an absolute clown our of yourself and now your claiming you were " winding people up" you werent you were just out of your depth in every way possible.

and to OP on 2010 at Manchester City yes i had both with aguero aswell ;)

Messi is only 24 - comparing him to players that played into their mid 30's is not fair.

Messi is pure class though. I rate him above CR7 any day. But that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong CR7 is brilliant, but I just don't like his on-the-field-antics; but that's personal nothing to do with quality. I think CR7 is a better striker of the ball definitely.

I just love Messi. Better than Zidane??? Probably impossible to compare. How would Messi have rated in the games back then with hard tackling, etc. How would Zidane compare now in games where if you touch a player it's a free kick?

I remember watching a game where Ronaldo was playing (Brazilian fellla) and at half time in a World Cup semi-final they were losing 1-0 at half time. And Ronaldo was laughing with his arm around the ref walking off the pitch at half time. The 2nd half came along and he was a one man footballing team and they went on to win the game 3-1 (I think).

Some players have just got quality. Zidane, Ronaldo(s), Messi, Dixie Dean, Roy Keane, Ronaldinho, Socrates, Pele, etc. All Legends All marvelous players in their own right. I find it very hard to compare these players against one another especially when their individual talents on the pitch differ so much, i.e., scoring, breaking up play, playmakers, scorers, unbelievable skills.

And yeh I did have Ronaldo and Messi in the same game! It was awesome.

I'll see if I still have my savegame and I'll try upload it.

If you don't rate Zidane there is a doco you should watch that focuses on him for an entire match. It's really an excellent doco, probably the best pure football doco I have seen. It really shows his movement, touch and class very clearly.

It's called Zidane: A 21st Century Portrait.

WARNING: It is purely the match and nothing else and has received fairly poor ratings for its 'conceptial' approach, but that being said it's a must watch for any avid fan of good football.

Great soundtrack provided by Mogwai for it as well :)

Messi is only 24 - comparing him to players that played into their mid 30's is not fair.

Messi is pure class though. I rate him above CR7 any day. But that's just my opinion. Don't get me wrong CR7 is brilliant, but I just don't like his on-the-field-antics; but that's personal nothing to do with quality. I think CR7 is a better striker of the ball definitely.

I just love Messi. Better than Zidane??? Probably impossible to compare. How would Messi have rated in the games back then with hard tackling, etc. How would Zidane compare now in games where if you touch a player it's a free kick?

I remember watching a game where Ronaldo was playing (Brazilian fellla) and at half time in a World Cup semi-final they were losing 1-0 at half time. And Ronaldo was laughing with his arm around the ref walking off the pitch at half time. The 2nd half came along and he was a one man footballing team and they went on to win the game 3-1 (I think).

Some players have just got quality. Zidane, Ronaldo(s), Messi, Dixie Dean, Roy Keane, Ronaldinho, Socrates, Pele, etc. All Legends All marvelous players in their own right. I find it very hard to compare these players against one another especially when their individual talents on the pitch differ so much, i.e., scoring, breaking up play, playmakers, scorers, unbelievable skills.

your sad telling people not to compare messi with players in there 30s yet you compare him to ones that don't play anymore how does that work.

what you make it sound like messi and zindane were 30 years apart he was still playing when messi first started.

Messi isn't better than Zidane yet, and I don't think he ever will. Zidane was one-man-army while Messi definitely isn't. He can't perform well without Xavi/Iniesta, as we could see in World Cup, in which I think his performances were mediocre compared to Barcelona's.

I was about to answer you pretty harshly, but then I saw your "too young to remember all of Zidane" line and I decided not to.

Zidane and Brzazilian Ronaldo are more accomplished players thatn Messi, so calm down. They have the silverware to prove it, they both survived one of the strongest (surely the dirtiest) league, the Serie A, they had successes in every team they went, even on their national teams. Don't forget that Ronaldo returned to win first scorer of the WC (and the WC) when everyone thought he was finished. Zidane won WC and CL final simply by his superlative genius.

Messi is amazing and has the potential to be just as great, if not better. But he is still not up there with Zidane or Ronaldo, he hasn't survided the test of time yet.

As for the other Ronaldo, he is not up there with Messi. He just tries too hard. He uses too much force when all that's needed is a gentle push.

But both of them should be amazing in an FM game. I have only managed Ronaldo when he was 29 and he was really great. He couldn't score a header though because SI had decided to nurf them for 10.3. :)

The basic problem CR7 has is his tendency to want people to like him. He so desperatly wants people to acknowledge him as the best footballer around. IMO he is the best attacking footballing in the world but with a very damaging inferiority complex. He is always seeking attention. Its his nature. If you are to rate the two of them, its very easy to be swayed by messi's mesmerising skills and humility and say that messi is the better attacking footballer. The fact is that its easier to like messi cos he goes about is business simply, not craving attention and personal glory and with great humility. But if you were to analyses both players, you would see that what ever messi can do, CR7 can do AND do more. Here's a guy who can dribble you off the pack with ease, can shoot from 30-40 yards, is dangerous aerially, his very strong physically, can score freekicks regularly, can use his two feet with accu

Never. Zidane was a clown in comparison. Ronaldo, pffft - average in comparisson.

Messi has another 10 years - he will be the best player ever. And he will not be outclassed for a century. Fact.

I think you actually find that is an opinion...and it FACT it is your OPINION...yoou must be Gen Y and/or American as your command of the English language is so poor

I think you actually find that is an opinion...and it FACT it is your OPINION...yoou must be Gen Y and/or American as your command of the English language is so poor

Please keep the anti-American sentiments out of here.

It's also pretty ironic, since your post has more than a few errors in it. Pot, meet kettle.

how dare you comparing that midget to those legends? he's just good in spanish football, he wouldn't last 2 weeks in the premier league.

Yes, thats because the defenders in the PL are devoid of skill and use their physicallity to defend against better players; they always hack them. And anyway, Messi wouldnt want to play in the PL. who would, after playing in Barcelona??

Why do some people say Messi wouldnt last 2 mins in the Prem Leauge?

He did quite well against Arsenal not so long ago. If Barca played in the Prem League, I think you can be almost certain they would be top 2 every season like they are in La Liga.

So many of these comparisons are silly.

Zidane, 'The' Ronaldo, current Ronaldo, Cryuff, Baggio, Maradona, Pele etc etc.

They're all different.

It really is just down to personal preference.

No point in comparing old and new. But comparing the current batch of players, I have watched Messi from his debut at Barca and he, for me, is the best player I have ever seen.

Ronaldo (old) was the best Striker I've ever seen by some, though Romario was damn good too.

But as a more generalised footballer, Messi is by far the best I've seen in the game.

Messi's balance is absolutely incredible and you've got to give him credit for that. CR7 should take a look at this video and see what he could do if he stopped rolling around on the floor every time someone goes near his hair.

Really you can't compare absolutely different players. Zidane was probably the greatest midfielder to grace the game, and watching him play is absolutely incredible. I think Messi has the potential to be mentioned in the same breath as the greats but until he performs at international level he can't really, although international performances doesn't define a great - George Best anyone?

On topic, I don't think it should be possible to get both in a team. Unless Real Madrid or Barcelona go backwards, neither is going to let their player go. And really, why would you want to move from arguably the two most talented teams in the world?

Archived