Trouble selling player

Hello all,

Have just purchased fm11 handheld for iphone. Am enjoying the game but is it just me or are any of you finding it really hard to sell players? i have tried offering to clubs at hugely cut prices and everything. I am currently managing Southampton F.C in league 1. Also on a side note our transfer budget is 150k??? We have been taken over by billionaires, and have a huge pot to spend on new players. Please amend these issues in the jan update.

Otherwise a good game, but not worth £6.99

Thanks

Am enjoying the game but is it just me or are any of you finding it really hard to sell players?

Hi marcysaint,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game first off. As for selling players, what kind of percentage of their valuation are you offering players out at? I've personally found that transfer listing, then offering out my players at around 80%-90% of their current value for expensive talent, and around 50% for my poorer backup players, has done a fantastic job at cleaning out my squad over a few weeks. Obviously some players won't attract too many bids due to price/talent issues, so some you may have to go down even lower.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Hi marcysaint,

Glad to hear you're enjoying the game first off. As for selling players, what kind of percentage of their valuation are you offering players out at? I've personally found that transfer listing, then offering out my players at around 80%-90% of their current value for expensive talent, and around 50% for my poorer backup players, has done a fantastic job at cleaning out my squad over a few weeks. Obviously some players won't attract too many bids due to price/talent issues, so some you may have to go down even lower.

Let me know how you get on. Thanks.

Tried this with Coventry, didn't even get a bid for any of my players.

Restarted the game

- offered David Bell (who was valued at £1m) for £100k. Nothing.

- offered Michael Doyle (valued at £500k) for £50k. Nothing.

- offered Michael McIndoe (valued at £350k) for £50k. Nothing.

Infuriating.

I've found this game easier than past versions to sell players.

Usually I transfer list the player, then offer him to clubs about 50% cut price.

Then normally only one team would come in for them, but gradually by upping their offer you can get them to offer the players' actual price (and sometimes a little bit more).

• SI Staff

Could you possibly indicate the point in the game (date) where you're trying to sell the players and also how your team is performing within the game - this will help me reproduce your current situation and test things properly here.

Archived