Thing you wish you could say but will never be allowed to.

One of my coaches has recommended that my 18 year old reserve centre half starts "playing a more simple passing game". He says he is not willing as he cant see how he would benefit.

At the same time he recommends that my 28 year old best player ever winger "looks for the pass rather than the shot". He embraces it with open arm and states "he will try and work on all aspects of his game in the coming weeks".

Now what i want to say to my 18 year old CH is " NOW LOOK HERE YOU SNOTTY FACED LITTLE T##T. UNTIL YOU CAN PASS THE BALL AS GOOD AS MY 28 YEAR OLD BEST EVER WINGER YOU WILL LEARN TO PLAY A SIMPLE PASSING GAME OR YOU CAN #### OFF. NOW P##S OFF ON TO THE TRAINING GROUND AND PRACTICE A SIMPLE PASSING GAME YOU A##EWIPE. AND GET YOUR HAIR CUT!".

Perhaps man management is not my strong point.

In my Villa game Agbonlahor spent a whole season finding himself one on one with the keeper before blasting straight at the keeper. I spoke to him and said he might want to try calmly passing the ball into the net (or something like that). He then told me he was not sure how it would benefit him at all. You can imagine my fury when the next game saw him blast the ball all over the place except in the net in the next match... -_-

Have thought this myself several times. I had a very similar situation the other night. My coach recommended that I get Clinton Morrison (I'm Wednesday boss) to tutor a 17yr old 'hot prospect' regen. Clinton was delighted to be given the opportunity; I brought the lad into the meeting and basically he told us where to go, as he didn't respect the potential tutor. The meeting ended and then I told the upstart where he could go; straight to the job centre as I immediately released him on a free.

I couldn't care less if he is a potential 3* or not, I'm the manager, learn some respect or f off out of the club.

But releasing him on a FREE doesn't do anything? It has no affect to other players. The other youngsters aren't going to turn around do what you say. Releasing him on a free was pointless???

And in fairness if you asked Clinton Morrison to tutor me I'd probably just resign and fall out the door laughing!!!

But releasing him on a FREE doesn't do anything? It has no affect to other players. The other youngsters aren't going to turn around do what you say. Releasing him on a free was pointless???

And in fairness if you asked Clinton Morrison to tutor me I'd probably just resign and fall out the door laughing!!!

Fair points but.. Clinton has been my best player for 2 seasons, topping the clubs scoring charts both years. I have a good relationship with him; it even says this in the players personal screen. Whilst I might agree with you in reality, in the game I couldn't ask more from him. I agree too that my releasing the player has no effect on the other players. I didn't do it for that. I did it because there was nothing I could say to the player to explain my opinion. If the player has no respect for my decisions as a manager then I don't want him in the club. While I am manger it's do it my way, or do it your way somewhere else.

But it has nothing to do with not respecting you or respecting Clinton Morrison. The decision isn't based on respect. This is a computer it's programmed a certain way, it doesn't have morale decision making to appease you. It's simply done by the fact that the player probably has a lot more potential than Clinton Morrison's current ability. It would be like asking a young Salvador Dali to take art lessons from Rolf Harris.

You let a young player go that has 3 star potential simply because they let you know in a roundabout way that they are better than Clinton Morrison. That should have been a tip for you to start playing ihim more in the first team. But instead you sack him?

Absolutely pointless manoeveur on your part. All for what? To show your players you're the boss? But the game doesn't recognise your actions and therefore has no affect on the rest of the team. The game isn't programmed to react to your over the top actions in this regard.

Ive had a few Maradona style rants before storming out of press confrences. "SUCK IT, AND KEEP SUCKING IT"

LOL! :D

I've stormed out of one or two press conferences in the past just because I've been bored of doing them, quickest way to leave. :D

FM11 still has that text box in press conferences doesn't it? I was always tempted to write stuff in it and see what happened in older versions. :D

Apparently my first choice CM at Chelsea (3 times Champions League winners, 7 times Premier League champions and basically biggest club in the world right now) has achieved all he can at the club and wants to move to a bigger club. I'd like a conversation to go like this.

CM: "I've achieved all I can here, and I'd like to move to a bigger club"

Me: "Ok CM, just a few questions, which bigger club do you think you're fit to grace? In fact, who are the bigger clubs in the world?"

CM "I don't know, maybe Barcelona?"

Me: "Barca eh? You mean the team we've beaten consistently in the CL who haven't won it in 6 years? I see. And you think they'll have you do you? A specky little prat who still can't tackle after 6 years of heavy training?"

CM: "Well, maybe not, but I've achieved all I can here"

Me: "Oh really? How many times have you won the Golden Ball? Oh yes, 0. How about midfielder of the year? 0. What about just Chelsea player of the year? 0. Now tell me mate, who do you think needs who more, the greatest team on the planet needing you so that we've got one CM we have to carry through games just because he's from the academy? Or you think maybe you need us a little more? Yeah. I thought so. Now sod off and train with the reserves for a week for p*****g me off."

Apparently my first choice CM at Chelsea (3 times Champions League winners, 7 times Premier League champions and basically biggest club in the world right now) has achieved all he can at the club and wants to move to a bigger club. I'd like a conversation to go like this.

CM: "I've achieved all I can here, and I'd like to move to a bigger club"

Me: "Ok CM, just a few questions, which bigger club do you think you're fit to grace? In fact, who are the bigger clubs in the world?"

CM "I don't know, maybe Barcelona?"

Me: "Barca eh? You mean the team we've beaten consistently in the CL who haven't won it in 6 years? I see. And you think they'll have you do you? A specky little prat who still can't tackle after 6 years of heavy training?"

CM: "Well, maybe not, but I've achieved all I can here"

Me: "Oh really? How many times have you won the Golden Ball? Oh yes, 0. How about midfielder of the year? 0. What about just Chelsea player of the year? 0. Now tell me mate, who do you think needs who more, the greatest team on the planet needing you so that we've got one CM we have to carry through games just because he's from the academy? Or you think maybe you need us a little more? Yeah. I thought so. Now sod off and train with the reserves for a week for p*****g me off."

Haha , FM just makes players seem like complete ****tards

Braken. You are far to mild mannered.;)

Further to others who have mentioned the text box at press conferences. I have been playing 2010 since Feb and until today i didn,t know it was there. Thanks. Does it make any difference to the game what you put in it.

Be assured that in my next press conference i will make Ian Holloway sound like Stephen Fry.

Archived