Work Permits

I'm confused by how they work, if a player has played for a certain amount of time in holland then comes to england with only a few hundred days left to gain nationality then will he get his EU work permit by completing the days in england or another EU country or not?

Specifically i signed Michael Bradley from Monchengladbach, he's 23 and has 49 caps for USA which i would expect was already enough international games for him to be able to play in England? but he also has only 668 days to gain nationality in Holland, so i've sent him out on loan to Genk (Belgium) he seems to be getting games there so why can't i play him for Liverpool? and will i be able to after he completes 668 days in europe? or will i have to send him back to Holland?

In order to play in England, he either needs a EURO nationality, to have played in 75% of the past years A Grade internationals for a top 70 national team, or to be of such high quality that him being there would raise the quality of the league.

He needs to complete the time in Holland to gain Dutch nationality. Although if he has 49 caps of the USA, he should have be alright getting a work permit. Try offering new contracts to see if he will be granted a work permit this time.

Hope this helps

Archived