Attendances

Playing as Brechin City in the Scottish Div 2, my average attendance for the season was 773.

I won the league away to Queen Of The South with 4 games to go. I had 2 more away games, then home to Alloa, then away on the last day of the season.

This means surely that the trpohy presentation would be the home match vs. Alloa, therefore I was expecting a bumber crowd of 1,000+ to join in the party.

But come half time I check the attendace, 489.

Surely this makes no sense, I live just 20 mins walk away from Clyde's home stadium, so whenever there is any big game (i.e the last game of the season a few years back when promotion was a possibility) and I know plenty of people who do the same.

Surely for this match my attendace should have been higher than my average, not lower?

Playing as Brechin City in the Scottish Div 2, my average attendance for the season was 773.

I won the league away to Queen Of The South with 4 games to go. I had 2 more away games, then home to Alloa, then away on the last day of the season.

This means surely that the trpohy presentation would be the home match vs. Alloa, therefore I was expecting a bumber crowd of 1,000+ to join in the party.

But come half time I check the attendace, 489.

Surely this makes no sense, I live just 20 mins walk away from Clyde's home stadium, so whenever there is any big game (i.e the last game of the season a few years back when promotion was a possibility) and I know plenty of people who do the same.

Surely for this match my attendace should have been higher than my average, not lower?

It's quite a strange phenomenom, when moving grounds attendances drop hugely in my opinion too, in a game with Leigh RMI the club was getting sizable attendances for the BSN, we got promoted and moved grounds, anyway I was doing pretty well and a few seasons later we were in league 1 and moved grounds again anyway to the point.

We averaged attendances of 8k all season (when previously in league 2 we were getting full capactiy of 12k) but the end of the season, we had the chance to make the play-offs again, if we won that match we were in on goal difference, anyway played the match, there was 2,000 in attendance and this was against another team competing for the title.

When we got to wembley there was only a dismal 16,000 there, compared to a 40,000 attendance from the league 2 semi-final just 12 months before.

Don't know where all my fans went in that save lol.

Archived