Solid Formation with Great Results

I was having some problems after patch 11.2 but after spending some time to get a better understanding of tactics, touch line shouts and finally following the pre-match advice I get before games I managed to mould my team into a super team. Yes it is Madrid and they are strong, but when you see the results I have got so far you will also step back and start looking at your approach the same way I have. My main problem in my first 3 games was defending. I went to match prep and I set special focus to Defensive positioning.

The results is after 29 games I have only conceeded 6 goals. The next best is barcelona with 23 goals:

real1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The next thing I did was I started to follow the advice in the pre-match meetings. I have 2 formations I interchange between depending on opponent and feedback. 442 seems to be strong against oponents that play 451 and 433 is strong against 442 opponents. My 433 formation is as follows:

real2u.jpg

And my 442 formation is as follows:

real4o.jpg

Hope this will help some new person like myself :)

Fact is mate, you're still Real Madrid. I doubt very much I'd have much success if I transposed that formation for my St Albans City team for the FA Trophy final against Crawley Town. The real test of a formation's success is if it will still work with a team with poor players playing against a team of better players.

I know what you are saying, I started playing about 2 weeks ago so naturally I would not start off with a Blue Square league team while I learn the game. I am building my experience up before taking on such a daunting challenge. Will definately try a lower league team after this Madrid save.

Definitely, I went with Spurs for a few seasons til I thought I'd got a hang of it. Good luck with your Madrid save and particularly if you rope down to the lower echelons in a new save. It's not easy down there! Good challenge though.

Just one thing about the second tactic, i don't think it makes sense to play a deep defensive line with an offside trap on.. i think those settings somehow contradict each other.

Anyway good luck with your save and great to see you are having good results and fun!

Archived