How do you set up your attacking corners?

Hi guys.

I've noticed that a lot of people mention how many goals they score from corners and what a great source of goals corners are. Unfortunately for me I have only scored 1 goal from corners all of this season (with only 4 games left to play). I've tried all sorts of things but to no success. Could anyone suggest a successful corner set up?

Thanks.

I generally try to have two players stay back, one taking the corner, one offering short option, one lurking oursite area, one marking opposition goalkeeper, one attacking far post, one attacking near post, one set to near post flick on and one standing on far post. Corner distribution is set to mixed.

As for individuals in which role, I try to have my biggest player (best jumping, good heading) attacking the far post, strongest player marking the goalkeeper and best header of the ball flicking on at the near post.

I've got my two centre backs on "attack far post" and "stand on far post" with my corners set to "far post". My corner taker has a high corners attribute and my two defenders have very high jumping and good heading. Doing this has given me quite a lot of goals over time.

Edit: Played a game straight after posting this... Won the game 2-0, both goals scored by my CB from corners, Rating 9.2 and MoM :)

If you play 4/4/2...............

GK Auto

RB Stay back if needed

LB stay back if needed

CB Attack near post

CB Attack far post

MR Stay back if needed

ML Stay back if needed (Usually one of the wide players takes the corners so the command is overwritten)

MC Lurk outside area (Try to make this the more defensive CM and hopefully look for one with decent long shots)

MC Attack ball from deep. (EDIT, TY to Heath for pointing out my error, this should read "Go Forward" Not Attack from deep .... My appologies.)

ST Challenge keeper (Keepers make a few errors this way)

ST Attack ball from deep (This should be your ST with best heading ability)

If you only play with one upfront, the extra MC or AMC should take the place of the attack ball from deep ST (Edit; This should read, take the place of the "go forward" MC, Once again, TY Heath).

Set corners too 6 yard box.

Also. in the match prep screen, once your team are fully comfortable with your tactics, check the box for practicing attacking set pieces.

If you are conceding a lot from set pieces, check defending set pieces instead. These two options have really worked for me.

Im in season 5 with West Ham and currently Early-Feb.

We are top by a point from Man City and through to the knock out stages of the champs league.

CB one has 8 goals, all from corners

CB two has 8 goals, all from corners.

DMC has 4 total goals for season so far, a couple of which resulted from lurking outside the area.

My ST who attacks from deep is on 20 from 29(1) apps for the season, not sure how many from corners though.

Heres a screenie of my squad and the goals ratio, the two CB cuys are obvious. WARNING, if you dont wanna see players AVG ratings and goal tally's from season 5, dont look!!!! -) ..................................... http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/4345/goalssofar.jpg

If you want good CB's for scoring goals, ask in the good player forum.

Be careful, there is some kind of problem with set piece tactics right now. When you decide upon your tactic and check all the right boxes, your set piece instructions seem to revert to default whenever your tinker with the tactics.

It happened to me all the time since I first used that set piece tactic creator thingy. Now I set my set pieces up to "6 yard box" via the small drop down menu with the "Players", "Player Instruction" and "Team instruction" options.

Choose team instruction and when the box pops up, choose "Advanced and then at the botom you will see check boxes for your set pieces...... Since I used this method, the set pieces have stopped reverting to default randomly.

I also give players individual instruction on set pieces (Attack and defend) via the player instruction section...... I think the set piece tactic creator thingy is bugged some how.

GL

If you play 4/4/2...............

GK Auto

RB Stay back if needed

LB stay back if needed

CB Attack near post

CB Attack far post

MR Stay back if needed

ML Stay back if needed (Usually one of the wide players takes the corners so the command is overwritten)

MC Lurk outside area (Try to make this the more defensive CM and hopefully look for one with decent long shots)

MC Attack ball from deep.

ST Challenge keeper (Keepers make a few errors this way)

ST Attack ball from deep (This should be your ST with best heading ability)

You can't have two players set to "attack from deep" with the set piece creator.

RB - Stay Back If Needed

DCR - Stand On Far Post (2nd Strongest)

DCL - Attack Far Post (Strongest Header)

LB - Stay Back If Needed

RW - Go Forward

MCR (Defensive) - Lurk Outside Area

MCL - Go Forward

LW - Go Forward

ST (Big Man) - Challenge Keeper

ST (Little Man) - Go Forward

That's assuming your corner takers are your wingers. If not, swap your corner takers with one of the wingers.

All corners aimed to Far Post, inswinging.

Trust me, it's a goal-getter. Your two centre halves will average a goal a game between them. ;)

I don't anymore..

They just get reset all the time so i gave up.. :(

I find if you set it manually without the set piece creator with the players, it doesn't happen. Of course, you have to check you're still aiming your corners to the far post before every game...

Archived