What is best time 2 renew the Contarcts!!!

Generally for the players in the last year of contract, i renew around the starting weeks of December (My logic is based on the fact that if team is performing well the salary demanded will also rise well, which i generally agree to extent after some negotiation. So I save that salary for half the season). However I would like to know from yours experience about whether renewing just after the season start can solve the problem of extorting demand of salary by some player. e.g Stoyan a bulgarian DRLC (DC) at the start of season on $17k asked $87k... I left at till the December, when he finally agreed after long negotiation at $45k. He played 13 games last season and is a wonder kid, & he want $135k which i am not paying even to Nani.

I usually wait till when there is a little over a year left on a contract.

But it does vary with some players. If I have a player who is playing exceptionally well, I may give him a new contract to keep him happy, keep him here, and keep other clubs from sniffing around.

Also I have my assistant renew contracts and he seems to do so every other month lol.

Is your bulgarian defender demanding 135k?

It depends.

If they are older backup players that i still want to keep around, i normally delay the renewal as much as possible since there aren't many clubs interested in signing them and i normally can get away with just offering lower wages when their contract is running out in 6 months or so.

To younger players that only have 1 year left on the contract, i normally renew right after the last game of the season, i'm not 100% sure on this but it seems that when the season update happens, their reputation is updated as well so they want higher wages, doing it before the new season update they won't be so demanding.

• 2 weeks later...
To younger players that only have 1 year left on the contract, i normally renew right after the last game of the season, i'm not 100% sure on this but it seems that when the season update happens, their reputation is updated as well so they want higher wages, doing it before the new season update they won't be so demanding.

can some1 confirm it..

I usually give the first teamers a new contract when my ass-man tells me which players are in the last year of their contracts. Those who can leave, if they're too old don't get a new contract at all and if they do not fit in my first team plans I usually transferlist them for ridicously low prices just to get them off my wagebill.

It depends.

If they are older backup players that i still want to keep around, i normally delay the renewal as much as possible since there aren't many clubs interested in signing them and i normally can get away with just offering lower wages when their contract is running out in 6 months or so.

II can confirm this. My rule of thumb is that the more promising the young player is, the earlier i renew, because the longer I leave it the more he will demand. Thus, once I'm highly confident of securing a promotion, i'lll get those contracts on the table.

I wondered about this the other week. Craig Gordon had a year left on his 30k contract in negotiations he would not drop below 90k and wanted a £3 million release clause I left it and tried again with 8 months left then 6 months and still same thing every time. I was sure I would lose him but with 4 months left I tried against and he wanted less than half and settled for a 43k a contract with no release clause.

I wondered about this the other week. Craig Gordon had a year left on his 30k contract in negotiations he would not drop below 90k and wanted a £3 million release clause I left it and tried again with 8 months left then 6 months and still same thing every time. I was sure I would lose him but with 4 months left I tried against and he wanted less than half and settled for a 43k a contract with no release clause.

Well .. what is craig gordon status in urs save...

I always leave it until they have 6 months left. I tend to sign my players on 5 year deals when they aren't famous. Then they come to my club, become world class, and want 100k+. However, at this point they also love me and the club. So I let it run nearly all the way down, then offer them another 5 year deal.

If they are older players. I leave it until they have a weak left, then offer them a fraction of their contract.

2 questions: 1) I have contract renewals set to be handled by an assistant manager. Still, ALL assistant managers I ever had NEVER bothered renewing any contracts except for key players. Always had to do it myself anyway. Does it mean, if assistant doesn't offer them new contract they are no good, and I shouldn't renew their contracts either?

2) my board and fans are always upset when I don't renew a contract of some lousy good for nothing half-star player from the reserve squad. My reserve squad has its own head coach who is responsible for the team and contracts, so why my personal assistant always tells ME about their contracts? How is the reserve squad contracts my responsibility and why I am being blamed instead of their own head coach?

II can confirm this. My rule of thumb is that the more promising the young player is, the earlier i renew, because the longer I leave it the more he will demand. Thus, once I'm highly confident of securing a promotion, i'lll get those contracts on the table.

In line with this, with really promising youngsters, I usually offer new contract around March 1. Why March 1? Because it's the earliest when you can add one more year, and before the player's reputation rises. To that extent, I also usually add a clause that renews the contract for a year more if the player plays 5 games (the minimum) the last season.

Lock them down!

In line with this, with really promising youngsters, I usually offer new contract around March 1. Why March 1? Because it's the earliest when you can add one more year, and before the player's reputation rises. To that extent, I also usually add a clause that renews the contract for a year more if the player plays 5 games (the minimum) the last season.

Lock them down!

Ah, very nice refinement to my instinct. Cheers!

Archived