A number of managers keep getting sacked on same day

I see this a lot with international managers, they all get sacked the day after a competition ends, or a qualification round ends etc. Unrealistic that it's on the same day, but I can understand why as it's just the game processing that these managers have failed to achieve at the same time.

C'mon guys, it's AI after all. There is bound to be a mechanical feel to it. My guess is, the AI decides at specific points in the season whether the AI manager is performing well enough or if he needs to go, and so all the managers which do not make the cut at that particular point for that particular team get sacked simulataneously.

• SI Staff
I don't think it's that weird. The teams sack tehir managers after a match. It all happens around the same time of the year but usually AI teams give managers a chance before canning them. (Exception: One time Nantes went through 4 managers in 3weeks)

It's more likely to happen after a match which is why there may be a few sackings after a weekends fixtures

yep at times i get 15 - 20 international managers get sacked same day! ! lol very unrealistic

Was that all for minor nations? Noticed that as well.

Was that all for minor nations? Noticed that as well.

I've noticed 3 international managers being sacked in one day. They were all managers of Asian nations. Syria, Yemen and Tajikistan. Didn't bother checking to see if they'd just failed to qualify for a tournament though, which could have been the case.

As for domestic managers, the most I've seen in a day was in the Blue Square Premier, with the bottom two clubs sacking their managers on the same day. Both had been win-less for a while and media reports had been building up the pressure, so both sackings seemed feasible to me.

Probably that "check whether manager gets sacked"-function is called once a week or so. It would slow down the game if the game would check everything everyday. Knowing that, I can live fine with multiple managers being sacked on the same day.

Archived