Need help... or more options

So I purchased a Berbatov to be a backup striker, Neymar is my primary striker. After the transfer goes through Neymar is unhappy because there are too many players in his position. I tell him "you're my first choice, don't worry" and he says that he doesn't believe me... soooo the only option I have left is to just quit the conversation, making him unhappy, telling him that's the way it is, making him unhappy, telling him he'll be transferred, making him happy, but me unhappy... I mean, shouldn't there be another option or simply a trust factor when the coach tells the player something he should believe him, then if I don't follow up on that (as in not playing him) then he should be unhappy...

how many strikers do you have at the club? try selling some of the rubbish ones that will never get near your team, that will sort it out.

the player may not believe you if you dont have a great relationship with him, over time you can rebuild on this and get him to like you.

I have four strikers, but that's not the point. The point is that you're starting a bad relationship with the player, even though you have good intentions. Like I said, I would understand if he doesn't get to play and we have this conversation a few months down the line, but not even giving me an opportunity to prove my promise is kinda difficult.

Archived