Your all time favourite FM save?

What has been your all time favourite FM save? It can be on any version. Please explain why it was/is your favourite!

My favourite would have to be my current FM10 save with St. Albans City, mainly because it is the longest save I have ever played, and I've finally got them to the Premier League in 2024 and competing with the best in England. :cool: It surpasses anything I have achieved on CM or FM before. I'm still hugely enjoying this save and intending to play on for some time yet.

So, how about your favourite save and why is it your favourite?

Hmmm, mine has to be a tie, but they were both on FM10:

Save 1: Chelmsford City

Longest save I ever played, getting them to the Premiership and then winning the Champions League twice, finished up in around 2035, also snapped up a regen striker from Newcastle who became the best England player ever, bar none, broke Rooney's scoring record at the age of 25. Jonathan Hawkins, he was just great. It was a brilliant save, took me a while to get them to the promise land, utilised a lot of ageing players in the lower leagues (Danny Murphy and Rory Delap in midfield, what a combination). Also have to give a mention to Febian Brandy, before Hawkins he was my main man, over 200 goals for Chelmsford city and made a brilliant lower league partnership alongside Marlon Harewood. Had to let him go when I got to the prem as he wanted too much money, but brought him back in his old age, and he became a decent coach for club. Legend.

Save 2: The Globetrotter

Taking in Australia (North Queensland Furys) USA (New England Revolution), South Africa (Kaizer Chiefs), Brazil (Fluminese), England (Preston, Newcastle), Italy (AC Milan). And they were just the clubs. Also managed Nigeria, South Africa, Russia and England. It was a great save, won every continental competition I played in (though it took me a while, especially the Asian CL). Brilliant save for me, just because of the number of clubs I got to manage. Hoping to do a similar thing on FM11 when they sort out the reputation/job offers bug.

Got to be my continental dominance game on FM10. I managed Auckland City, Wellington Phoenix, America(MEX), Real Madrid, Botafogo, Velez, Hull City, Kaizer Chiefs, Seattle, Ismaily and Stoke City. I won 6 continental titles and loads of league titles it was great moving from club to club and if the game hadn't of began to run slow I would still be playing now. Like Bracken I am hoping for a similar game but until the job offers thing is sorted I cannot start just yet.

I have to go back a long way. CM01/02. I took Halifax Town from the Conference all the way to being the greatest team ever in the history of football. The save streached 35 years or so, great fun.

Got to be my continental dominance game on FM10. I managed Auckland City, Wellington Phoenix, America(MEX), Real Madrid, Botafogo, Velez, Hull City, Kaizer Chiefs, Seattle, Ismaily and Stoke City. I won 6 continental titles and loads of league titles it was great moving from club to club and if the game hadn't of began to run slow I would still be playing now. Like Bracken I am hoping for a similar game but until the job offers thing is sorted I cannot start just yet.

I thought that would be your favourite AB. :thup:

Shame that the bugged job offers thing is stopping you from doing the same on FM11. :(

Bracken - loving the sound of your first save. I'm desperate to find a great, record-breaking forward like your Jonathan Hawkins in my save.

He really was something to behold. I lost the save when I got a new laptop :( Hopefully I'll get someone nearly as good this year, he's up there as my all time best FM player, alongside Eyal Cnafo, an Israeli regen from FM07, and Matty Thompson, also FM07. They were the heartbeat of my Ipswich side on that game.

Ranked from my most favourite save

FM09 - Real Oviedo (Big Euro challenge - still have that save)

FM08 - career game (Toronto FC -> PSV - save gone)

FM10 - Crazy Canuck on International Managerial Tour - This is the Big One!! - still ongoing :cool:

FM08 - Guandong Rizhiquan (my challenge)

My current career game will hopefully be at the top soon though. :)

CM 01/02 for me, it was also the last version I played before this current one.

I had a magnificent save with Man Utd that lasted something like 35 seasons. I remember having an AMC from Brazil (regen) who was absolute world class and I got him before he was a big name too. He wanted a new challenge when he was 28 or something, I was gutted and had to let him go as in those days players weren't as rational as they are now and simply became "Unhappy with his manager" and that was the point of no return for all players in terms of trying to get them to sign new contracts.

However I'm really liking this FM2011 game after now having learned the ropes, I'm sure the save I'm currently on will be epic in time.

CM 01/02 for me, it was also the last version I played before this current one.

This (well not the last version ive played, ive played them all)

It was the only game where I had a 'long term' save - more than 10 seasons I mean.

I managed to sign michael owen for newcastle (I remember thinking at the time how utterly unrealistic that was!) and Shearer and owen went on to dominate the league for another 5 seasons, by the time michael owen retired, I, with Alan Shearer as my assistant, had made newcastle into the most successful premiership team ever with 19 championship wins. I think I went to somewhere around 2025.

He really was something to behold. I lost the save when I got a new laptop :( Hopefully I'll get someone nearly as good this year, he's up there as my all time best FM player, alongside Eyal Cnafo, an Israeli regen from FM07, and Matty Thompson, also FM07. They were the heartbeat of my Ipswich side on that game.

No screenshots of your best ever player then? :(

Has to be my AFC Telford save in FM10. Although I only made it into the Championship with them, I have so many good memories and achievments from it.

Coming from behind in the to win 2-1 in the League 2 play-off final, with a 122nd min goal from my on loan striker - who bagged 45 goals that season, I then went on to sign him up for £140k the next season and he has officially made the #27 shirt a favourite of mine He was valued £3.2m at 27 and although only really an average striker, stayed in the side. - It was my first season in the division and I held the record for most team goals untill I put the game away in the 2018/2019 season

Signing my first real gem in the conference, sold him to Everton for £500k - a transfer record that went on for many seasons untill my next gem got sold for £3.5m to Inter when I was in the dizzy heights of the CCC.

Of course you cant fail to mention the fact the although Leicester Citys last home game of the current season is at home to Ipswich (IRL) I was adamant that we were away because my Telford side were!!!

Great save, hoping now to recreate and better myself this year! Champions League here I come! Great idea for a thread btw crouchaldinho :thup:

Has to be CM 01/02 with my Bury team, took them to glory more times over and even had the Australian National Job. Got all the way to final only for 4 of my players to retire before the final, great bug that! Harry Kewell, Mark Viduka and I cant remember the others.

I think I eventually got to around 2060 or something like that. The best and greatest game of Champ Man ever!

for me it's FM10 and my Dafuges Challlenge save with Boston United. Taking the team from the Blue Square North to glory in the Premier League and Champions League before thee file corrupted on me. One of the main reasons it's my favourite is the fact I managed to do the Quadruple twice.

Had to be Birmingham on what I think was 01/02 or perhaps a little later. Won the Premier League repeatedly, managed to pick up Juan Pablo Angel for free after Villa released him, took a young Craig Holloway from Arsenal and molded him into England's no. 1 keeper, and held onto Mikael Forssell, and he was worth about £32m. Rivaldo had a final fling in the Premiership with me then became a coach, and I signed Beckham for the hell of it. Good times.

FM06: AC Milan, lead them for 10 years, had 8 Serie A titles (6 consecutively), 5 CL trophies, 4 UEFA Super Cups, 7 Coppa's, and 2 whole seasons undefeated across all competitions. Maldini and Nesta just went on and on for years at the back and were unbeatable most of the time. Good times.

fm10 - my Southampton save. The longest I've ever managed one club and I've become a club legend. Actually took my time to get to the Prem (suffered a few nasty play-off defeats) but ever since we're totally dominated English football. Last season I finally got my first ever Champions League win! I played the music off youtube, held aloft a trophy (it's one i won at poker but meh, same difference!) and literally wept a tear of joy!

Hall Of Fame was guttingly lost when I re-formatted my PC (why oh why do they save it somewhere totally random on the PC!!!!) but I have since made my own, see below.

Southampton - 8 Major Trophies, 4 Minor Trophies, 13 Other Trophies (460 points)

7 x Premier League winners (280 pts)

1 x Champions League winners (80 pts)

3 x FA Cup winners (60 pts)

1 x Europa League winners (40 pts)

1 x UEFA Super Cup (0 pts)

3 x Carling Cup (0 pts)

5 x Community Shield (0 pts)

1 x Football League Championship (0 pts)

1 x Football League One (0 pts)

1 x Johnstone’s Paint Trophy (0 pts)

1 x World Club Cup (0 pts)

Holland - 1 Major Trophy, 1 Minor Trophy (280 points)

1 x World Cup winners (200 pts)

1 x European Championships winners (80 pts)

Total: 9 Major Trophies, 5 Minor Trophies, 13 Other Trophies (27 Trophies) (740 points)

England: 2nd

Continent: 2nd

World-wide: 2nd

you jest ... i did that with 2008, took them to league one then left, worked my way around the big european clubs via england and spanish jobs, then went back to halifax about 2018 game crashed around 2035, biggest longest running game i've had ... up the shaymen playing fc utd on new years day, i'll be there

it has to be my West Ham file on Cm01/02 (they started with carrick and cole, which was nice) after winning the league in my first season then winning everything in my second (i loved the old school 4-3-1-2), my team ended up with raul, cassilas, tsigalko (surely the best striker ever in a cm game?), dalmat, van bommel, mexes, moukoko (the best AMC?) and many others, i went on to win everything possible for the next 5-6 seasons :D .. .. .. .. hmmm ive talked myself into loading 01/02 up, if only i still had that file!

• 2 months later...

I was thinking about starting a new thread like this but thought I might as well 'bump' this one to save me creating something new.

So, let's hear about more of your favourite saves and why they are your favourite. :thup:

This save is almost certainly my favourite of all time. It's my longest save, my best ever achievement and I've got really attached to my regens (in particular, goal machine Michel Vermeer!)

What about you guys? :)

my current save im loving, however i just got offered a new job, went to take it and a contract bug has prevented me taking the job D: im more than happy to wait tho as im really enjoying this save xD

managed 4 clubs and 4 nations so far, and im in 2026

from the top of me head mine has to be fm 08. started unemployed and iirc was given the job at fisher athletic who were in the lowest playable league i had loaded. i was relegated in my first season and with no league loaded underneath i was sacked. oh dear. to my surprise a very underperforming oxford gave me the job in the league above. i stayed with oxford for over 20 seasons eventually getting them to world dominance. i loved that save and have not replicated one like it yet.

fm 2007 took manchester city to 5 time champions league winners and 10 times premier league winners. start off with a poor team at best cripling debts no money to spend even when you do well for years. but being my team i loved it having the best players in the world yet i was still being given peanuts years into that save

FM09 with Parma,winning the serie B the first year and then being in a very tense title-race the following year with an incredibily young team...oh,the joys of a Paloschi-Fleck attack!

Also,FM 11 with Arsenal,winning every single competition in 3 seasons while selling Van Persie,Arshavin,Chamakh,Sagna...

Mine had to be:

Barcelona( FM 2008):

The best possible team in the world, Fabregas Villa all the greats possible, beat Madrid 8-1(yeah that's right), Liverpool 6-0 and Madrid 3-0 in the Champions League final at The Bernabeu, what an amazing save.

Celtic( FM09):

A beauitiful little save where it only lasted 3 seasons and the game crashed never to be played again :(, Pavel Pogrebnyak, Alex, Andres D'Alessandro ftw beat Juventus 3-1 with 10 men thanks to 2 very late goals by Jav Venegoor of Hesselink.

Ajax (FM09):

A similar save except it lasted longer than Celtic, Marquinhos owning everything, some quality little beasties, Rafael Van Der Vaart I remenber for 1.8m, Mahamadou Diarra, Cardozo!!!

Liverpool( FM10):

Wow, what a save , 4 seasons long before FM11 came along: Reina, Silviu lung JR, Adler, Sergio Ramos, Johnson, Vargas, Marcelo, Otamendi, Mexes, Sakho, Pique, Palombo, Fabregas, Sneijder, Gerrard, Defour, Hazard, Kroos, Balotelli, Aguerro, Torres and so much more <3 Won everything as well.

Cardiff( FM10):

Still play it and still has a lot of potential, finally got a good save with the team I Wanted to do so well at, quite ironic I have Bellamy, Darren Bent, Jadson, Jaja, Nolan, Subotic, Emanuelson and a lot more :)

FM11: None so far, although Juventus is coming along nicely so far!

Wales: 2010:

With Ramsey and Collison leading the team I went to The World Cup Semi-Finals after destroying Holland 4-1 and came up against Russia, except the game glitched where it was meant to be in Brazil the game was held at Moskva, bit of a joke and annoyed to be cheated like that so I resigned!

Quite poor in contrast to some on here but:

Celtic on FM10

Got 8 league titles in a row. Signed Gary O'Connor, Jo and Eduardo at different stages. All awesome. Signed an Irish regen from Bolton, Craig Holsgrove, who became a god. Also had some pretty ridicolous deals such as buying Vinny Corluka from Tottenham for 4 million during the summer, then sell him to Chelsea for 10 million in January. Also won numerous cups but European trophies were elsuive during my time at Paradise. The season I really went for it in Europe, I got to the Champions League Semi but got put out by Valencia. That season was my 9th and was the only season I dint win the league, missing out on Goals For :D to Rangers. Still got the file, might go back one day.

One of my saves on FM10 where I won the Champions League with Man U, Europa League with Celtic, led Celtic to the title before leaving for Porto where I revived their season and got to the Europa League final but lost, then I moved to Galatasaray and consistently challenged for the Turkish League title using a lot of youngsters. On the international front I started off at Uruguay bringing them to a respectable position in the World Cup Qualifiers before moving on to Switzerland where I memorably got the World Cup quarter finals before losing a late goal to France (I beat Germany on penalties as well ;) ) Then I went to Sweden and got them to the top 10 in the world rankings.

Have gone back to my Liverpool save on fm11 won.. Premier League, League and FA Cups, Europa League in first season the second season I am on to win everything have already added the Community Shield and European Super Cup as well as a League Cup Final App versus Reading.

This is an Achievement for me lets face it Liverpool are dog dirt

There's one save in FM 2008 where I beat Real Madrid at home in the group stages of the Champions League with TNS and went three seasons unbeaten in the league due to regular European football and all the spending money it gave me.

Otherwise, my saves typically involve taking a BSS/BSN team up about as far as League 1 before it all stabilizes and they finish midtable +/- 3 places for all eternity until I get bored and quit.

Was one on FM08 playing as Middlesbrough where i took them into europe and signed Vittek who was a god and helped me beat Barcelona in the Uefa cup quarter finals before losing to Luzern (?) in the next round..

But overall, the save i regret not keeping the most and definitely the most memorable.. :)

not sure how to post screenshots or anything, but my hampton & richmond file from fm 2009 was class. managed successive promotions to prem and just managed to stay up in my first season...terrified to start a new season cause I don't reckon I could do it again, but will always be a favourite

Had a brilliant broussia dortmund game back in fm 09 had started my save with hearts but left after 4 or 5 seasons having finally won the SPL. Was offered the Dortmund job after they had been relegeted and spent something like 20 seasons with them. Won everything but took the full 20 till I won everything in the 1 season. Loved that save.

In Champ Manager 01/02 with 2010 Season Update

I have been Manager of

Barnsley - 2002 TO 2006

Ipswich Town 2005 TO 2012

Man City 2012 TO 2018

Derby 2018 TO 2020

Liverpool 2020 TO 2022

Having Break 2022 TO 2024

Coventry 2024 TO 2037

Enjoy it

img

My main one on FM2010

Holidayed to 2020.

Took the Liverpool Job in 2021

Won the league 8 seasons on the bounce, with most other competitions being won most seasons. Gave me my favourite team ever, my favourite ever player. Only downside is that they refused to build a stadium that we kinda needed, even when I'd been so financially astute that we could afford one without any loans(And when we got a new rich owner towards the end of my tenure)

Left at the end of my contract in 2029, as the most successful Liverpool boss of all time.

Also was England Boss from 2022(After Psycho retired following a victorious world cup), winning the Euros and the the next WC, though fell at the semi's stage at the 2028 Euro's, and decided to resign.

Took the Brazil job in 2030 after they were knocked out of the WC in the group stages, taking the last group game, and a couple more afterwards before jumping before I was pushed. They just didn't like my style of football!

Took Spurs from relegation zone to 2nd place after joining them late in 2031, and stayed till 2035, when I left in Jan after the board sold one of my players. Every season bar the first I won the league, beating my old Liverpool team(who had continued to win in my absence, and had built a new 110000 seater stadium named after their new manager :( ) several times.

Took over England again in 2034, winning the Euro's in 2036, and then the confederations cup, am still in charge.

Took over West Ham in 2037, who had been a big team when I started, and had been in and around the Euro spots most years, and am currently in 2nd place, with a game in hand.

I'm half tempted to go back to it now actually. I really want to take over Liverpool again and have another spell of dominance, or perhaps go to the Championship and take a real challenge on.

Didn't get far enough in the old CM's because the game would generally conk out; corrupt games, memory errors, db errors etc :D

Had a cracking 2025 game in FM10 with Barcelona where i was relying on youth players only, funny enough not a single top player came through in those years, but plenty of squad fillers.

As I never seem to get past 3 or 4 seasons on the last I don't know many versions then I would have to plump for CM1 right at the begining of it all.

I remember taking over Arsenal (I'm a Spurs fan btw) and trying to save them from relegation in the 3rd maybe 4th season? I failed and then we got relegated again.

I was still at Arsenal in League One and then took them back to the Premiership and onto glory with a 4-2-4 formation.

I don't have many details due to how long ago it was but the career was almost upto 30 seasons in the end.

Back then with text commentary it was all in the imagination, I suppose this is what kept me going and made it fun.

On FM 10 leading Everton to: 9 leagues, 6 champions leagues, 6 fa cups, 2 europa leagues, 3 league cups, 6 world club championships. And playing in Yates park :D Then made the mistake of uninstalling FM 10 when 11 came out was devastated when i found 11 to be unplayable so was back on 10 with Southampton a week later, gutting.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread because I love reading about people's favourite saves.

My St. Albans City one on FM10 is still my favourite of all time. In the year 2030 now. 20 years of management and it is still thrilling. Have put it aside for a while for a break but will definitely come back to it. :cool:

Back in the days when I was using a terrible PC that would crash all the time, I had a save on FM 07 where I got Portsmouth into 5th place (missed out on 4th on last day of the season) in the first season. Was a good game, and was satisfying to do so well when the team was not too special.

Now I'd say my Dartford save where I got to the premier league, but I've also had fun at TNS and Man City.

Have gone back to my Liverpool save on fm11 won.. Premier League, League and FA Cups, Europa League in first season the second season I am on to win everything have already added the Community Shield and European Super Cup as well as a League Cup Final App versus Reading.

This is an Achievement for me lets face it Liverpool are dog dirt

Starting my 4th Season tonight, so far have won..

Premier League (3) 2010-11, 2011-12, 2012-13

FA Cup (3) 2011, 2012, 2013

League Cup (3) 2011, 2012, 2013

Europa League (1) 2011

Champions League (2) 2012, 2013

World Club Championship (1) 2012

Community Shield (2) 2012, 2013

UEFA Super Cup (2) 2012, 2013

Screenshots available

Archived