Scoring from Corners

I restarted my game under the latest patch 11.2.1 plqying as Portsmouth

At the end of Season 1 I finished 5th and top the Goals from Corners table with 16 with my centre back Sonko (on loan) scoring 15 of them. I'm not going to reveal my tactic but I'm wondering you guys maybe doing from corners

In my current save, one of my centre backs is up to 25 goals & we've still got 10 games to go. Most of them are from corners but there are also a lot coming from free kicks near the touch lines.

My leading striker is only on 18, so I may look at switching them around in the set pieces.

Considering you don't know my tactic thats a daft statement. In previous versions there was an exploit but thats been deemed fixed ages ago

Go on share you're tactic, please! I've had a 6ft 4 powerhouse with good jumping, strength and heading stats, scored 3 in 46 games last season and 1 of those was a 25 yard rocket!

If there was a corner bug/exploit I'm fairly certain that this forum would be full of threads about it and the tactic forum would be full of faux tactical geniuses claiming that the way to win is to play for corners.

I'm not sure you can "play" for corners but you can set specific tactics / position / players / corner etc the same as you can for anything else. I'm not claiming to have an exploit, I'm just saying with a particular tactic I seem to have scored a fair few goals from corners and 15/16 being from the same player. I'm simply seeking to see how other people are doing

I'm not sure you can "play" for corners but you can set specific tactics / position / players / corner etc the same as you can for anything else. I'm not claiming to have an exploit, I'm just saying with a particular tactic I seem to have scored a fair few goals from corners and 15/16 being from the same player. I'm simply seeking to see how other people are doing

You get me wrong MrP! I was addressing the guy that claimed it was a bug despite knowing nothing of your set up. And IIRC last year many of the 'tactics' that used the exploit were set up to exploit the wing play that was broken and generally ended in corners.

You get me wrong MrP! I was addressing the guy that claimed it was a bug despite knowing nothing of your set up. And IIRC last year many of the 'tactics' that used the exploit were set up to exploit the wing play that was broken and generally ended in corners.

Oh, my sincere apologies JediSpur - I was too quick to jump <holds head in shame>

Oh, my sincere apologies JediSpur - I was too quick to jump <holds head in shame>

Come one MrP it's the season of giving and good will to all men, share the tactic, i've tried loads of different combinations which have been far from fruitful so far

Come one MrP it's the season of giving and good will to all men, share the tactic, i've tried loads of different combinations which have been far from fruitful so far

LOL but where would the fun be in that. There are no super tactics but perhaps you need to consider how best to maximise set-pieces / headers etc

I just played the first leg of my Championship playoff and won 3-1 with my defender scoring 2 headers

LOL but where would the fun be in that. There are no super tactics but perhaps you need to consider how best to maximise set-pieces / headers etc

I just played the first leg of my Championship playoff and won 3-1 with my defender scoring 2 headers

I've tried and tried trust me! I'm 4 seasons in and still haven't found one that has produced decent enough results.

In the festive spirit share your secret with a Saints fan :D

I find aiming corners at the far post with one defender challenging GK and the other attacking far post results in a lot of goals. Shawcross has 11 goals in 22 games for me this season last year he got 16 in 55. Two of his 11 this season were from free kicks though.

I find aiming corners at the far post with one defender challenging GK and the other attacking far post results in a lot of goals. Shawcross has 11 goals in 22 games for me this season last year he got 16 in 55. Two of his 11 this season were from free kicks though.

This seems to be the most effective tactic at corners, or so I've found, but I like having all my players in certain roles, but corners set to mixed, as I think it's more realistic and means teams wouldn't know what I'd be going for at each corner. Seems to work fairly well too.

Just use the default settings and you can score many goals from corners.

Default settings are attack far post and attack near post for both DCs.

Also player with good corner taking attribute helps a lot.

The only difference from previous patch is: DC at attack near post now contribute to goalscoring.

On rare occasions the corner taker aim at near post and they just head it to goal (not kick it like in FM 2010).

If you just aim far post with your best jumper attacking far post you'll do well :)

Considering you don't know my tactic thats a daft statement. In previous versions there was an exploit but thats been deemed fixed ages ago

I don't find it a daft statement, just by coincidence I also have a centre back who is consistently scoring goals from corners and his heading stats are totally crap!

This. Sanogo scores unrealistic numbers of goals for me from corners. Can't believe SI still haven't fixed this, this was a problem in 10.3.

Fixed what? This is not the same as the 'exploit' in 10. They fixed that with the set piece 'creator'. This is another issue entirely.

Fixed what? This is not the same as the 'exploit' in 10. They fixed that with the set piece 'creator'. This is another issue entirely.

The 'set piece creator' seems to be just another way of repackaging the usual set piece instructions as far as I can see. I had noticed Darren Purse had scored in three consecutive matches from corners, could it be that the legendary corner bug is back (and in time for Xmas too!)?

The 'set piece creator' seems to be just another way of repackaging the usual set piece instructions as far as I can see. I had noticed Darren Purse had scored in three consecutive matches from corners, could it be that the legendary corner bug is back (and in time for Xmas too!)?

Which is why I put 'creator' like that. :rolleyes: Its clearly not a creator, just an 'assigner'. But anyway, what the 'creator' has done is remove last years exploit, so if there is an exploit this year, its a new one.

Only thread I could find but my defender also scores bundles from free-kicks so its not just corners. There is a bug with free-kicks also.

I assume you mean with his head, as apposed to being the freekick taker?

My defender is the same - 13/43 games in first season, 8/34 in the second and 4/15 in the third. Not as many as you - but still more than your average defender?

I assume you mean with his head, as apposed to being the freekick taker?

My defender is the same - 13/43 games in first season, 8/34 in the second and 4/15 in the third. Not as many as you - but still more than your average defender?

All with his nugget mate :) a shinny one too lol

Way more than my average defender yes. He is the one who gets the most headers from set-pieces and scores 8/10.

All with his nugget mate :) a shinny one too lol

Way more than my average defender yes. He is the one who gets the most headers from set-pieces and scores 8/10.

My defende gets a fair few with his feet,where he jumps with the defense and the ball seems to dro at his feet for a tap in.

My defende gets a fair few with his feet,where he jumps with the defense and the ball seems to dro at his feet for a tap in.

This numpty cant score with his feet even though he is technically sound for a defender and good with the ball to his feet, he is rock solid with his head though and cant stop scoring with the shiner as you can see from the screen shot.

Archived