Goalkeeper never get match rating above 6.9

Does anyone else notice that goalkeepers almost never get above 6.9? No matter what formation I use, they always get about 6.9. I've seen them make a few great saves and they still get 6.9. I've seen them be out of position and concede a goal and still get 6.9, Rarely they get 7 or above. I've seen opposition keepers play like superman in goal and save everything but never get good ratings either. It's like the one-on-one thing where all se see is Jesus saves!

Goalkeepers always seem to save like Jesus but do not get match ratings like they are Jesus.

Only thing I can think of is that their goal kicks are being punted up field and oppostion players are intercepting them, so its down to poor complete passing.

It is an odd one. It seems keepers can make 3 or so great saves and still only get 6.9, but if they make no saves whatsoever but are more involved in passing, they'll get 7.5. It is a difficult one. With match ratings there seems to be a threshold of good play which will force the rating up .5, and then little mistakes or flashes of class with change the rating by .1. This can lead to vastly differing ratings outfield, but because most mistakes a keeper makes results in a goal, the most common keeper ratings by for are 6.9, 7.5 and 6. Often a keeper will be sitting on 6.9 all game, but a last minute save or completion of a clean sheet will push them up to 7.5.

I guess if your team is the one dominating most matches, your keeper won't have as much to do in relation to your other players, and therefore will be getting lower ratings. I also guess most players tend to pick teams that are often dominating games, so maybe that's why.

Hmm..My GP got Man Of The Match few times and gets a rating of 7+ most times :\
I guess if your team is the one dominating most matches, your keeper won't have as much to do in relation to your other players, and therefore will be getting lower ratings. I also guess most players tend to pick teams that are often dominating games, so maybe that's why.

I'm managing a team that got from the blue square south to premier league, so I've not picked a team that often dominate. But as I now have a sugar daddy I now dominate games. I've seen opposition GP's (doctor Who can save that shot) or GK's make so many saves but don't get above 7 for a match rating. When my poacher is playing a 6.3 amd is having alot of 1 on 1 shots saved, when he does manage to score he is up to 7.7. It make no sense that keepers are not getting justice for making many saves. You often here from commentators saying that a save is worth a goal!

Archived