Newgens' ethnicity?

I've been getting plenty of African-Scandinavian newgens, probably too many even considering the amount of 2nd/3rd generation immigrates there.

Ditto for Italians, where multiculturalism can't be remotely compared to Scandinavia...

Is there a way to tweak the ethnicity for newgens?

I wish SI gave us the ability to tweak the names and facegens of regens for Countries, regions and subgroups. For example you will get White South Africans who have African names instead of British or Dutch names. Another example is when you have White French regens with the names like Traore or Diop while those are both popular French names they are popular because of African immigrants and there should be some a way of representing that. It hurts the immersion level of long term games when I see discrepancies like this.

I wish SI gave us the ability to tweak the names and facegens of regens for Countries, regions and subgroups. For example you will get White South Africans who have African names instead of British or Dutch names. Another example is when you have White French regens with the names like Traore or Diop while those are both popular French names they are popular because of African immigrants and there should be some a way of representing that. It hurts the immersion level of long term games when I see discrepancies like this.

This is definitely an area where SI could improve IMO.

Do there things really bother people? So long as the names dont end up along the lines of Bigus Dickus I'm really not bothered. I actually just noticed that my current arsenal first choice 11 is entirely 'black' (perhaps that should read non-slightly-off-cream-coloured.) I only mentioned i it because I would never have even noticed it had I not beenlookingfor it because I read this thread.

So many people get names which are non-ethnic specific that I can't see it matters. I am a perfect example of this. My real name is Etienne. Now if any of you saw that name with a nationality of English, most people would call it an error because that name doesn't fit for a White British male, but here I am.

Do there things really bother people? So long as the names dont end up along the lines of Bigus Dickus I'm really not bothered. I actually just noticed that my current arsenal first choice 11 is entirely 'black' (perhaps that should read non-slightly-off-cream-coloured.) I only mentioned i it because I would never have even noticed it had I not beenlookingfor it because I read this thread.

So many people get names which are non-ethnic specific that I can't see it matters. I am a perfect example of this. My real name is Etienne. Now if any of you saw that name with a nationality of English, most people would call it an error because that name doesn't fit for a White British male, but here I am.

Well, I wouldn't say that "bother" us, as much as in-game bugs etc... but nonetheless it sounds/looks odd at times...

I mean, you can be the exception to the rule (whatever the reasons for your name being Etienne), but should you end up in a class/team/office with 100% British people called Laurent, Giovanni, Karl-Heinz and Krzysztof, I would ask myself what was with your parents...

It's not as if we want a KKK-compliant game, but the incidence of, say, Scandinavian black players (even called Björn Johansson or Helgi Sigurðarsson) should be close to 0%... Ditto for the aforementioned "Caucasian French with African name" example.

Immersion and realism are made even by the smallest and apparently insignificant detail...

Ethnically correct names should be a given...

P.S. if every Italian club had at least an African-Italian player, the dreadful "monkey boos" phenomenon would have died down already, wouldn't it? ;)

well I wish they had more names for the Indonesian league...

I have 3 Kurniawan's and every match I'm facing at least another one... plus half the other team also have the same names as my team... it gets confusing :(

Not as bad as Korea in the world cup a few years ago where 6 of the team were called Kim and 3 liu.

• SI Staff

Currently names in the game are mainly only linked to a nationality, hence the issues with certain nations where there are regional or ethnical name pools in real life that really should not mix. We are aware of these issues and are looking to improve this area of the game in the future.

The fact of the matter is that the more detailed we go in modelling of the game, the smaller and more detailed are the little annoyances logged on the forums. Not really game-breaking material but we're still always looking to improve even on these little things.

Archived