Board confidence updates - a bit confused..

My board of directors at Barcelona were happy, or even very happy, don't remember, at last season's sale of Andres Iniesta. Got €25M for him from Chelsea. Not exactly overpriced for such a good player. (I sold because I wanted to make the game more challenging, in my first season the team was a self playing piano)

Now, in my third season, I bought Sergio Agüero for €60M, matching his minimum fee release clause, and I get, "however, the board are slightly disappointed with the signing of Sergio Agüero".

Why? He's a quality player, and we now have four very good strikers in the team, Giuseppe Rossi, David Villa, Bojan and Agüero.

Is there a reasonable explanation for this? I mean they gave me €172M for transfers and I think I spent it relatively wisely (?)

60M for any player is a lot of money. There's no way 60M for aguero can be called money well spent.

To put things into perspective, so you sold iniesta for 25M and bought aguero for 60. Is aguero worth more than double iniesta?

60M for any player is a lot of money. There's no way 60M for aguero can be called money well spent.

To put things into perspective, so you sold iniesta for 25M and bought aguero for 60. Is aguero worth more than double iniesta?

Like I said, I needed the challenge. 1st season was just too easy, so I decided to offload Xavi and Iniesta to make it harder. And everyone knows it's hard to get high fees when you sell, at least compared to what you have to shell out to buy some players.

And to put it in even more perspective, just weeks before the Agüero transfer I also bought Thiago Silva for €68M. They said nothing about this transfer. Surely the Agüero transfer should be considered better for the team?

And finally, if I sold Iniesta at what seems to be a bargain, why would the board of directors be very happy about it? Makes very little sense to me and just seems random.

have you checked the confidence page to see what the fans think?

Aguero has probably played garbage or certainly not to the level one would expect of a 60million signing and that's why the board are 'disappointed'

Fans are fickle, you know? They expect 10 ratings every week from a big money signing, 6's and 7's don't cut the mustard...

Like I said, I needed the challenge. 1st season was just too easy, so I decided to offload Xavi and Iniesta to make it harder.

You could've just not played as (arguably) the best team in the world, surely that would make more sense than starting as barca then ruining them?

Archived