I Just Got the Game - Which Patch?

I'm planning a long term save with Manchester United, Long Term save with a BSS or BSN team, and a journeyman. So, basically, one of everything. Which Patch is the best to use? I figured just get the latest and start the game, but I've had a lot of people complaining about it, so i'm unsure.

Thanks.

I seem to recall reading in one of the threads that a clean install of the game and 11.2.1 means no tactics bug (I'm not able to find the post so I can't confirm that) - however I think the set-pieces bug is still there.

The match engine is better, but still not perfect in 11.2.1 and the database, for the most part, is complete (with a few exceptions e.g. Man U debt). The transfer bug is also 'fixed' in 11.2.1 but again, that depends on what you call fixed.

as for the other issues, it seems that one person gets them and another doesn't... I'm using 11.2.1 and a classic tactic that I never change (but it was an 11.1 on install) and I get the 'Current' tactic recreating itself constantly and that's about it... (aside from the few problems with the ME that cause frustrations but don't make the game 'unplayable').

11.1.1 will mean you will get offered world-class players at bargain basement prices, the same player will be constantly targeted by the opposition causing severe morale problems and the ME isn't as good. There are other things but these were the main bug-bears of people pre-patch so... *shrugs*

I say 11.2.1 and if the Tactics bug isn't there, let us all know :D!!

@Richie_Magpies,

so how was it? after you install a new copy, do the tactics bugs occured?

@Lazarus5,

afterall, how you change the tactics to avoid the bugs?

I don't change tactics...

My classic tactic is one I've used for years, including the throw-in and corner settings and it's the only one I'm using at the moment (the problems with the newer tactics are legion). I can't use 'shouts' so I have to manually change things like tempo/mentalities/passing styles in the tactics screen but I never touch player instructions, ever... and that way when I have gained a 'current' tactic or ten (I still get them :( ) I just load up my classic tactic and then delete the 'current'(s) and my tactics are 'fixed' again.

I can't have any saved team selections though because they all change to the same selection, and that's annoying! (pen and paper always to hand with FM so I'm not completely screwed but still...)

Archived