Bravery - Is it a trainable attribute?

Bravery seems to be one of the most important attributes for a defensive player, and while I've found plenty of amazing Defensive regens in my save, most of them are lacking in Bravery, with some scoring as low as 4-5.

How can I fix this? It does not appear in any training category, and I think I read somewhere that it takes up CA to increase bravery. So, how do I increase it?

Have him watch high school musical 1-3 in 1 day.

that would turn him into a gibbering wreck :|

I think bravery is a natural attribute that will increase over time. I'm not 100% sure but I'd guess at it being related to teamwork, workrate, determination and strength. I'm sure people will correct me if I'm wrong ;)

I had always assumed it could be raised by tutoring, obviously by someone with a higher bravery rating. But I have never conducted any empirical study of that assumption.

I would be reluctant to play a CD or CF with really low bravery (<10). I always target opposition players with low bravery with hard tackling, on the assumption that it knocks them off their game. Again, no hard data.

I think it just improves with experience, and isn't trainable. I think that it may take up CA though (unlike aggression and determination), so if you have a player at their peak ability at 21, but a low bravery, I think unfortunately you won't see it get much better at all.

Also, tutoring has no effect on bravery to my knowledge.

Get the team coach and drive around until you find a house on fire, then send in the least brave players to get the people out. It will make them real men...

Bravery is a mental attribute so it should increase more as the player gets older and older. Players still develop quite a lot until 23 - 25 and mental attributes improve as they get older and older so one day a player may be braver when he has slowed down and no longer runs at lightening pace as he is less likely to injure himself.

Why do you think it is important?

I'm not saying its not, but I've never really looked at it too much.

I have got a defender with 20 bravey (Coda) that I never play because my other players have better heading, positoning etc

Well, it's self-explanatory really. Player with a high Bravery attribute will basically show more readines to dive into tackles. Also, there is a higher chance of him coming out on top in a scuffle for the ball, if tackled hard by an opponent. Imagine a striker running straight towards your goal, and instead of making that all important tackle, your last defender stays on his feet, and disappoints with a weak attempt at getting the ball, thus allowing th striker to get 1-on-1 with the goalie.

Be it a goalie or any outfield player, combined with the right tactical attributes, high bravery is always an advantage.

I had always assumed it could be raised by tutoring, obviously by someone with a higher bravery rating. But I have never conducted any empirical study of that assumption.

I would be reluctant to play a CD or CF with really low bravery (<10). I always target opposition players with low bravery with hard tackling, on the assumption that it knocks them off their game. Again, no hard data.

I've tried getting a youngster tutored by a senior player with 19 in bravery, but all it raised was his determination and maybe other hidden/personality attributes.

BTW, will it help if I ask him to learn the PPM "Dives into tackles"? Maybe it would make him braver?

BTW, will it help if I ask him to learn the PPM "Dives into tackles"? Maybe it would make him braver?

No, I don't think so. He'll just slide in recklessly in the 90th minute and give away silly penalties a lot. Trust me I know, I had 3 of my 4 back line with it as a PPM and I gave them away all the time. They're all unlearning it now.

Its not a specifically trainable attribute but its somethin that may develop as part of defensive training. I'd suggest use of the best defensive cpach you can get. Ultimately though its down to he player's overall quality and type of player e.g. agressive etc

Archived