Need help with HUGE problem!!

OK guys I have a huge problem that is gonna destroy my game if it isn't solved. :(

With the team I'm playing, I can only sign 1 non-EU player per season.

Now I have two non-EU players that are supposed to sign for me, both on 1 July; one of them is really good and I want him DESPERATELY while the other I only signed because he was free and I DID NOT REALIZE he was non-EU. Now when 1 July comes the bad player is signed while the other that I desperately want falls through because of the 1 EU player rule.

Please someone help me and tell me what can I do in order to cancel the other deal and sign the player I really want!

PLEASE HELP!!

Won't you get the option to cancel or delay the transfers on 1 July anyway?

I dont think he can do this as he's already agreed the transfers to go through. Arguably though the in game AI should have realised this and prevented the second so...I'd carry on and see what happens

why should the game prevent you? You are in charge of the club, if you choose to ignore the rules of the country you are managing in, that is your problem not the AI.

in this instance i would suck it up and get on with it, next time you will know to double check for clicking the agree to sign button!!

It's definitely not cheating because the game should either have informed me that I was signing a player that I couldn't or at least given me an option on which one I'd like to sign, instead of making the decision itself for me.

Thanks to all who told me to use the editor to fix this, you are really great help, but I have a slight problem because I never used the editor before and don't really know how. When I change this player's nationality or transfer date (whichever is easier), how do I upload it in game?

It's definitely not cheating because the game should either have informed me that I was signing a player that I couldn't or at least given me an option on which one I'd like to sign, instead of making the decision itself for me.

Thanks to all who told me to use the editor to fix this, you are really great help, but I have a slight problem because I never used the editor before and don't really know how. When I change this player's nationality or transfer date (whichever is easier), how do I upload it in game?

again, why should the game inform you about a law in a country? If you choose to manage there to need to pay attention to the laws, also the game wont let you choose which one to sign, whoever your clicked agree on first will arrive first unless they have to wait until a specific date. Managers dont wait until the day players are due to arrive before deciding who they will actually sign, they took this out of older versions as it was cheating.

FMRTE is very easy to use if you really want to change this, make sure you have the game running, open FMRTE, load game, make the changes and save, by the time you press continue the changes have been made, you cant change this using the FM editor.

Milnerpoint, we just have different views regarding this. I don't think that I'm expected to know the laws of a certain country by heart as if I was some lawyer.

Well, now I used FMRTE to just cancel the transfer of the other player, which in my opinion should have been given as an option to me or not allowed me to sign him in the first place.

Anyway, THANKS A LOT for all your help, I really do appreciate it!

Happy Christmas to all of you! :)

Milnerpoint, we just have different views regarding this. I don't think that I'm expected to know the laws of a certain country by heart as if I was some lawyer.

No you dont need to be a lawyer but you should be aware of any restrictions on players within any country your are managing in. They are available to view by clicking on the league table and looking at the rules which will tell you about any limits on non eu players.

Other than using FMRTE there isn't really anything you can do other than starting again and paying more attention to these details.

If it was real life, there's no way no one in the club or in the manager's surroundings wouldn't let the manager know about the rules and restrictions, but as players of FM 2011 we don't have that luxury, so mistakes like this can happen. Using FMRTE in this case is totally reasonable and not cheating imo. Go OP.

Does the game even tell you who is in the EU and who isn't?? Considering how big a factor it is, it doesn't tell you enough. It should be part of their profile flashing in bright red when you agree terms, it's that important.

I've come unstuck on this before. I don't want my current affairs or political knowledge tested playing a Football Manager game. :)

Or take on a French team; their boundaries of who and who isn't EU are top!! :D

why should the game prevent you? You are in charge of the club, if you choose to ignore the rules of the country you are managing in, that is your problem not the AI.

in this instance i would suck it up and get on with it, next time you will know to double check for clicking the agree to sign button!!

while i do agree that as a manager, you should be aware of the rules in the country you are managing, i really can not see a real life scenario where your board would sanction the signing of a player who can not be registered. they may as well throw money down the drain.

I believe in FM10 this was in the section at the bottom "The squad can only sign one non-EU player per season: (1)" the one in brackets being the number already signed, or similar depending on what the rules, in Portugal I remember it was "Can only have 30 players over 19 (27)" and these only appeared if the player fell into one of those categories...I assume it is in FM11 as well, but cannot guarantee that...

Edit: So it turns out it is not in the FM11 contract screen...that is a bit of an issue to me, though I still think you should know the rules of the country you are playing in.

Well lets not worry about the rules now. I do agree the rules can be found easy enough but its too late now for this chap - I'm more interested in a "proper" solution to get round it signing just one player and its the one he wants- I can't think of one

while i do agree that as a manager, you should be aware of the rules in the country you are managing, i really can not see a real life scenario where your board would sanction the signing of a player who can not be registered. they may as well throw money down the drain.

they wouldnt waste any money because the transfer wouldnt go through.

i do agree in real life there would be people to spot these things, although you really should know the rules for the country you are managing in, you dont have to be a lawyer to look it up on the screen.

Archived