Should I or Shouldn't I

n0va

I was going to get this release of Football Manager back when it came out.

I have player FM for many of years and i made an FM Soundpack some might remember from a few games ago. I think theres still an updated version of it kicking around but obviously they will credit themselves. Anyway, i had decided to wait for a patch release before thinking of buying as i know the last couple of FM's needed patches to be playable. This time i think i called it right BUT its killing me lol.

I am not playing the manger game that i love and it feels like an alcoholic going without any drink for months!!

Noticing that there are so many threads of 'broken product' or 'give me my money back' i am still reluctant to buy this game! I just need to know if i should and if i shouldn't then i would like a resonable explanation that just 'dont buy it - it sucks' reply.

Are there people out there that enjoy it? Do the bugs really kill the excitement?

I look forward to any replies.

There is absolutely no reason why someone who owns FM2010 should go out and purchase FM2011 at the moment. The only people who should own FM2011 are those stupid enough to have bought it on release day.

The bugs are gamebreaking and numerous. Unless you plan on loading up the game and playing as one team for eternity, the game is broken. Even then, you have to cope with several tactical bugs to do with saving/tweaking etc.

Sorry SI but that's the truth - there's absolutely no recommending this game over its predecessor as it stands. FM2010 10.3 literally craps on FM2011 in every single department other than the general ME and match graphics in 3D.

You should look in the bugs forums, (all of them), and read the threads that have been created since 11.2.1 was released and make your own judgement. Be aware that a lot of the threads in there are just people who can't play the game properly, or rather, don't understand the mechanics of the game properly. There are a lot of bugs though, most minor but some pretty major ones too.

I have promised another forum a review of the game in early January and my recommendation to them is going to be 'wait until 11.3' purely because the problems people are having are numerous and intermittent. Not everyone is suffering with major issues, but many many people are suffering with minor ones.

Unfortunately there seems to be a bug between seasons 3 and 4 as regards play-off schedules not being created thus causing season 4 to not begin and that, to me, is a real game-breaker. I'm still nowhere near that stage so have no idea if I'm going to be one of those affected... I will be incredibly unhappy if I am. The problems with the tactics are pretty much caused by 'normal' game-play, but if you can figure out the workarounds and don't mind having to delete tons of 'Current' tactics after every few games then they're not a game-breaker - they are incredibly annoying and frustrating though.

The ME is flawed, pretty badly in my opinion, but matches are playable and are winnable. The issue with CCC's and 1-on-1's is, I believe, one of poor tactics rather than a bug. I say this as I also suffered with lots of missed chances but a slight change in mentalities and creative freedom settings made a huge difference... strikers that couldn't hit a barn-door at 10 paces were suddenly scoring hat-tricks and braces regularly. The major issue with the ME seems to be defensively; marking, tackling and positioning is terrible; having 4/5/6 men chasing after the same ball is hair-pullingly frustrating (8 seems to be the record - see the ME bugs forum); there are other issues but probably too many to document in a single post.

Then there are the crash-dumps. There seems to be a lot of people that are having real trouble getting the game to play at all, never mind for 3 or 4 seasons, and that's worrying. The causes though are 'under investigation' in the main, but there are times when the computer people want to run it on is simply not up to the job.

As I said, my recommendation in early January is going to be "wait until 11.3" and that is also mine to you. (but do read the bugs forums and make your own mind up :) )

Wait until the 3rd patch and ask again.

As someone else posted this has the potential to be 1 of the best FM's ever but at the moment there are just to many niggling faults.

People say the game is unplayable but for there is no 1 bug that makes it unplayable just a lot of small niggling bugs that come together to make it basically not much fun,frustration at every turn and I find myself switching the game off after 2 or 3 match's.

This is not the life sapping game it should be,more of a quick game before lunch.

Buy it. Everyone who is moaning are over exaggerating, looking fir it to be perfect to the point is exactly like real life and maybe just looking for an excuse to moan.

There a few bugs which have affected me, on on ones, player line ups not showing and set pieces resetting but nothing that makes it unplayable. Get patch 11.1 and off you go. Been playing about 15 years and I still love it.

wait until 11.3 arrives, plenty of people still playing 10.3 because thats obviously the best version so far.

only 11.3 can beat it, but this will take some time.right now, 11.2 is better than the mess that 11.1 was but still downright sucks.

for the future, buy your manager game in february, the games a mess in the first 2 patches.

I'll be brutally honest. The tactics bug doesn't bother me, I don't often change teams, I'm not a start low and work up sort of player.

I'm enjoying this far more than fm10. Get it now, if you can't stand the bugs, what have you lost? A few quid and a month waiting for the patch.

Buy it. Everyone who is moaning are over exaggerating, looking fir it to be perfect to the point is exactly like real life and maybe just looking for an excuse to moan.

There a few bugs which have affected me, on on ones, player line ups not showing and set pieces resetting but nothing that makes it unplayable. Get patch 11.1 and off you go. Been playing about 15 years and I still love it.

Totally agree. Had it for about a month now and absolutely love it.

Ignore fanboi posts like this and wait till the game is actually finished in February. I think many will be doing just that from now on.

GET IT NOW!!!!! I waited a month and a half as had a big project on outside work. Once it was done was bang on it.

I don't see major problems with the game tbh, despite what other say everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The few little things i've noticed myself have been fixed in the patches released so far.

My advice to you would be to get it now and make up your own mind.

Agreed totally!

Archived