Why did Chiellini reject me?

Big LOL imo

Tried to buy him from Juventus in the wake of my 3rd season at Barca. Negotiations went slow and I had to increase my wage budget to meet his near impossible demands. Finally after making a non-negotiable bid with a weekly salary of €200,000 and a sign-on fee of €8M along with the same to his agent, they accepted, saying something like "you gambled with that take-it-or-leave-it offer, but it worked out for you this time". I got the green lights and considered the deal done as I've never had problems after the agent gives me his OK.

More than a week later Chiellini refuses the deal, stating the contract offer is unacceptable and insulting(!). How is that even possible.. my best central defender is Gerard Piqué, he's a few years younger and has consistently been one of my very, very best players so far, scoring a bunch of goals even, but only has €90,000 per week without complaining. Chiellini would be getting €200,000 and all of a sudden it's an insult?

FU Chiellini seriously

You aqre the manager so you choose the contract - Similar has happened to me for smaller players but appear to accept then change their minds. Prhaps they are simply greedy.

You never played 2 companies off against each other on salary for a new job:D

Greed would be a perfectly logical reason, but I feel pretty sure he won't play with a better deal elsewhere in this lifetime. tbh I don't get it at all.

Doesn't really matter anymore, I got Thiago Silva anyway, at a much better price and easier negotiations, so I'm happy.

This happens to me ALL the time. Not Chiellini, but almost every player I try to sign. I give them exactly what their agent wants and after WEEKS a message pops up saying they're insulted by such a low offer (which the agent said was good) :mad: Very annoying:thdn:

This happens to me ALL the time. Not Chiellini, but almost every player I try to sign. I give them exactly what their agent wants and after WEEKS a message pops up saying they're insulted by such a low offer (which the agent said was good) :mad: Very annoying:thdn:

Try giving what the player wants, not what the agent will accept to take back and sell to the player

I personally haven't had an issue with this. 90% of the time when an agent accepts my offer, the player agrees to the deal, and I think that percentage is fairly realistic.

With Chiellini, the only thing I can think of is that he doesn't want to leave Juventus no matter what the money is. It would be better if he just said that though, rather than negotiating anyway.

And how do you do that, how do you know what the player wants? You always negotiate with the agent unless the player has no agent.

A well scouted player well reveal if he's really interested in joining your club, his probable wage demands. The key thing is the players interest in your club, if he's not extremely interested then its going to be a hard sell. Paying the the agent well will get him to agree that whatever terms you have proposed are good for the client (the player) but doesnt mean that the player will agree.

My advice is to only deal with players that really want to join your club otherwise you are looking at a mercenary scenario.

Also, though scout reports, find out if they will adapt to the squad. Definately no point in buying an overpriced player that will not get along with the squad!

It's another bug.

They basically become happier inbetween agreeing the deal, and coming to finalise. And because they are happier, they suddenly consider the new deal to be disgraceful. Rarely happens but is pretty stupid when it does. By and large every player asks for about 20% more than they deserve at the best of times.

It's another bug.

They basically become happier inbetween agreeing the deal, and coming to finalise. And because they are happier, they suddenly consider the new deal to be disgraceful. Rarely happens but is pretty stupid when it does. By and large every player asks for about 20% more than they deserve at the best of times.

Do we have evidence for this, ive never seen this posted as a reason before.

Sheva thinks everything is a bug... "oh look their striker scored a goal, must be a bug" "oh look I missed a penalty - must be a bug" "oh look their keeper saved that one-on-one - must be a bug" etc...

The minute the agent came asking for stupid money I'd have arrowed them out of the door and gone elsewhere, I don't break my wage structures for nobody! Thankfully, being a LLaMa usually means I don't have much dealings with the agents but when I first got the game I played as Sampdoria and would check the player's agents before even making a bid... any that looked like I'd have problems with I ignored their players, I don't want the hassle ;)

Whereever possible I refuse to pay agents. In the last few transfer negotiations I have spent more on agents than in the previous 2 seasons purely because the agents fee was the only sticking point and I wasnt going to lose the player of it.

Total transfer spend - £125millon, agents fees £6 million (it would have been 2, but I spent 4 million on the last 2 deals)

I HATE agents and I dont think its implemented correctly as many of the agents require more money than the total agent fees paid by the average premier league club last year.

However, its not a bug, its just not working perfectly yet (if that makes sense)

Whereever possible I refuse to pay agents. In the last few transfer negotiations I have spent more on agents than in the previous 2 seasons purely because the agents fee was the only sticking point and I wasnt going to lose the player of it.

Total transfer spend - £125millon, agents fees £6 million (it would have been 2, but I spent 4 million on the last 2 deals)

I HATE agents and I dont think its implemented correctly as many of the agents require more money than the total agent fees paid by the average premier league club last year.

However, its not a bug, its just not working perfectly yet (if that makes sense)

Technically, agents are suppose to get 10% of transfer fees, you should have paid 12.5M for a 125M spend.

What average club spend £125M??

You arent making much sense tbh! If anything you are doing well considering what you have spent.

Technically, agents are suppose to get 10% of transfer fees, you should have paid 12.5M for a 125M spend.

What average club spend £125M??

You arent making much sense tbh! If anything you are doing well considering what you have spent.

No agents dont get 10% of transfer fees, where does that come from?

What I meant was that a while ago the BBC posted the real life agent spend by premier league clubs and it was about £6 million a year if memory serves. I have to neg down every agent because they all ask for not only ridiculous amounts of money (£4million+ just for a contract renewal!) but also because most of them demand more than the arsenal board is even willing to pay.

No agents dont get 10% of transfer fees, where does that come from?

What I meant was that a while ago the BBC posted the real life agent spend by premier league clubs and it was about £6 million a year if memory serves. I have to neg down every agent because they all ask for not only ridiculous amounts of money (£4million+ just for a contract renewal!) but also because most of them demand more than the arsenal board is even willing to pay.

I saw that article too.

Man City spent £6M despite their huge spending because they introduced a policy of paying agent fees over the course of the players contract. Last season, they spend £10M on agents fees for less transfer fees.

Liverpool spend £12M despite a low spend, because they signed free agents and contract renewals, higher because of sign on and agent fees because their is no transfer fee involved.

Not going through every club tbh

10% is generally accepted as an agents fee (never lower than 5%) depending what situation the player is in, they get alot more for free transfers. Whether they get it up front or other the life of a contract is irrelevant, they get a huge portion.

I don't think that is the case, I'm sorry. Many agents, especially at lower levels are paid by the player, the club don't even get involved. The other thing to consider is that in resal life some clubs employ an agent who looks after their youth players and actually helps negotiate deals on the clubs behalf, therefore all that money spent on agents fees is not all spent in the way the game implies.

Archived