Features you never wanna see in FMH(i)

I assume there are some experienced FM PC/Mac users among the handheld crowd. I've been enjoying FM since '08. FMHi 2010 was my first taste of handheld and currently I'm playing a long term save with FMH 2011 on PSP and another save on FM 2011 PC. While I'm hoping for one or the other "big brother" feature in future updates or versions, there's some stuff I rather like to be kept out of the handheld experience. What is it that you never want to see incorporated from the big game and what are your reasons for your claim?

My list so far includes:

- press conferences. I found the sporadic approach of a journalist asking a question once in a while in former versions far better and less disturbing.

- manager interaction. It's part of real football but I hardly use it since I feel that it doesn't add to the atmosphere of how it is implemented. Many times, the choices don't reflect what I would like the other party to hear or read in the media. In the end, it's a feature that is there but doesn't add anything to my enjoyment.

- fans. It's a mere news item more to read. And more often than I'd like, their opinion doesn't reflect the matches realistically.

- team talks. They are a mere implementation of a manager's ability to read and interpret match stats correctly and to choose the right speech from a very limited list of options. It's a quiz within the game that has become boring and one does it because it's there and one feels it might affect the team adversely if not used at all.

I assume there are some experienced FM PC/Mac users among the handheld crowd. I've been enjoying FM since '08. FMHi 2010 was my first taste of handheld and currently I'm playing a long term save with FMH 2011 on PSP and another save on FM 2011 PC. While I'm hoping for one or the other "big brother" feature in future updates or versions, there's some stuff I rather like to be kept out of the handheld experience. What is it that you never want to see incorporated from the big game and what are your reasons for your claim?

My list so far includes:

- press conferences. I found the sporadic approach of a journalist asking a question once in a while in former versions far better and less disturbing.

- manager interaction. It's part of real football but I hardly use it since I feel that it doesn't add to the atmosphere of how it is implemented. Many times, the choices don't reflect what I would like the other party to hear or read in the media. In the end, it's a feature that is there but doesn't add anything to my enjoyment.

- fans. It's a mere news item more to read. And more often than I'd like, their opinion doesn't reflect the matches realistically.

- team talks. They are a mere implementation of a manager's ability to read and interpret match stats correctly and to choose the right speech from a very limited list of options. It's a quiz within the game that has become boring and one does it because it's there and one feels it might affect the team adversely if not used at all.

That's funny as I like all the above features and would like to see more of them! :)

Archived