[PSP] Blue Square Grievances

Decided to start a game in the BSP as Kidderminster Harriers, I started with £3.6M to spend which seems a bit ridiculous for a start. Anyway I decided that although unrealistic who was I to complain about having a wad of cash it could only make it more enjoyable when throwing it about , never have I been more wrong.

My wage budget is 1,400, I must have progressed to contract talks with at least 50-60 players alot of whom are on my interested list and every one without fail "doesn't believe the club can meet his demands" despite the fact most of them earn a third of my budget, combined with the fact most of my current squad are asking for three times their current wage (all out of contract in the summer) and it doesn't make for a very pleasurable game, I can't see me being able to field 11 players next season, I can't even buy players I don't want.

If anyone has experienced this or even better have a solution (buying players in the BSP) please give me a shout, maybe its just Kidderminster? I have £3.6M which I may as well invest in a pyramid scheme such is the good it's doing, I also have bloke earning £500 and worth 3k who wants £2,700 for three years to renew, its just absurd.

Managed to get a couple on loan but for some reason 3 of 4 pages of players for loan are goalkeepers which again doesn't seem right.

Also wanted to ask, I assume the Blue Square South isn't playable as I ideally wanted to be Bromley, they are on the game but I think just in a computer capacity, maybe on the next version?

Finally would it take much to have separate sub forums for PSP and iphone as it's a bit of a pain to browse through and also as you limit it to 2 pages of threads there's hardly any PSP topics?

Thanks.

The large transfer budget and excessive demands of players suggests that you have Sugar Daddy enabled in your Preferences.

If this is the case, to switch it off you should go to Preferences (on the main menu) and set Sugar Daddy to Disabled in the Bonus Content section. After that, starting a new game as Kidderminster should set their budgets to more realistic values and stop your current players and potential new signings from expecting such high wages.

The case about having PSP and iPhone sub sections has been and is being discussed.

Hi Jesus Seba.

You are indeed correct in your assumption that the Blue Square Prem is the lowest playable league in England.

I assume it wouldn't take a great effort to make it playable since it's already being simulated somewhere in the computer's memory?

there are many players which you can purchase at Kidderminster. Dont jump the boat into buying big named players as they are unlikely to come whilst you are in BSP mate ;)

my advice is purchase players which are going to be stars in the future and a big part of your squad. Get the balance between experience and youth correct and you are likely to shoot up the leagues and be able to attract big name players like, it seems, you are intending to do.

there are many players which you can purchase at Kidderminster. Dont jump the boat into buying big named players as they are unlikely to come whilst you are in BSP mate ;)

my advice is purchase players which are going to be stars in the future and a big part of your squad. Get the balance between experience and youth correct and you are likely to shoot up the leagues and be able to attract big name players like, it seems, you are intending to do.

I'm genuinely not, the players I am talking about are worth 1-5k (most of them) are also in BSP, on about £300-400 and are listed as interested, I am bidding for players who I don't want (but I think might come) just to try and increase my squad but even then the player "doesn't believe the club can meet his demands" with a £1,400 limit and these are players I don't particularly want let alone "big names" and "future stars".

Thanks for the replies and i'll look into the sugar daddy aspect, only two things though, my other save (Lazio) I started with very little (a few million) and surely if I have (accidentally) enabled it then it should be easier to buy players as opposed to virtually impossible?

Quick update, as David suggested the sugar daddy was enabled, not by me but automatically after some success I had with my aforementioned (Lazio) career, the same goes for managing the national team from the start feature after I won the European Championships with England also.

I still think this needs to be looked at, the sugar daddy was supposed to be automatically enabled as a reward for my success instead it feels like a punishment, I got promoted (with current squad and a couple of loans) and in league 2 still can't sign anyone, even Blue Square players worth 1k who are unhappy and transfer listed don't feel I can meet their wage demands with budget of £1,600.

While your point about players milking you for more money might have an element truth to it this is beyond ridiculous, I must of had between 75-100 players all of whom are at a lower level and not unrealistic (in my mind) targets saying I can't meet their wage demands, I don't even get to the stage where they ask for too much (and I can see what their demands are i.e £2,400 a week) I just get that message every tiime.

Sugar Daddy should make it easier to attract players (not infinitely more difficult as you have made it), bear in mind it's not just that players see the opportunity for high wages but they see the club has the resources to climb the leagues making it a more attractive proposition in terms of ambition and future than a bankrupt club in a higher/equivalent league, it didn't seem to make it more difficult for Notts County to attract players or are you trying to tell me they would have had Sol Campbell, Kasper Schmeichal etc regardless of their financial position?

The other one that springs to mind is Rushden and Diamonds a few years back when they assembled a squad way and above the quality of everyone else at that level (I can remember Leon Knight) and I bet they all weren't on 10k a week (or whatever the wage is that would satisfy all these distinctly average players I find myself bidding for), please look into this because the sugar daddy as a reward is a nice idea (as I say it seemed to be selected automatically I didn't even look at preferences) but if it is going to make it impossible to buy anyone, literally including players that teams in the league below me don't want, then there seems little point in having it, you also may want to look at why on my transfer listed or available for loan list (the only way I can recruit) 3 of my 4 pages are goalkeepers making it even more impossible.

Archived