Why!?

I'm managing Manchester United and I won the league in the first season. Tottenham finished seventh.

England sacked Capello in October of the second season. I applied for the job, thinking that due to me being English and having a proven track record I would have a chance. They rejected me straight away and gave the job to Harry Redknapp.

Now I'd love to have 'arry as manager irl but surely I should have got the job????

And yes I am moaning :(

Why..

Erm, let me see.

You, having 1 year of management experiance who won the league with arguably the best team in the country OR harry rednap a man with 40+ years of top flight management who is managing a top 5 or 6 side...

Yep, I know which of you I would pick for the job too.

I applied for the job, thinking that due to me being English and having a proven track record I would have a chance.

One year isn't a track record.

From my experience of the previous FMs, you can't get any national job in your first season or season and a half - just like you wouldn't be considered for, say, the Barca job if you applied. Give it until your third season (or late second) and they will start to offer you jobs. IMO even this is much faster than a manager would traditionally get offered a national job IRL, exception of players who are groomed for the role or are national legends (i.e. the disaster that was Maradona).

One year isn't a track record.

From my experience of the previous FMs, you can't get any national job in your first season or season and a half - just like you wouldn't be considered for, say, the Barca job if you applied. Give it until your third season (or late second) and they will start to offer you jobs. IMO even this is much faster than a manager would traditionally get offered a national job IRL, exception of players who are groomed for the role or are national legends (i.e. the disaster that was Maradona).

u can get a national job anytime! depends on your reputation and the country reputation. in fm 10 at the start of the first season i could always get Colombia or Mali's job because they didn't have a manager.

u can get a national job anytime! depends on your reputation and the country reputation. in fm 10 at the start of the first season i could always get Colombia or Mali's job because they didn't have a manager.

You can get some national jobs any time, but it's harder to get those at the bigger nations.

True enough but no-one expected Carson to throw the ball in the net against Croatia

If my manager was Stefve Mclaren I would throw the ball in the net every game out of embarassment... :)

atleast u can accept that your wrong unlike other idiots on these forums

Im not wrong! What are you talking about.

Oh wait. You werent talking to me. :p

2 words.... GARY SPEED!

Barely half a season of management and now has a national job.....

OK that's 13 words... well, 18 now. 21. 22. 23. Screw it!

Yea, but thats wales.

We are talking about a proper footballing nation. I mean you cant see a world cup winning side employing a manager with almost no managerial experiance...

(This is supposed to be a joke.)

Okay thanks lads... I kinda regret posting now. :(

Nah, dont worry. It makes a refreshing change to have someone say that.

International jobs - It may be worth applying for some relatively small nations to manage to build up a reputation and maybe one day the big job will come your way!

Nah, dont worry. It makes a refreshing change to have someone say that.

International jobs - It may be worth applying for some relatively small nations to manage to build up a reputation and maybe one day the big job will come your way!

Well I felt embarassed :(

I might do that... Northern Ireland dont have a manager on my game

Well I felt embarassed :(

I might do that... Northern Ireland dont have a manager on my game

embarrassed is:

- forgetting to put the oven on to cook the turkey because you are too busy playing FM

- giving the mother-in-law a kiss Xmas day when drunk

Archived