Your Contract

How do you guys negotiate your own contracts?

In FM10 I tried to earn as much money as I could, and at one point I was earning about 300k a week, but now I'm working at smaller clubs I just accept the wage I'm offered.

Do you see any significance in personal wage on the game? And is it cheating to negotiate a lower wage to save some pennies for the club?

I've heard people on here before saying it's cheating, which in effect you could argue it is as irl you probably wouldn't work for nothing.

I'm pretty sure this is the first version where you can ask for less than you've been offered.I see no significance in the personal wage in the game, I just except what i'm offered.

I'm with dafuge.

If I'm feeling very confident, I'll go for the biggest bucks on a one-year deal, with a view to getting a pay-rise the following year. Then, when I get to the point where i fear I might have promoted myself out of my depth, i'll insist on the longest contract possible, to make it harder to sack me. Play it like it's for real!!!

I'm with dafuge.

If I'm feeling very confident, I'll go for the biggest bucks on a one-year deal, with a view to getting a pay-rise the following year. Then, when I get to the point where i fear I might have promoted myself out of my depth, i'll insist on the longest contract possible, to make it harder to sack me. Play it like it's for real!!!

I used to feel the same way.

I started as Bromley in BSS and got promoted a few times. In third and fourth season I began to face immense financial problems. I couldn't find the source. I was always way below the allowed wages. Then I realised that I almost made 100.000 a week. Being far better payed than most Premier L managers. I asked for a new contract and asked for 30.000 a week.

I used to go as high as possible because I thought that was 'realistic', now I limit myself to being payed app. the same as the best payed in my league, since it is far to easy to get a huge salary.

I would like this issue to be fixed, but it should't be a high priority task for SI, since we can easily work around this.

I wish we could have a definative answer to this, because I took a pay cut because the board were on an on at me about my excessive wage bill. At about the same time I FINALLY managed to sell some players on high wages and in the end Im not sure if it was those players leaving or my wage reduction that brought me back under the line.

Im only earning £40K a week now, I was on £115k - but if I knew for definate that my excessive wage wasnt adversely affecting the clubs finances I would be going for every penny I could get!

I heard that having very low wages only means that you're more prone to being sacked because they won't have to pay excessive compensation and it doesn't help your finances.

Is that true?

As for the question I just go for whatever I'm offered, not bothered so long as I have my job.

i heard that this was the case for the last few versions, not sure if it still is. but i like to know that if they sack me then its going to cost them, so i go for the highest wage i can. mainly tho, its because im a money grabbing selfish bugger and like to think about what i would do with all that money. lol.

and i believe that jedispur is right, it is included in the staff salaries line on the expenditure, so it does affect your finances

Archived